ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wrote te VTS off :(

M

mini-valver

Tis dead, gutted! Coming down a lane near me, its wide enough for 2 cars and is a 60 limit but isnt seperated by white lines. I was doing about 50 over a crest, tractor in th middle of the road flat out down the bank. Tried to brake, locked up and had a fishtail going on, caught it and tried to go on the verge to avoid slamming into him head on probably still doing 40ish. Hit the verge and just lost the rear on the mud, corrected it and slammed straight into the back wheel of the trailor, bouncing me back into the hedge.

Me and the GF in the car, airbags come out which is surprising as its a)10 years old and french b) The airbag light was on! Shes got seatbelt burn on her neck and Ive got a massive lump on my collar bone, big lump on the top of my head and airbag rash on my arm. The car is trashed, roof kinked and pushed up so you can fit your hand between the top of the door. Front end totalled, inner wings twisted in and strut tops twisted round. Engine turns over but the fuel pipes have been ripped off so doesnt fire. All the wheels point the right way but the brake pedal was wedged in, lol. Dragged it into the hedge further along and a mate come and recovered it.

The tractor had a dented rim, FFS. If there was ever a case for caged livestock, this is it! Farmers can f**k right off :dapprove:

Pics to follow, obviously.

M

mini-valver

Banging headache and my collarbone is f**king killing, but we're alive! I'm pretty impressed with how it stood up really, 40 odd MPH into a tractor wheel in a Saxo is usually serious injuries. Cheers lads :D

Gig in half an hour though, cheer myself up, lol.

M

mini-valver

If I had a quid for everyone who stopped and said that, I'd buy another.

Anyone want any Saxo bits?? :eek:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Saxo VTS ftfw!

Superb cars!

Unlucky fella, christ you will be able to buy 2 in a months time the way things are going!

M

mini-valver

I know, loved it! 122k, thrashed daily and it just kept going, was a quick un too.

I'd have another in a shot but its skittish back end really didn't help avoiding John Deere!

wait and see ;)
gutted for you Dave, ive seen a mates old saxo 1.1i that got hit by a transit van doing 35mph and it wusnt a pritty site so i cant imagine what your looks like after going into a tractor at 40mph:(

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
you knob!! You could have crashed it AFTER i drove it Hehe. Gutted for you though mate it was a beast :(

saxowned..............gutted PAL, you should of called me..id of come and roffled long time;)

glad your both okish mate:).........wheres it happen BTW?

xx

Gem

Racing Blue 182
Totally gutted for you matie. Glad you and Diggers are ok though....I dread to think had you not controlled it as much as you did!

We'll have cider tonight and make t***s of ourselves. I might even mosh. MIGHT.

M

mini-valver

On the way into Hollington mate!

Danny, I'd be surprised if mine was less than 120, put it that way, lol

Gem

Racing Blue 182
My photobucket is working fine. Thats obviously another thing thats gone wrong for you today :eek: :eek: :eek:

M

mini-valver

DSC00821.jpg

DSC00822.jpg

DSC00823.jpg

DSC00824.jpg

DSC00826.jpg

DSC00827.jpg

DSC00828.jpg

DSC00832.jpg

Clio 197
Did a good job on that one didnt you. Good job its only a bit of metal although a tidy one (well not now) Glad you and your gf are ok though

M

mini-valver

Cheers for the comments folks :)

I just ache TBH, lol. 50 in a 60 is hardly speeding.

ITB'd MK1
jesus!! Was going to ask about the engine but there must be bad things behind that bonnet now. Not a good end to the week, but atleast you walked away

Bugger.

I can't even see the crest in that pic though, you must have been doing quite a fast 50 ;) lol

EDIT: didn't you manage to write a mini (and almost yourself! lol) off a while ago?

Have you done any advanced driving training yet?

If not, now might be the time to start... lol

Last edited:
  Track valver + Ibiza FR
Gutted mate. A least you were in the saxo and not the clio and you and the misses are ok.

Mondeo TDCI 130
FFS kev! What the hell have you done you vandal?! All my hard graft that went into it aswell!!! :( lol!

At least your ok lad! It went so well :(

On the plus side, fixed the rattle? oui??;)

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
Yea where the f**k is the "hill" lol. Gutted for you fella. Saxos always look bad after crashes though, must be because they're made of tin foil lol