ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wrote te VTS off :(

M

mini-valver

That was my impression? Tbh, it looks like your Saxo was a tough 'ol bird if that damage was caused by hitting a tractor wheel.

Maybe they aren't as soft as I thought?

Glad you and the missus escaped serious injury though. That's the main thing.

edit - oh s**t - just remembered. Was this the one I posted in a thread a few months back where it looked uber-shiny in a pic from the passenger front corner view? Shame. :(

D.

Yup :(
This one! Check out my progress thread on it too, put soooo much work into it!
DSC00152.jpg

Hope the whiplash isn't too bad today dude :S

Least you got some moshing in at the gig before your shoulder falls off though :eek:

Me and Olly were discussing that road last night, the crest kinda sneaks up on you if you ask me, does'nt look all that big but visibility is poor...

Aye, I come over the crest and just anchored up and got on the verge to avoid him and it spun me 90 degrees, caught it and hit the wheel sorta at 60 degrees and bounced into the hedge.....

Ruined that one, but at least no one was seriously injured.

Going flying over crests is always a bad idea.

I wasnt flying! FFS, 50mph on that road isnt excessive.

Gem

Racing Blue 182
50mph definately isnt excessive on that road....you can do it 9 times out of 10 safely. For a country road that road is buggeringly wide too!

Just wrong place, wrong time.

Hows the shoulder?

Mustang, S13, AX GT
unlucky dave but atleast you and the mrs are ok. use the insurance payout to buy a proper engine for the clio ;)

BMW 330D
Shitting hell Dave!
Never saw the VTS in the flesh but looked a tidy motor
Glad you and the missus are ok.
Chin up, although it will have already been said cars can be replaced!

M

mini-valver

Cheers man! Not claiming mate, rather keep my no claims than piss around with a few hundred notes!!

M

mini-valver

Yeah, Russ. Got a guy that wants the whole thing for £300 so I'd rather do that TBH. I'd get a nice little wedge stripping it but I just havent got time!

Cheers Oms, loved that car!

53 Clio's & counting
ah shame chap, well try to look on the bright side, you got alot of use and smiles out the ol' girl!

53 Clio's & counting
lol not far off me there chap, 23k in 14 months in my ph1, bad really as i only live 10 miles from work lol

M

mini-valver

I had an extra person and we were sprinting from 90 to 130 odd, you planned it so you'd win. Fiend. ;)

53 Clio's & counting
look have a funny blue clio and you own a paxo they will never be faster than mine for 3 reasons:

1: mines a blk ph1 and everyone knows there faster
2: higher mileage cars with stone chips go faster
and 3 its a blk ph1 lol :rasp:

i need to get some sleep im starting to loose it........

M

mini-valver

Doubt it mate unless another cheap un comes up! Looking for a Corsa sport for a runner now for the mrs, got some carbs in the loft and a mate has an XE manifold...... Be rude not to ;)

This was on 122k Russ! To 80ish, it was farking rapid!

M

mini-valver

I know how you feel mate, really didnt want to get up for work this morning. High milers are always quicker eh!

53 Clio's & counting
damn right mate, my g-tec says 6.58 0-60 on mine :) (my best being 6.48) and thats only with a cat back exhaust and decent tyres , though bet id still have proper trouble loosing your saxo

M

mini-valver

Got the Clio back now, it was only a runaround all along but it was so much fun, I just kept it!

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
Mini-Kev! :slap:

What the fook? KEV only told me about your off this morning!

Glad you're ok Kev, and Mrs Mini-Kev too... (Pics? ;))

What next? Clio for a while?? :race:

Mondeo TDCI 130
Mini-Kev! :slap:

What the fook? KEV only told me about your off this morning!

Glad you're ok Kev, and Mrs Mini-Kev too... (Pics? ;))

What next? Clio for a while?? :race:

Want me to fire you some over baggers? from the kev personal collection?

M

mini-valver

I contemplated whacking a couple of grand on the card when I read you couldnt give yours away, I'd be castrated though :(

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Yeh, got to the stage and I am happy to let it sit on the drive rather than be forced to sell for £1,500-£2,000 dependant on what I could eventually sell it for.

Reckon you could really squeeze a seller and get a very good deal if you were to get another VTS or even GTI.

Only driven one Corsa but it was awful. That what you have in mind GSi.

M

mini-valver

Dont blame you mate, from what I've seen your's is stunning!

I have my Clio but wnat a runner, mrs is still learning to drive though so I'll probably just save the cash and be a named driver on her insurance as I'm only home 3 days a week anyway!