ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which would win ?

clio 182 turbo
iv'e got a nice long stretch of dual carriage way near my house, starting off a set of lights side by side to anothert set about 1/3 of a mile a way.
my mate reckons his m3 will beat my 309bhp 182, i do not!

any views?

ST170
If you genuinely have 309bhp and the m3 is standard you should take him. He'll probably have the edge at the start (rwd) but from then on I'd imagine you'd take him.

Various
Over 1/3 mile the M3 (better traction)

Over 1/2+ mile the clio (assuming you do actually have 309bhp) And assuming you have altered your gearing to suit.

APR LCR225
Id give it a rolling start if i was you, or you may end up with your gearbox in bits. My mate shaun had a 182 turbo running 320bhp and he was very careful with it in 1st, second was abit of a handful even with an lsd! Rolling you shouldnt have many problems i dont think.

Mountune Tractor
Lol at everyone thinking he would get raped!
I'm not sure who would win but I'd stick my money on the clio.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
By the end of a 1/3 mile you should be doing over 120mph...so I'd put my money on the 182 turbo.....as long as you don't launch in the chav style

the clio will kill it my 1.4 dynamique 16v just about stays with an m3 . THe bloke I was racing pulled over at the lights and was amazed at my car.

I actually want to play with one of these 1*2 turbos as there have been quite a few people mentioning them against M3s.

I predict as what has already been said, by the time the clio has got traction and can lay the power down the m3 will already be gone.

Also as said, I know which I'd rather have ;)

the clio will kill it my 1.4 dynamique 16v just about stays with an m3 . THe bloke I was racing pulled over at the lights and was amazed at my car.

:rolleyes:

Nissan Pulsar GTiR
What sort of torque is your Clio making ?

My Pulsar is putting out 318 bhp and 293 lb's/ft of torque and I can out drag M3's (E36 and E46) fairly easily.

Bearing in mind the Pulsar is around 120 kgs ?! heavier than your Clio and, I have 4x4 transmission loss, you should out drag him fairly convincingly !

182 Trophy & Megabusa
depends on what race it is.

on a short stretch from standing the m3 may win...depends how you launch...do you have omex launch control or anything.

on a long race or any rolling start with over 300bhp you would kill him.

m3's aren't as fast as people think!

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Think my money would be on the clio, but depends on the skill of the driver.

I mean what are the BHP per tonne figures looking like? the clio must be close to 260/270 bhp per tonne and im guessing the M3 must be less??

Mk4 .:R32
Yeah, you sent me a pic on msn the other night

mt1107623537.jpg