ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi A6 =1, Clio 172 cup =0 My car crash :(

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Poor sod. Hope you manage to get it sorted out m8 - and don't (please!) claim for any personal injury if you haven't had cause to do so.

By the sounds of it, you have decent morals - instead of pumping up the insurance premiums for everyone else (and yourself, in the long run).

Let's just hope this A6 driver isn't a bullshitter and makes things awkward for you.

D.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Bit of a shitter, no fault of your own but you will potentially have a car worth much less than a non-crashed Cup in future.

Would it not be better if it was written off?

tbh, Im not sure that is necessarily true, especially in the cramped engine bay of a 172 it is difficult to see a replaced slam panel and beyond most peoples technical knowledge. Also you would get identical price PX with a trader.

Ad

MK2 FRS
nah, that is common myth mate. Only shows on the HPI check if it is listed and that only happens if its written off and then you get a payout for the full value and the insurance keep the car, unless you chosse to buy it back.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Clios are relatively straight forward to repair chasis wise from the front so I would worry about that. If its repaired its colour match and panel alightment that you need to check for.

BMW 330d :)
Cheers Ad thats kinda put my mind at ease.... But I was thinking about replacements if I didnt want to keep the car.... But it would mean a bit more cash... I think Id get about £6-6.5k for my car so I was thinking about a 182 cup/trophy, used elise s2, used mk2 v6 and maybe a used 350Z. But I do 12-13k miles a year which could kill the elise idea and it would prob be my only car so practicality would come into it a bit! ;) :(

This sucks...

Ad

MK2 FRS
Yeah it would take some commitment to do 12k a year in an elise, but people do do it. Some guy did 30k+ a year in his VX for two years.:eek:

350z is significantly higher running costs.

Probably best not too let your thoughts run. with 6k value, you have 4ks worth of repair before it gets written off, which will get you further than you think.

Yeah I cant do much until the assessor gets a look and if the car is repairable. I'll just need to be patient but Im now without my own car due to no fault of my own.... Really p!sses me off....

Ad

MK2 FRS
^^ thats wrong mate. If they dont admit liability on monday get on to an accident management company.

I have used a company called britannia in the past who provide you with a like for like car. Which is what your entitled to. If you get pics of the car I might be able to give you some idea. Seen that you have driven it home (on another thread), so sounds like it may be repairable, so im guession the radiator has been bust??

Yeah Im got some pics on my mobile which I will try and post up. Sounded like the driveshafts were damaged as the vibration and noise was horrendous.... I'll speak to my insurance company as soon as possible.

Thanks for the help and support guys

Golf GTI PP Mk7
and i thought cup drivers never "slam" their brakes on ;) guess some are human after all...

yeah we do, lol, in moments of panic, im the other cup owner to of crashed, slid into the back of another car last week.

Hope your ok tho mate, its definately a bummer.

^^ LOL. Ive normally found the lack of abs ok in the dry but the road had some mud and rubbish on it which didnt help matters. Even with abs I would of hit him as he was coming straight for me.

I'll just need to wait to see what happens...

Peddled device
Nightmare....if the a-pillars been moved,damaging your door,then it may be wrote-off.
You'll be able to claim as well if you have an injury.Hope it works out and you're back on the road soon....maybe 182 Cup with ABS?

Monaco Blue 172
I said nothing:quiet:

If you dont have anything constructive to say dont say anything at all khunt. Same goes for you jooliona.

Thanks for the rest of the SUPPORTIVE comments guys....

:)
actually i followed that with something constructive and supportive, but u didnt quote that bit :p and to be fair this is kind of a timely reminder for cupsters (and all of us really) to be just that little bit more wary as the season changes. but i'm in no way suggesting that the accident was ur fault. the audi driver is clearly a buffoon ;) peace out

Last edited:
  Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Really gutted for you. At least the other guy admitted liability, and fingers crossed your car can be repaired. The most important thing though is that you are ok, cars can be replaced people can't. Good luck mate.

MKIII 138
cant be many 172cups left now, im so glad i got to own one an run one before there extinct or too old and rusty

tiTTy & SV650
Cheers guys, I insisted on a police report cos there werent any witnesses.... The insurance company sees a 25 year old driving a hot hatch and a 60 year old driving a top line audi who are they going to believe?? Makes me mad.

Oh and I saw rory182 while I was driving back home... He looked a bit shocked at the state of my car! It was just about drivable but the driveshafts sound shot and it was making a hell of a noise. Still there didnt seem to be any fluid loss which was good....

Hopefully i get it back soon..

Cheers

Fraser

aye f**k me drove past you just after that then? I was off mountain biking for the weekend, hence the bike on the roof!

not having much luck with it at the mo eh...

Hope it gets sorted completely asafp.

Was it on Balmore road? or the wee road past the dump out to Bishopbirggs? always loads of mud on those roads, good for some sideways fun I've found.

Last edited:
It was hilton rd the one past the dump. The guy tried the sideways action in his brand new a6 but instead went straight on into the scenery and then straight into me!! Anyway Im without a car for work which Im p!ssed about but ppl are being helpful.

I'll let u know what happens.

Cheers

Fraser

M

Mark E-J

get a claim 4 compo m8 f**k it they would do the same 2 u! hes obviously got 2 much cash and doesnt care about money, people or property!

make sure u go through his insurance and not ur own!

and im gutted for you m8 truley gutted!

hope ur ok m8 take it easy

Mondeo STTDCI
Sounds like a bit of cadence braking would have sorted that out!

I love the "insisting" on a Police Report but if it was non-injury damage only and both parties swapped details then the Police really needn't get involved.

A quick accident report will have been done and then written off. Sounds like they didnt think there were any offences to investigate as neither driver was interviewed at the roadside.

Doesnt really serve any purpose TBH other than some stats and details kept for insurance companies.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
:( always sorry to hear about accidents.. hope you get it all sorted and the car is ok afterwards. DONT TAKE IT TO THE BODY SHOP THAT THE INSURANCE TELLS YOU TO!!!!!

You have right of refusal under law and can take to where ever you want. Accident bodyshops are poo. They get screwed down to the minimum by the insurers and only do have a job, painted parts are not upto scratch! Be very carefull!

Sounds like a bit of cadence braking would have sorted that out!

I love the "insisting" on a Police Report but if it was non-injury damage only and both parties swapped details then the Police really needn't get involved.

A quick accident report will have been done and then written off. Sounds like they didnt think there were any offences to investigate as neither driver was interviewed at the roadside.

Doesnt really serve any purpose TBH other than some stats and details kept for insurance companies.

Cadence braking is all well and good but when you have a two ton car heading straight for you that sort of goes out the window. Even with abs I would have hit him. There was literally no time to get the car slowed down enough to stop.

Im allowed to "insist" for a police report if I want to, as although it was the other gentlemans fault and clearly his fault there was nothing to stop him then denying liability which he cant do now....

We were both interviewed at the roadside and the police officer said that it was the other parties fault, she could tell this by the skid marks and the scenery that the other car had pulled onto the road and which was down the side of his car.

I wish people would ask for the facts rather than giving misguided opinions....

Last edited:
Yeah Ive got some, ill try and post them up. Its not as bad as I thought. A bit of a crumpled bonnet, pushed in bumper, cracked lights, damaged radiator, and door that I think is clashing off the wing.

And its turning out that the claim is anything but hastle free... His insurance company has not accepted liability for the accident. So its just as well I have an accident report...