ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FOOK SAKE.

Mondeo STTDCI

Was driving along the A13 this morning at 9.30, wanting to come off the Becton slip.

Sat in a queue of stationary traffic at the lights, until I got past some road traffic cones which meant I could "clip in" to what is going to be a bus lane (but isnt yet). Accelerating up from stand still in my 1.2 isnt very exciting but nonetheless, I got up to about 30mph in second gear when a moped appears from the queue of traffic to my right. He is actually horizontally going through the gap and he comes straight out in front of me.

I slammed the brakes on but it wasnt enough so I made the excruciating decision to kerb the car to try to avoid th moped. Managed to hit both kerb and moped at the same time, the moped ending up BEHIND my car.

I jumped out and approached the 2 riders "WHAT WERE YOU TWO f**kING PLAYING AT?!"

At which point one of them took off his helmet, and decided to leg it. I grabbed his mate round the collar to stop him legging it as well whilst I called 999.

Waited around 5-10mins for the Cops to arrive, with the moped rider begging me to tell them he was the passenger, and offering me his mates address if we could do a "deal". I told him that unless he had £500 in his back pocket - no deal.

Cops arrived at which point some random bloke came walking up from the distance - with the other moped rider with his arm up his back STILL carrying his helmet. Apparently he was hiding on a grass verge watching only 50 yards away.

Turns out the driver was 15, uninsured, obviously no license, and the moped (one of those red and white sh*tters) was stolen - no, sorry, they "found it".

So I just wrecked 2 x 17" OZ Super Ts. Have a 4inch gash in my front bumper (easily repaired) and have already paid out for wheel alignment and balancing etc to the tune of £130.

All cos 2 little sh*tS who shoulda been in school were f**king about with a stolen ped. b******s.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

f**king hell dude that sucks. totally feel for ya, what can u do though...claim on insurance i guess. basterds

Mondeo STTDCI

I dont really know what I CAN do. I mean my excess is probably 2 thirds of what it would cost and losing my NCD is NOT an option if I want a 182 soon.

Guess Ill just have to fork out for a refurb or 2 new wheels and a repair job on the gash in the bumper.

Clio v6

That is totally the crappiest thing to happen. Its enough hassle even when they are insured.

"I grabbed his mate round the collar to stop him legging it as well whilst I called 999."

They will probably sue you now "The driver broke my collar bone, I lost my job at McDonalds and I want compensation"

Even suing the parent you will probably get £1 a week for years.

Sorry for swearing but Wee c**ts!

Mondeo STTDCI

Yeah I was very aware of grabbing hold of him waiting to get arrested! But luckily lots of witnesses. Even one passer-by in a van who wanted the kid to knock me and and to run, and shouted at the kid to do so.

Lionel Richie

soory to hear that dude!!!!

I was mugged whilst i was in my car about 18months ago (Violent Robbery is the technical term!!!)

Still waiting for my compo!!!!

i would have found out his age, wen realised he wasnt insured thru him back infront of the car and shot forward! put the git in hospital and sed it was wen u hit him! lol

gutted to hear it mate! dunno how u stopped ure self stovin his head in!

Quote: Originally posted by hip_spasm on 11 March 2004

Even one passer-by in a van who wanted the kid to knock me and and to run, and shouted at the kid to do so.

sadly thats the kind of f*ck-wit scum that inhabit a lot of this country these days mate - it really is disgusting. as for knocking his head in, i bet you would have loved to but it would have ruined your other plans if you had of ended up getting nicked for it.

good luck getting is sorted out, try not to let it get you down.

Mondeo STTDCI

My whole day was ruined anyway. I spent the next 2 hours in the nearest nick making a statement, and I even got a present from the Police. Yes, you guessed it...

I GOT A PRODUCER!

You did well to hold you cool lad i would probably be behind bars now for the retribution i would have exacted in the direction of the moped driver. Afterall is said and done the famous last words are appropriate "its only a car". Trouble is you dont quite see it that way when the red mist comes down. I think had it been me in your situation they young lads would both have black eyes. It wouldnt fix the damage but at least you would feel they were not getting away scott free. Trouble is these young lads dont fear anything bring back public flogging and stoning for more serious crimes [;)]

Mondeo STTDCI

Agree with you Scribbs BUT I am applying to be a Copper. Need to keep my nose clean.