ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which would win ?

182 Trophy & Megabusa
lol at this thread....

a few things....the debate is not about which car you would prefer or which would brake down first so don't bring that up.

Its not about people thinking their clios are faster than they are....some people have little plays with M3's and stuff....I have too and they edge away but they don't blow you away.

pmsl at loads of the performance figures being thrown in.

PMSL at people saying they don't know what fast is, they are stuck up their clio arses blah blah blah...I own a mildly modded trophy...its certainly nippy....I haven't done too bad against M3's before and an E46 couldn't lose me along an a road! Something has got to be significantly faster to properly pull away and M3's just don't impressively pull away below 100mph...but I have had plays with M3s and stuff but I don't blurt about it because despite what you claim i certainly do know what fast is.....i've driven my brothers 400bhp evo 6, his 415bhp evo 9.....mates have other very very fast cars....oh and my mum has a 3 litre noble. I know what fast is, and its not a clio and its not an M3.

But im not here to slate M3's, just get a point across...M3's are lovely cars (although they do all sound broken) and the CSL's are incredible but the fact of the matter is a clio with 309bhp would beat a standard M3....yes you could tune the M3 to beat everything in the world but at the moment its not tuned and it wasn'tasked whether a tuned m3 could beat a tuned clio. Tb'd clio's run low 13's and m3's run low 13's...so with almost 100bhp extra on the clio over tb's the m3 wouldn't get close.

m3's are great all rounders, handle well, drift really well and have a great reputation, so they can't be slated, but BMW drivers just have to admit that sometimes their car is not the fastest!

182 Trophy & Megabusa
oh and another thing....didn't the ktec clio (with 260bhp) recently do 0-60 in 4.3 seconds?? This gives the impression that power can be put down off the line.

so the clio is already ahead by 60...would i bet that an m3 will gain on a 300bhp clio 60-100? no!

Mountune Tractor
lol at this thread....

a few things....the debate is not about which car you would prefer or which would brake down first so don't bring that up.

Its not about people thinking their clios are faster than they are....some people have little plays with M3's and stuff....I have too and they edge away but they don't blow you away.

PMSL at people saying they don't know what fast is, they are stuck up their clio arses blah blah blah...I own a mildly modded trophy...its certainly nippy....I haven't done too bad against M3's before and an E46 couldn't lose me along an a road! Something has got to be significantly faster to properly pull away and M3's just don't impressively pull away below 100mph...but I have had plays with M3s and stuff but I don't blurt about it because despite what you claim i certainly do know what fast is.....i've driven my brothers 400bhp evo 6, his 415bhp evo 9.....mates have other very very fast cars....oh and my mum has a 3 litre noble. I know what fast is, and its not a clio and its not an M3.

But im not here to slate M3's, just get a point across...M3's are lovely cars (although they do all sound broken) and the CSL's are incredible but the fact of the matter is a clio with 309bhp would beat a standard M3....yes you could tune the M3 to beat everything in the world but at the moment its not tuned and it wasn'tasked whether a tuned m3 could beat a tuned clio. Tb'd clio's run low 13's and m3's run low 13's...so with almost 100bhp extra on the clio over tb's the m3 wouldn't get close.

m3's are great all rounders, handle well, drift really well and have a great reputation, so they can't be slated, but BMW drivers just have to admit that sometimes their car is not the fastest!

Last month I drove an aston martin DB9 - 6.0litre V12 440bhp, an incredible car in everyway you look at it especially speed..............that doesn't mean M3's are slow though does it? No. To say M3's aren't fast is f**king hilarious.

ITB'd 182...
does the thread starter actually give a toss? has he even posted a reply in this thread since things went pear shaped?
grow up lads FFS :nono:

DC5
^^ Exactly, he actually hasn't been active since he posted this thread, let alone seen the replies. It is getting a bit old now. Lets just call it a dead heat due to the M3 having the traction and then the clio catching up, until proven otherwise at the pod!

lol at this thread....

Last month I drove an aston martin DB9 - 6.0litre V12 440bhp, an incredible car in everyway you look at it especially speed..............that doesn't mean M3's are slow though does it? No. To say M3's aren't fast is f**king hilarious.

Thanks 172Boost, I read his post twice over and I was just stuck for words. I was never saying that my car was the fastest thing ever, but I don't know how anyone can say a car that does 60 in sub 5 seconds, and then the CSL that does 100 in sub 11 seconds as not fast.

Nippy white cup
Some people are so black and whites its amazing. If it is a quick car but there is something quicker then it automatically becomes a slow car lol

Chris

PMSL!! 10secs to a hundred isn't classed as fast these days......16 is though.

PMSL @ people on this forum.

Infinite Time.

ROFL

*blues background*
woof woof......
woof.. mooooooooooooooooooo
*sound of a drill*
BEEEEEEEEEEP BEEEEEEEEP
DING DONG DING DONG
zappp zappp zaappppp
*police siren*
*EXPLOSION*

I left my helicopter sounds on another disk, I'll be right back

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Some people are so black and whites its amazing. If it is a quick car but there is something quicker then it automatically becomes a slow car lol

Chris

lol. I think thats how it works. When someone slots a 2second 0-60mph engine in a Nova, the Bugatti will be considered slow too. Every day something is being bettered, but it doesnt mean the cars and engineering they supersede are any worse. Speed will always be an argument. I mean, at the end of the day, does it really matter what's faster? At the end of the race, you've lost your license and gained some respect from chav's and idiots. Nice work.
Both cars are quick, the M3 CSL is out of the box amazing, and the Clio has been tweaked to give better results. Any car can be tweaked. What if someone came on and said, "Right, you with the Clio, I have a Corsa with 600bhp, race on!" Then the argument would change completely and the M3 would be forgotten. It will never end. Engines change, tuning changes, mods change, speeds change.

P1 for the win! ;)

Tunak Tunak, Tunak Tunak, Tunak Tunak DOO DAH DAH

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!111oneoneone

Haha mint.

I recall a chap in Kent actually putting a Honda Blackbird engine in the back of a Citroen 2cv Bamboo.

Aside from the painted bamboo canes ( the reason I lusted after a bamboo so badly lolol) That would smoke most 182s on here. Everyone would be 'yeah but twisties' argument and I can guarantee that 100%

but indeed Impreza FTW

Cino over and out.

172 cup TT
Imagine if it was ****THE**** 172 cup though??...

If "The clio cup" was a man it would be ten foot tall, weigh two-tons, breathes fire, could eat a hammer, take a shotgun blast standing, have 72 pairs of chromosomes instead of 23... AND they would all be poisonous

x

182 Trophy & Megabusa

Thanks 172Boost, I read his post twice over and I was just stuck for words. I was never saying that my car was the fastest thing ever, but I don't know how anyone can say a car that does 60 in sub 5 seconds, and then the CSL that does 100 in sub 11 seconds as not fast.

you have both totally missed the point of my post.

I was pointing out that relative to other things an M3 is not fast, i wouldn't have felt the need to but people earlier in this thread were saying something along the lines of...'you clio boys are diluded, you don't know what fast is so how can you post your opinion in this thread...drive an m3 then you will know what fast is'.

So you have driven a 440bhp Aston Martin...are going to get into an M3 and go wow this is fast? No! I was pointing out in my post (due to some stupid comments) that alot of do know what fast is, and that an M3 and a clio are slow compared to alot of things about...of course i wouldn't say an m3 is a slow car.