ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

yet another Clio 182 track day road going car. Callyteee's blog

Update time!!..

So already booked up for Sunday's SLS Hot Hatch day, track time for me will start after 11am so time to get the car ready again.

After last time it came back with no issues to report.

So as a treat I've fitted a short shift to it so see if it makes any difference,

Old one out....

991C85C6-A95C-4510-B678-6FD4DBB55EDE_zps5wxwlpkg.jpg

The new guy!!..

F4BD0475-2822-4CEF-B2E5-A50DA1370057_zpsjtfjqbex.jpg

Yet to road test and see how it goes but will update and let you's know.

Also manged to now have a full set of OZ F1's Got too many wheels now lol

5B53AC0C-052A-4A5B-840F-1CC245F9E646_zpsh17h7tne.jpg

E9405A79-C21F-4EB2-92D6-D43AD8E309BA_zpsqfa72xxy.jpg

Going to have these at the road/wet tyres. And just get shot of the ones I have on already (anthracite one)

Getting the track wheels out and checked.. Once the tyres are done will get these refurbed thinking keeping them white still.

66D1122E-6AB7-4635-B6B9-8F999C1A54CF_zpsphlrdamm.jpg

All good really and not much to report so hoping all goes well on Sunday!

Ph2 172
What's the story with it being SLS? Are you competing or is it just a hot hatch day run alongside the competition?

Preping the car and the gear linkage dropped out from underneath the car 😞 so waiting for a hand to show up to adjust but while I'm waiting I'm take on some extreme weight saving.. 10 points to who can spot it :wink:

E33326E2-539B-4CB6-A2DB-76ACB95A6DC3_zpskxg9pacc.jpg

Found the issue to the linkage dropping out the bottom, circlip wasn't on correctly so back on after finding the right one and gear selecting is now a lot smoother so hoping that's he end if it there!

Track tyres on a quick check and all set for tomorrow and it's looking like a cracking day!!

Just needing tyre pressures and fuel and its job done!

F9A6C28B-7763-43E8-8AC6-74CD12003E12_zpsf1motofj.jpg

Another track day done and I think that's now either no.9 or 10 loosing count :smile:. Car ran well, still got the rear ARB set on soft but I'm not sure if I'm a fan of it. Will be putting it to hard and then maybe make my mind up from there.

The short shift held up after having issues fitting it at first. And yeah the shift is shorter and going by the videos I take 4th if not the same time just a little earlier, maybe not as noticeable as I had thought but happy to leave it in there :up:.

Wasn't the best day for hot hatch racing. Seemed as the SLS took over and was priority. Lack of organisation leaving you to be put into a group mixed with fast Evo and scoobys yet still having car with under 150bhp there aswell. Was only two groups but at least have a fast and slow one. Also was told 5 session then it became 4 session of 20mins but in the end was only 4 session of 15min and took over 1hr 30mins to get back on track. Too many drifters and donuts going on instead. so bit of a let down in my opinion... Rant done 😂 here a few videos. Only done 3 session and went home. Recorded 2 of them :car:

Had a good race with a corsa redtop in that one.

Bit of dirty driving from the bmw compact in that one. Kept overtaking on the right going into corners, guy thinks it's a proper race. Could have overtook him aswell they ain't the quickest.

A moment ago

Ph2 172
Those compact drivers can be muppets. If they're not diving past on the brakes then they'll purposely move over to stop you coming past on the straights. Fair enough if they were a lot faster through the corners but they aren't, I can pull away from them.

was looking through my receipts from me and previous owners and it fairly adds up ... near the 7k mark :eek:penmouth:, putting that down to being a looked after one until i got it 😂

thought id do a spec list see what yous think,

ENGINE:
Ported inlet manifold, 65mm enlarged throttle body, SOS Motorsport live Engine remap, Aircon Delete, Evol Dogbone mount, Samco elbow with pipercross filter, RMS custom decat and straight through exhaust + wrapped.

TRANSMISSION:
Standard Valeo Clutch, lightweight flywheel, short shift linkage and shifter.

BRAKES:
Brembo standard discs front, mintex standard discs rear, Mintex Racing pads on front, Standard Mintex on rear.

SUSPENSION:
FF Cup pack suspension, Eibach Sportline springs, poly bushed front anti roll bar (purple series), poly bushed steering rack (black series), poly bushed rear axle (purple series) Whiteline rear anti roll bar.

WHEELS:
15" OZ F1's + 15" renault turbines

EXTERIOR:
Fabia splitter, Stainless towing eye

INTERIOR:
Cobra Monaco pro bucket on runners, half roll cage, Sparco 300mm steering wheel. lightweight race style door cards.

been reading too many magazines and wanted to copy them there :smiley:

got a to do list as I ain't making Knockhill due to having a few things on, so I can potter away and get them done.

To Do List:

- Ktec / vibemount engine and gearbox mount
- refurbish OZ F1's
- adjust ARB to hard setting
- Fit rear Strut Brace
- oil change is needed
- fit washer blacks
- remove fogs + fit ducts to brakes
- remove excess sound deading and foam from behind dash etc

All the parts I have sitting here so just a case of getting them done. All the above and a right good polish is needed and it'll be good to go again. :up:

Ph2 172
Be good to see this next time I venture out to knockhill, should be a fair bit quicker rounds the track than it was standard.

Be good to see this next time I venture out to knockhill, should be a fair bit quicker rounds the track than it was standard.

It deffo is quicker round the track but I like to clip kerbs and get it on two wheels and loose too much time 😂. That time out with you and there was petrol on the track, the semi slicks I have are deadly in the wet and was terrible to drive that day.

Roumor has it you have throttle bodies :smiley::up:

was looking through my receipts from me and previous owners and it fairly adds up ... near the 7k mark :eek:penmouth:, putting that down to being a looked after one until i got it 😂

thought id do a spec list see what yous think,

ENGINE:
Ported inlet manifold, 65mm enlarged throttle body, SOS Motorsport live Engine remap, Aircon Delete, Evol Dogbone mount, Samco elbow with pipercross filter, RMS custom decat and straight through exhaust + wrapped.

TRANSMISSION:
Standard Valeo Clutch, lightweight flywheel, short shift linkage and shifter.

BRAKES:
Brembo standard discs front, mintex standard discs rear, Mintex Racing pads on front, Standard Mintex on rear.

SUSPENSION:
FF Cup pack suspension, Eibach Sportline springs, poly bushed front anti roll bar (purple series), poly bushed steering rack (black series), poly bushed rear axle (purple series) Whiteline rear anti roll bar.

WHEELS:
15" OZ F1's + 15" renault turbines

EXTERIOR:
Fabia splitter, Stainless towing eye

INTERIOR:
Cobra Monaco pro bucket on runners, half roll cage, Sparco 300mm steering wheel. lightweight race style door cards.

been reading too many magazines and wanted to copy them there :smiley:

got a to do list as I ain't making Knockhill due to having a few things on, so I can potter away and get them done.

To Do List:

- refurbish OZ F1's
- Fit rear Strut Brace
- oil change is needed
- fit washer blacks

All the parts I have sitting here so just a case of getting them done. All the above and a right good polish is needed and it'll be good to go again. :up:

No idea how any of that adds up to anywhere near 7 grand lol!!

Plans sound good though.

You had it weighed recently by any chance?

No idea how any of that adds up to anywhere near 7 grand lol!!

Plans sound good though.

You had it weighed recently by any chance?

There is old receipts for a brand new aircon system, and a few old receipts for a 1k at a time, old belts being done etc. ... All before my time. I must admit as if it needed me to spend that much, it wouldn't be here or it would be an absolute weapon 😂

No not weighed it yet but thinking I'm at a tonne or less. Only one seat and half cage makes a difference that would go unnoticed.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
There is old receipts for a brand new aircon system, and a few old receipts for a 1k at a time, old belts being done etc. ... All before my time. I must admit as if it needed me to spend that much, it wouldn't be here or it would be an absolute weapon 😂

No not weighed it yet but thinking I'm at a tonne or less. Only one seat and half cage makes a difference that would go unnoticed.
I can quite easily see how it all ads up to £7k lol, foolishly kept a spreadsheet going with mine...............keep looking at it and i still cant believe it all adds up lol! 😂😂

good seeing up there Cally, hopefully catch you in a few weeks!

Ph2 172
My throttle bodies have been sold to Craig, decided a trailer was a better investment for now.

Going to the ring next weekend but I'll be at knockhill regularly after that. Can't wait!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
My throttle bodies have been sold to Craig, decided a trailer was a better investment for now.

they've gone to a good home..... You're up far to early for a boy out on the town last night lol.....

Going to the ring next weekend but I'll be at knockhill regularly after that. Can't wait!
theve

Update of some new arrivals:

so the TO DO list stands at this the now.

To Do List:
- refurbish OZ F1's
- Fit rear Strut Brace
- oil change is needed
- fit washer blanks

.... and this first thing I take arrival of today is...

8166EC49-CAB7-4B5B-84E1-B22757546FC0_zps6jeqyewn.jpg

Yip rear camber shims -1.5degree... and not even on the to do list :laughing:

but as a bonus I did also get my wheels sorted and they look pretty good now just needing to swap over my tyre's from the other wheels.

4C9B9B0F-27C8-480D-A5D4-A4B443C6F265_zpsrefsqywc.jpg

going to re-do my turbine wheels when the tyre's are shot in the same colour i think but maybe with a wee twist :grin:

so TO DO list is now as follows:

To Do List:
-
Put tyre's on OZ F1's
- Fit rear Camber shims
- Fit rear Strut Brace
- oil change is needed
- fit washer blanks

So tonight was a good night and I made a start on a few jobs needing done..

187BB9C1-7DF8-47D0-89FB-20628873449B_zpsorcwaars.jpg

Off with the bumper to remove washer jets and fit blanks. Also grills off to give a paint and remove fog lights.

B9F46CEF-930E-49AC-B82B-F85F9BEE6FAD_zpsefe1vcch.jpg

Off!!....

8D21171C-A8E7-455B-AC82-1CB6EB612B61_zpspa9oslsr.jpg

Cheerie!!...

EE0754B2-AEAD-4853-BFD7-652762C01D8E_zpsixz1q3fb.jpg

As it sits the now..

DE599DA1-8B71-422F-A2DB-5513AE3AB497_zpsp9dzrjf1.jpg

Awaiting painting-

E5E28558-12EA-44E3-A7FC-05E833009B98_zps1tr0ozrf.jpg

Then I made a mistake and removed these and tried fitting the bumper only to have it sitting like a bag a s***

C05BFCC2-7454-4AC8-AAB7-D9872E62316E_zpseggzbgta.jpg

Other job needing done was to start fitting the engine mounts

Before:-

13457CFF-F142-4978-A8D7-9EE75A9E5419_zpsnmpgpo20.jpg

During:-

9012AB38-578C-4F60-9B1D-A44678527E44_zpsk5pzf8vw.jpg

Fee too a good home if interested :wink:

07BB07DD-62A6-4C67-8431-AF02B669B638_zpsvpa7bk8w.jpg

After:-

10BF8076-ABFA-474E-BAC9-63B31C52CD63_zpss8ny6lwu.jpg

And that's really where I am at the now... So the TO DO list as it stands

To Do List:
- Ktec / vibemount gearbox mount
-
Put tyre's on OZ F1's - DONE!
- Fit rear Camber shims
- Fit rear Strut Brace
- oil change is needed
- fit washer blanks - DONE!
- remove fogs - DONE! + fit ducts to brakes

Well overdue update needed!

Been working my way through the to-do list that I set myself and it had pretty much been done, the updated engine mounts are now in place along with the rear strut brace fitted and rear shims. Went for 15mm spacers with -1.5degree camber.

CE479654-9AFF-4AB0-9B05-A7C17CCC7D2D_zpsfwvl1hu5.jpg

Can't really see much from that picture tbh but some difference.

Also decided to fit camber bolts to the front aswell, went for the powerflex bolts over eibach ones.

So this is how To Do list sits now,

To Do List:
- Ktec / vibemount gearbox mount - DONE!

- Fit rear Camber shims - DONE!
- Fit rear Strut Brace - DONE!
- oil change is needed
- fit ducts to brakes
- remove excess sound deading

So all going well after fitting the new parts I decided to take it out a run (some squeaky noise comes of the rear strut brace..) and it decided to shoot a plug out of cyclinder one 😞

4B96BC70-4FB4-48EC-8231-E9CAF527A5B9_zpsf0rj0ej9.jpg

332713B1-BCEB-4EB4-BF2D-690130A50416_zpsyx51ljtl.jpg

CD0A61DA-8D02-4A93-AB68-DEEC0751B945_zpsqhmht0nk.jpg

Deciding what's the best option to take, repair the thread for the plug in place or remove the head and new head gasket, and give it a good all over clean up??

So this happened today...

87838E2C-2ECE-4763-B656-CF15663C447D_zpsiyh0swsp.jpg

After blowing a plug a few weeks ago decided to take a look at the other plugs and see how they looked.

The idea was to do that, change oil and filter give it a polish up then get it ready for the next track day... Looks like that won't be happening now.

So the plan of action is cylinder head off and get the plug holes re-tapped and clean up/remove any shaving in there. Was going to do the repair treads on it but as its two plug holes now just get them all seen to and I'll feel for confident with it done.

Head gasket is on order, so once that arrives then get it done, recently had a new belt so that doesn't need replaced. hopefully get it back on the road soon.

Bit of a set back to be honest, car runs a treat when on the track but seem to break on me when its at the house not doing anything haha.. Just my luck I guess :down:

To Do List:
Head gasket and re-tap plug holes
- oil change is needed
- fit ducts to brakes

- remove excess sound deading

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Looks excellent mate.

Just a quick one, when you fitted your stiff shift how did you remove the old assembly with the gear knob intact? I have removed the circlip underneath but cant fit it through the gap.

Cheers.

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
I'll be aiming for this should be getting the car back next week or so, plenty of time to get it going. Is there anything happening in July?
Open session full day (reverse) on Saturday 11th and a track night on Tuesday 14th...... If I get the car built back up I'll try for the 14th, think Fraser will be there as well.

Work in progress....

22B4DA4B-6460-4603-ABF5-6B444B8BF09E_zpsewrjugpm.jpg

DBF0404D-6DA2-4A1D-824E-BC6F9495FFA2_zpsy7qb1oez.jpg

Cylinder head is already away to get the spark plug holes sorted and also cleaned up.

Awaiting arrival of a head set and the job should be done for tomorrow night.

And if all going well and weather is good it'll be out on the Saturday :cool:

Long overdue update...

Had a track day on today, an open pit lane day and was the first time I've done a proper open pit day rather than a hot hatch. Must admit I did enjoy it, did think that an open pit day would just be loads of fast evo's, caterham's and westfields but there was a decent mix.

After getting issues with a shot plug and threads, this was the cars first time out since the cylinder head has been repaired, cleaned and new head gasket set fitted. No loss of water or oil so happy there and the car didn't miss a beat all day. I had only booked myself on for a half day as I wanted to make sure the car was good and not last a session or two then give me issues.

Along with making sure it was running good this was my first time out with the new camber settings, and I feel it's more planted now more so on the rear I would say has the biggest change. Still ran my rear ARB at the soft setting and had fitted a rear strut brace. The next thing to do is set the ARB onto the hard setting and see if I notice any difference.

So cars back and running well. Next track day will be September so will see what I do from now till then..

Tried a few videos but camera was playing up so might not be any good.

26BEB531-C218-4C77-B821-5D49E3B36E6C_zps5dex3xqo.jpg

Few videos uploaded from yesterday.

First ones a little wet on track so took it easy.

Started to dry as the day went on,

Then gave my self a longer run out after a few stop and go's in this one enjoyed chasing the silver Impreza and then was chasing n rx8 near the end and had a spin going into the hairpin. Mix of late braking and over Doing the laps tbh.

Last edited:
  2016 Audi RS3
I bought one of those shifters for my Renault 5 GT Turbo - had to shave a few mm off the alloy bushing to be able to get the circlip properly relocated in the housing.

I bought one of those shifters for my Renault 5 GT Turbo - had to shave a few mm off the alloy bushing to be able to get the circlip properly relocated in the housing.

The guy that fitted it for me said he had to drill a bush aswell to make it fit.

Don't think it's a bad shifter, done a few trackdays with it now and it's performing well.

Update

Well not much new on the clio front from its last trackday. Will manage a trackday or two before the end of the year so will wait and see how that goes.

Mod wise the latest thing I've done it this..

D33FA1DB-167B-49DC-BD01-0BD45B95BAFE_zpshr5mxuvz.jpg

The must have in latest race car needs! 😂

As for mod wise I'm on the look for a good set of Coilovers to suit the FF setup.

As for future mods the big one and it'll be a long term project I fancy doing is the VW 1.8T conversion. Big build and taking my time to do it, while at the same time still running the 182 engine until it fails in me.

Posted a bit in the engine part on the site asking for help and info on it. So if anyone with info feel free to pass it on :up:.