ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which would win ?

Mk2 Clio dci
we already know the length, its 1/3 of a mile as in the first post!! so who wins then.............??

178hp 172 Cup
yeh true!! if u ask me the pod is the only true way to go!! u cannot blame loosing on anything!! its jus u and ur car against the guy next to u!!!

178hp 172 Cup
does the 182 hav an LSD and launch control??

i know how hard it is to launch a standard cup sometimes!! am think of traction!! how bad would the 182 b??

Renault Clio 182 Cup
after few minutes of reading i founded bad words and replays. we have terrorists in uk and on this forum. shame how love to own car can pull u to be animal. i reckon that fiat punto 1.0 will win that race lol

DC5
i think traction is going to be the 182s downfall off the lights.

The other way to decide it to actually go up against ur mate on this 1/3 of a mile you were planning on having a go against each other. Doesn't matter what anyone on a car forum says, proof is in the pudding

after few minutes of reading i founded bad words and replays. we have terrorists in uk and on this forum. shame how love to own car can pull u to be animal. i reckon that fiat punto 1.0 will win that race lol

^ Is that supposed to be incoherrant bullshit babble?

Forgive me if your not English though!!!

Last edited:
does the 182 hav an LSD and launch control??

i know how hard it is to launch a standard cup sometimes!! am think of traction!! how bad would the 182 b??

Will be a sack of s**t laying the power down, which is why I think it would be so close as the M3 off the line is decent. So the clio would just be playing catch up.

i think traction is going to be the 182s downfall off the lights.

The other way to decide it to actually go up against ur mate on this 1/3 of a mile you were planning on having a go against each other. Doesn't matter what anyone on a car forum says, proof is in the pudding

lmfao, I love that saying, there's a vid on youtube of someone from Yorkshire saying it, very funny!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Ill go back to my old post and try to keep this tit flinging match at bay

Of the line...M3
After 50mph the clio

Of the line...M3
After 50mph the clio

you having a laugh, my car does 60 in 4.5, clio turbo couldn't do that for the fact it wont lay any power down until late second/third surely

C63 PP,R1,,Clubman
Tbh vera's runnin 800bhp in the metro now and shed piss ur m3 ollie.

"how do you like them apples"

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Of the line...M3
After 50mph the clio

you having a laugh, my car does 60 in 4.5, clio turbo couldn't do that for the fact it wont lay any power down until late second/third surely

You wold be surprised how much grip there is on a good day at pod it's nothing like a road surface

Ollie, shoosh.

End of the day you have a CSL, so go sit in it and make brumm brumm noises. The End.

hand_wave_270.jpg

Nissan Pulsar GTiR
You drive a Pulsar GTi-R..........self ownage.
And what's that supposed to mean ? If you have something to say to me, say it.

I love people thinking I'm a tw*t so you are making me feel better about my self :D
Don't flatter yourself bub.... I don't have any opinion on you. But, if you need the reassurance, take it where you can get it.

Also, I see all these performance figures you keep throwing in for the M3 or 'your' CSL which, happen to be getting quicker with each post by the way.
You do realise you should take all the manufacturers performance figures with a pinch of salt, don't you ?!
Until I see unequivical proof of you or any stock M3 producing the times you keep spouting, I simple can't believe them.

Looking at the rest of this thread, I can see you're making friends all over. You're a bit of a keyboard warrior aren't you ?!

From your tone and the way you conduct yourself, I get the impression you're not very well educated and possibly still in your teens. With that in mind, I have a distinct feeling that CSL in your avatar isn't actually yours.... Daddy's is it ?! :dapprove:

Last edited:
Pointless thread... 290bhp/ton vs 220bhp/ton assuming it's a vanilla M3 against a 309bhp stock weight Clio. That's one hell of a difference and I'd imagine the Clio could start off in 2nd and beat it. Over 1/3 of a mile a CSL should be quicker than both due to traction.

I can happily sit side by side with an E46 boggo M3 from 50-140+, off the line I doubt it would pull that much as this one already ran a 5.7 to 60 with less power and what cant have been a great launch imo. That's with 220bhp ish, so up the power by almost 100bhp and I cant see an M3 getting near a turbo Clio... still, I know which car I'd rather have

renault clio
iv'e got a nice long stretch of dual carriage way near my house, starting off a set of lights side by side to anothert set about 1/3 of a mile a way.
my mate reckons his m3 will beat my 309bhp 182, i do not!

any views?

HOW DID YOU GET 300 BHP?

ITB'd 182...
this forum is full of keyboard warriors.
less talking and more action i think. CS should arange a day at the pod and settle all these pathetic arguments!!!!!! :nono:

E90
Fcuk the Pod, any chimp can drive fast in a straight line, this should be done somewhere with Corners, to see if people have the talent to match the mouth.

Pointless thread... 290bhp/ton vs 220bhp/ton assuming it's a vanilla M3 against a 309bhp stock weight Clio. That's one hell of a difference and I'd imagine the Clio could start off in 2nd and beat it. Over 1/3 of a mile a CSL should be quicker than both due to traction.

I can happily sit side by side with an E46 boggo M3 from 50-140+, off the line I doubt it would pull that much as this one already ran a 5.7 to 60 with less power and what cant have been a great launch imo. That's with 220bhp ish, so up the power by almost 100bhp and I cant see an M3 getting near a turbo Clio... still, I know which car I'd rather have

Although to be fair you can sit beside a Veyron, cant you? lol.

Nippy white cup
Fcuk the Pod, any chimp can drive fast in a straight line, this should be done somewhere with Corners, to see if people have the talent to match the mouth.

I agree to a point..but

1. The topic started with a 1/3 mile straight blast
2. We are trying to find out which car is faster, not who is the better driver. I passed a M3 Cab at donnington a few months back...even though he would be quick on the straights he was so slow out of the bends that the difference wasn't enough to make up...someone with balls would obviously change that.

If you have a race with the M3 I would say 50mph in third gear and you will defo pull away as traction doesn't come into it. Does the turbo have an LSD on it...Matt Black was in the 4`s 0-60 with a lot more power which would be a disadvantage to 60.

Chris

Nissan Pulsar GTiR
As above, I agree to a point.

As you've said, "any chimp can drive fast in a straight line" but, they need to get the launch right, to win the race at Santa Pod. This can be quite difficult.

The track day would definitely be more interesting though. :evil:

Although to be fair you can sit beside a Veyron, cant you? lol.

yeah, when they are parked up with nor the keys or owner in sight... but yes, oddly enough there's little difference between two cars with near identical power to weight (well, it actually favour my Clio but hey)

youngsyp said:
Also, I see all these performance figures you keep throwing in for the M3 or 'your' CSL which, happen to be getting quicker with each post by the way.
You do realise you should take all the manufacturers performance figures with a pinch of salt, don't you ?!
Until I see unequivical proof of you or any stock M3 producing the times you keep spouting, I simple can't believe them.

I can see you're making friends all over. You're a bit of a keyboard warrior aren't you ?!

I got the stats for both cars off exactly the same website so they were probs a both bit hopefully, as I usually put when copying stats. If anything they've gone up in this thread ;)

Keyboard warrior :approve: Makes me laugh, anyone that gets a bit heated over the internet is classed as a keyboard warrior, even thought some would be quite happy to tell people in person exactly the same thing.

Ollie is 20
Ah, that would explain everything.

Sure would.