ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi A6 =1, Clio 172 cup =0 My car crash :(

BMW 330d :)
Hes just denying liability... Which i find comical as he was the one that lost it, hit me head on and on my side of the road! He said that he was away on holiday as well just after the accident which is very helpful!

A 1.6 megane coupe/ cabriolet! ;) Not bad for a hire car and the roof is quite cool... Still feel a bit of a t@sser driving it though... But it is so relaxing to drive compared to my cup even though it doesnt accelerate anywhere near as fast!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
lol @ everyone wanting to see pics. The guy has been through a nasty accident and could have lost his car in the process.

More importantly, where are the f*cking pics? Get them posted!! ;)

Clio 172 mk2
And its turning out that the claim is anything but hastle free... His insurance company has not accepted liability for the accident. So its just as well I have an accident report...

Sorry to hear that....that's always the f**king way, nice as pie and accepting responsibilty at the scene and then stubborn and lying later on.

I think if the police were at the scene and did a report etc you should be okay....you did the right thing getting them out.

Motorbikes
ouch hope it all gets sorted out ok.

when i wrote off my car i got a vauxhall agila 1.2 twinport and then a 1.2 twinport corsa... as much as i hate to say it, the agila was quicker then my clio in a straight line, but nowhere near as good in the twisties and then the corsa was something else!

tiTTy & SV650
you should never admit liability, I think its actually against the law to admit liability in Scotland as you incriminate yourself which isn't supposed to be allowed or something.

Doubt that comes into play though, the Insurance companies will fight it out amongst themselves. Worst case here they'll dispute and dispute and end up saying its 50-50 which would be gutting considering you did nothing wrong.

Did he admit liability to the police? If so he aint got a leg to stand on...

Just to give you guys a bit of an update..... My car is at allied car repairers at the moment, and its going to cost around 2k to fix.... Whole new front end, bumper, bonnet, grilles, wing, air filter, lights, radiator, light motors..... And the front chassis arms are bent but the guy said on the phone that they are designed to deform and its going to go back on a chassis jig to pull them all out properly.

So it doesnt seem like its going to be a write off... Ive got pics on my phone but basically all they will show you is a crumpled up bonnet and pushed in bumper.

I've been put off the elise a bit by the rover engine and a horror story in this months evo mag long term section. Cost something like 3000k to repair engine and other parts that had failed in a 7k car!!

Anyway I'll post up before and after pics of the accident damage. :)

Cheers

Fraser

That's crap to hear about the problems the other driver / their insurance company is causing, but at least you're getting a car to abuse/use whilst the cup's away. Rory mentioned he'd spotted you with a knackered front end, but I didn't realise it'd only just happened!

Hope if gets sorted soon.

And get the pics up ;)

furniture? lol Well the woman took a full report so my insurance company can ask for it if they need it. No need now as the guy has accepted full liability.

Oh and the scuttle shake in the megane is pretty shocking with the roof down and it takes a fair bit of winding up to overtake things compared to my cup.

However just come back from a weekend away and it was very relaxing to drive with the roof up, comfy chairs, soft suspension and not much engine or wind noise due to the hard top. However it does seem to take an eternity to put the roof up and down which isnt good when it starts to rain!! ;)

Cant wait to get my car back though...

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
the roof isnt that bad, stop being a homo, it still goes up when you driving up to 15mph when i had one.

glad your being sorted out

always bad news after an accident , his insurance company would have told him not to admit liability otherwise they wont pay out , glad its sorted soon , ready for a cold winter :S .....ice ring city

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Great to hear that things are on track!

Remember what I said, do not accept the car unless its perfect!

Latest happenings....

I get my car back 2moro hopefully (wed), havent been given a time yet but they said it will be after the quality control check and valeting etc....

I'm excited and nervous at the same time, I cant wait to feel the performance again after being used to driving the 1.6 megane for the past 3 weeks. It will feel like a ferrari in comparison! However I want the car to be perfect which I very much doubt.....

Still mulling over selling it and getting something quicker...

Anyway I'll post up some before and after pics when I get it back.

Cheers

Fraser

I'd only go for the 255 V6 or maybe something different and even more impractical like an s2 elise.... 350Z is also in the mix. Had a go in the original non-cupped 225 meg and wasnt immpressed with the power particularly or handling for a car of that value.

Had a shot of the new toyota engined elise s on an extended test and demo drive and was blown away. The practicality of it and winter looming are putting me off though.

Decisions, decisions....

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Only view your car in good light, other wise you may not be able to reject bad work at a later date.

Thought I'd post up some pics of the accident damage... Sorry its taken so long but I've been busy with work and other stuff... I'll need to post up another pic of how it looks now but this should give you an idea of the damage... Relatively light in comparison to some smashes I've seen.

Last edited:
Re: Audi A6 =1, Clio 172 cup =0 My car crash :( **UPDATED**

One more and also some pics of it before the crash :(

Last edited: