ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which would win ?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Off the line the M3 would pull away,but in a straight line race with 309 bhp(if thats true)i doubt very much if an M3 would keep with a lightweight car with that much power.

But lets see if the car does have a genuine 309.Im sure matt black will testify how fast these cars are with big power

Mondeo TDCI 130
iv'e got a nice long stretch of dual carriage way near my house, starting off a set of lights side by side to anothert set about 1/3 of a mile a way.
my mate reckons his m3 will beat my 309bhp 182, i do not!

any views?

my view is, a clio with 309bhp will break down before you finish, M3 wins by default!, i would sell it and get a 1.4 16v, as obviously there not much different pace wise.....:rolleyes:

Renault Clio 182 Cup
this topic shows u how people are jealous about own cars...lets get someone to do new tread and we will find out soon who has won

APR LCR225
This has turned rediculous! Can people not accept that a clio is probably faster in some situations than an m3?? Course it aint gonna last as long but if he has got one, he will understand it will probably need to be rebuilt at some point.

I recall the jesus mentioned keeping with m3s in a previous thread running 240bhp on bodies. Its a very light car for power like that!

As for the car not producing 309 bhp, i can assure you it does. Shaun had the 2 rr prints in the car when i was in it. And the boost is running slightly higher now. It has one hell of a spec and cost ALOT of money to build..

535d / t5 caravelle
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, now let me think??????????????????????????? original question which would win??????????????????????/

309bhp in a clio, have a nice day bm!!!!!!!!!! clio will waste it, these bm's are not untouchable, obviously they are a far superior car, but that is not what is being asked!

i have a mate with an astra mk2 turbo probably running around 280/300bhp, and it destroys m3's, runs 12.6 1/4's!

what does an m3 run up the strip? 13's?

Lol at this thread.

Yeah it will be faster, but not 'that' much faster.

To do the whole 'speeded up Nightrider' into the distance act, you need vastly more power.

N

naX

have you seen the supercharged saxo vs m3 on youtube. saxo just about wins and thats a 1.6. not sure what the saxo bhp was running.

Nissan Pulsar GTiR
This has turned rediculous! Can people not accept that a clio is probably faster in some situations than an m3?? Course it aint gonna last as long but if he has got one, he will understand it will probably need to be rebuilt at some point.

I recall the jesus mentioned keeping with m3s in a previous thread running 240bhp on bodies. Its a very light car for power like that!

As for the car not producing 309 bhp, i can assure you it does. Shaun had the 2 rr prints in the car when i was in it. And the boost is running slightly higher now. It has one hell of a spec and cost ALOT of money to build..
It's always the same. When someone with a <£13k car says they can (insert whatever it can do better/faster/quicker here) than someone who's spent >£40k on their car, egos and pride take over.
Simple physics speak for themselves. The '309' bhp clio will out drag the M3, E30, E36 or E46 derivative, once rolling.
Off the line, the M3 will have the advantage, if the Clio owner can't launch their car, and the M3 owner can. If the M3 owner can't launch their car, it will be closer. Once the Clio gets traction though, it will reel the M3 in.

As has been said numerous times, in 'real life', with everyday drivers, on everyday roads M3's simply aren't that quick.
With the right driver and the right conditions, of course they're very competent but, how many M3's actually have talented drivers.... truthfully ?

At the end of the day, teh only way to know is to go out and do it. So, you both better get down to Santa Pod hadn't you ?! ;)

I lose all credibility when I talk to someone who keen on going fast in a straight line. the e30 M3 is talked about now as possibly the greatest car ever made and its been 16 years since it was finished being made will your charver wagon be talked about in any other terms but scrap value in 16 years?

lol at competent, the m3 is a drivers car, set up by professional engineers who know what they are doing. The car is as far removed from the clio in terms of chassis quality, development and refinement. I'd bet everything I own that the car would out pace it at any track, any time with like for like drivers. Oh I'd take the uber slow (compared to a 309bhp clio) e30 m3 10 times out of ten, purely because its a better car, its nothing to do with you being faster.

At the end of the day if you could afford an m3 you'd have one simple. Its normally jealously and small penises that make people build shopping trolleys into monsters. You saying you'd rather a clio than an m3, is that what your really telling me. Purrrrlease

That is all.

Nissan Pulsar GTiR
I lose all credibility when I talk to someone who keen on going fast in a straight line. the e30 M3 is talked about now as possibly the greatest car ever made and its been 16 years since it was finished being made will your charver wagon be talked about in any other terms but scrap value in 16 years?

lol at competent, the m3 is a drivers car, set up by professional engineers who know what they are doing. The car is as far removed from the clio in terms of chassis quality, development and refinement. I'd bet everything I own that the car would out pace it at any track, any time with like for like drivers. Oh I'd take the uber slow (compared to a 309bhp clio) e30 m3 10 times out of ten, purely because its a better car, its nothing to do with you being faster.

At the end of the day if you could afford an m3 you'd have one simple. Its normally jealously and small penises that make people build shopping trolleys into monsters. You saying you'd rather a clio than an m3, is that what your really telling me. Purrrrlease

That is all.
And here is my case in point !

Firstly, in what circles is the E30 M3 talked about as the greatest car ever made ? A very small minded one I'd expect.

Secondly, "charver wagon" ???????

Thirdly, I'd agree, the M3 is a drivers car. Whether it is set up by "professional engineers" or, if you're ever likely to see a competent driver behind the wheel of one, I can't agree with.

Furthermore, who are you to question if I could afford an M3 or not ? And then tell me that I'd "have one" if I could ?! You know absolutely nothing about me or my financial situation and I think your speculation is plain vulgar. I take it that's another trait you must demonstrate, in order to own an M3 ?!
For your information however, I'd own an Audi RS4 over an M3 any day of the week. I simply don't like the stigma attached to M3 drivers ! ;)

And, why would I or anyone else need to be jealous of anything, to partake in my passion of cars ? I look at it as individuality.
Is the M3 that far removed from the base 316 "shopping trolley" ? I think not.

As you seem to be completely ignorant of the facts, Nissan had to build by car so that they could compete with said car in the world rally championship. I don't think you can get much more purpose built for performance than that. Do you ?

Well done for showing how juvenile you can be by bring penis size into a discussion ? You're quite simple aren't you. :rolleyes:

Lastly, I didn't say I'd rather have a Clio than an M3. To be completely honest, I'd have any car over an M3 if it means I have to behave like you !

If you don't like Clio's that much, why are you a member of Cliosport ?

No most proper drivers will acknowledge the e30 m3 as one of the best cars ever made.

It would wipe the floor of you round a track lol. Even with 100bhp less.

W

wickedbitch

never had the pleasure of driving a m3 but my hubby loves em and got to say it is a sexy car, would like to see the race myself.

You drive a Pulsar GTi-R..........self ownage.

I love people thinking I'm a t**t so you are making me feel better about my self :D

178hp 172 Cup
this post has gone too far from the original question aksed!! what would b quicker in a drag!!! its not about who has brought a £14k car and who has brought a £40k car!! i am sure the clio owner couldn't give a damn tbh!! he jus wanted to knwo if his 300bhp clio would b as fast as a m3 in a drag race?? simple!!!

oh and if i had £40k i wouldn't hav brought an M3!! an Rs4 would be my prefered choice!! but then again i could save £12k or more and buy an Evo9 FQ340 and piss all over ur M3 with the £12k spare on tuning!! 400+hp please!! Thank You

If you had read the full thread people were talking about keeping up with M3s in their standard cars... Thats what I was getting at mainly, and then about the clio getting the power down.

60k car btw.

Last edited:
  178hp 172 Cup
60k car btw.

thought u might add that!! lol

i was not talkin about the CSL!!! however i know u hav one and very good they are indeed!!

everyone in their right mind knows that a standard 172 / 182 would get hammered by a E46 M3!!! but i am only saying that the thread has gone a lil off topic!!!

oh, and am i really a C**T for rather having something other than an M3??

60k car btw.

thought u might add that!! lol

i was not talkin about the CSL!!! however i know u hav one and very good they are indeed!!

everyone in their right mind knows that a standard 172 / 182 would get hammered by a E46 M3!!! but i am only saying that the thread has gone a lil off topic!!!

oh, and am i really a C**T for rather having something other than an M3??

No that's why I edited it and removed it :)

Just makes me laugh the amount of times I've seen people saying that M3s aren't as quick as people think, and also when people say they have kept up with them.

:)

178hp 172 Cup
i hav been in M3's are they are a quick car but not unbaetable on the road!! i hav been in quicker cars!! friends of mine hav 400bhp Evo's, 500bhp Evos, 700bhp Liners etc!!!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
e36 onward non cab m3's are quick......but they would get spanked by a genuine 309bhp clio 182.

Power to weight ....

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
this post has gone too far from the original question aksed!! what would b quicker in a drag!!! its not about who has brought a £14k car and who has brought a £40k car!! i am sure the clio owner couldn't give a damn tbh!! he jus wanted to knwo if his 300bhp clio would b as fast as a m3 in a drag race?? simple!!!

oh and if i had £40k i wouldn't hav brought an M3!! an Rs4 would be my prefered choice!! but then again i could save £12k or more and buy an Evo9 FQ340 and piss all over ur M3 with the £12k spare on tuning!! 400+hp please!! Thank You

complete agree.;)

Not every one want a pikey spec interior and the associated image that goes with an Evo.

Argument is stupid, why not spend 1K on a 2cv and the 39k putting twin Honda Blackbird engines in the back.

i hav been in M3's are they are a quick car but not unbaetable on the road!! i hav been in quicker cars!! friends of mine hav 400bhp Evo's, 500bhp Evos, 700bhp Liners etc!!!

All modded though... I would mod mine and make it quicker...

e36 onward non cab m3's are quick......but they would get spanked by a genuine 309bhp clio 182.

Power to weight ....

No action with no traction.

13th of october down pod, end of!! what do m3 csl`s run??

Dunno what I'm doing, mates back just before the 13 from Kenya so most likely gonna be out on the lash because I wont have seen him for months.

If you had read the full thread people were talking about keeping up with M3s in their standard cars... Thats what I was getting at mainly, and then about the clio getting the power down.

60k car btw.

60k?? lol bummed

He gave the new price of the clio, and the new prive of a CSL was 60k

how was i bummed?

wanker

172 cup
All modded though... I would mod mine and make it quicker...

Power to weight ....

No action with no traction.

Dunno what I'm doing, mates back just before the 13 from Kenya so most likely gonna be out on the lash because I wont have seen him for months.

60k car btw.

60k?? lol bummed

He gave the new price of the clio, and the new prive of a CSL was 60k

how was i bummed?

w**ker

Your the wanker mate, Mr my car was 60k im better than you. M3 is the drug dealers choice car round here and i wouldn't want one if i had the money.

Im so glad it was 60k brand new i really am, the 300+ bhp clio would tear you a new one.

hahaha

Tear me a new one. f**king go to school you wanker if it would beat me it wouldn't beat me by far, and then the clio would max the gearbox out and I'd carry on pulling to 190.

I still have the better car out the two, and you blatantly would choice my car over the clio turbo, so stop lying to yourself.

Who gives a s**t if its a drug dealers car.

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup

put it this way, going off your mods in the other thread of yours, you wont beat me.

not being funny mate but where in this thead hav i said i`d beat u....i haven`t!!:mad:, i meant you n the turbo 182! if you wanna race, me mates RX7 wud eat u for breakfast (650bhp runs 10.57 down pod!!) yes i know its modded but he`s spend alot less on that than u brought the csl for ;).

put it this way, going off your mods in the other thread of yours, you wont beat me.

not being funny mate but where in this thead hav i said i`d beat u....i haven`t!!:mad:, i meant you n the turbo 182! if you wanna race, me mates RX7 wud eat u for breakfast (650bhp runs 10.57 down pod!!) yes i know its modded but he`s spend alot less on that than u brought the csl for ;).

I did say you're other thread, as in your GDI thread.

SHOULD I MOD MY M3 AND THEN RIP YOUR SCATTY MATES RX7.

are you f**king thick.

one of the reasons i bought the csl is because its classy, unlike an 1990s jap car.

Does your mate pay you to lick his arse?