ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which would win ?

Mk4 .:R32
FLOL.

Here's me in the car:
673mxw3.gif

pmsl. nice ride Ollie. Suspension must take a battering. By the way, I'm pretty sure your santa clause

lmao at that pic, quality :approve:

I would like to see a turbo clio against a turbo m3 :approve:

CYAAAAAAAAAAAAA LATERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Mk4 .:R32
I've seen you car when I've been around manchester ollie, I'm pretty sure its an E36 with a DIY bodykit

moron9999999998.jpg

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
which model m3 are we talking about cause the older 1`s wud weigh less (less computers n s**t) i personnel fink the clio will win but not on a standing start, if the 182 turbo is stripped then ur lookin at roughly 290 bhp/tonne, more than the m3 wud make.

APR LCR225
You dont need to stip it, trust me..lol! its plenty bloody quick.

M3 would def be better off the mark and is def the better car overall without any doubt. The clio is just such a sleeper, totally different thing.

Ive been in both ollies car and an m3 (it was 4 up mind) and id definitely say the clio felt a bit quicker, maybe due to the wave of boost, i dont know, Its nicely set up that car, very progressive...

BG 182
To start with the M3 will have you.. but gradually I reckon the 182 will pull it back and overtake..

Renault Clio 182 Cup
m3's aren't as fast as people think! that is well said!

182 with turbo having arround 310bhp is gonna kill m3 even that brand new 414bhp. if i can run with m3 (i have 182CUP)obviously i will not win so 182turbo will do it with finger in the a55. i tried ones with m3 and he was really suprised that hardly beat me. bad driver?or m3 isn't as fast as people think.

Dont worry mate you will eat him for the lunch. you propably can beat m5, m6, porsches and many many more supercars.

what is your note to 100mph? 14s like 182CUP?;)

ST170
It takes more than 14s to get to 100 in a 182 cup! Also, an m3 'hardly' beating you? Should be comfortably faster.

Shut the f**k up, people saying "M3s aren't as quick as you think" have blatantly never been in one. Anything that can do 60 in sub 5 seconds STANDARD is pretty f**king quick in my book.

And about the M3 not beating you bar far in your stardard 1*2, get real. A standard 1*2 to 100 is what, 16.8? Well a normal M3 will do 100 in 11.69, so thats a fair bit of difference IMO.

Moving on to another comment about the M3 winning off the line, then the clio catching it, the next step is the clio maxing out the gearbox and then the M3 will be back for another punch.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
As Ollie said.

I think that Lego(pecker)head said his 182 turbo does 0-60 in about 5 or so seconds.

You just can't get traction for high power in a FWD car. Once rolling it's playing catch up, which is going to be hard enough against an M3. As the speeds climb and traction becomes less of an issue, aero dynamics will become more. The M3 has a drag coef of 0.3. The Clio is 0.35. That's a big difference, and again, Clio gearbox is good for 140 ? Maybe a bit more with a higher limiter. M3's will go on to 170 and a bit. CSL can do 190;)

As Ollie said.

I think that Lego(pecker)head said his 182 turbo does 0-60 in about 5 or so seconds.

You just can't get traction for high power in a FWD car. Once rolling it's playing catch up, which is going to be hard enough against an M3. As the speeds climb and traction becomes less of an issue, aero dynamics will become more. The M3 has a drag coef of 0.3. The Clio is 0.35. That's a big difference, and again, Clio gearbox is good for 140 ? Maybe a bit more with a higher limiter. M3's will go on to 170 and a bit. CSL can do 190;)

Sure can ;)

Monaco 172 2/468
As Ollie said.

Sure can ;)

Not with your webbed feet :D xx

Mustang, S13, AX GT
As Ollie said.

I was just about to say, if anything once rolling the M3 has an advantage in terms of limits of aerodynamics/gearbox/engine etc. A turbo clio will be quick, esp with acceleration but it would not p*ss an M3 (it hurts to say that considering I dislike M3s...:rasp:).

Last edited:
  Mustang, S13, AX GT
coz its well fast. They are good cars but all chavs aspire to own 1, and all the posers do. yours is ok for being a CSL, almost ;)

VRS
i would say from a standing start the m3 would be away before you get traction, from a rolling start it would be interesting to see the result

Shut the f**k up, people saying "M3s aren't as quick as you think" have blatantly never been in one. Anything that can do 60 in sub 5 seconds STANDARD is pretty f**king quick in my book.

And about the M3 not beating you bar far in your stardard 1*2, get real. A standard 1*2 to 100 is what, 16.8? Well a normal M3 will do 100 in 11.69, so thats a fair bit of difference IMO.

Moving on to another comment about the M3 winning off the line, then the clio catching it, the next step is the clio maxing out the gearbox and then the M3 will be back for another punch.

ive deffo got to agree with you ollie, i think a lot of people with standard 1*2's claiming to have kept up with and beaten m3's must have been racing m3's driven by muppets who cant drive for shite, an m3 pulled out on me the other day when i was doing 60ish on a straight, i eased off ready to flash my lights and give him some abuse but he was gone before i had chance lol, he floored it from the off and i struggled to keep up even though i was doing around 50 ish when he pulled out and i had planted it to keep up lol :D it was rapid as fook

andy

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Hehe that happened with one of the managers at work, he's northern (bad tempered) and was driving down a section of dual carriageway with him, there was only 1 lane open and an M3 was on the hard shoulder, it pulled out and this guy started cussing etc. But I just saw the boot squat and it was off.

172 cup TT
couldnt be arsed reading more than the first 2 pages but crikey, load of M3 fanboys here or what... M3s are amazing machines but sorry, a far lighter hatchback with 309brake would considerably pwn an M3 doesnt matter which mark it was (once rolling of course!!).. hell, a 250bhp mk3 ibiza cupra can pull past them and they're heavier with less power than this "uber" clio..

MERCEDES CLS AMG
the clio will kill it my 1.4 dynamique 16v just about stays with an m3 . THe bloke I was racing pulled over at the lights and was amazed at my car.

What the f**k is going on in this thread - i have not read so much bullshit in my life

172 cup TT
309 BHP 182 ?? i dont believe that

Proof ??

rolling road slip ??

Ive always been amazed when i hear of these things, especially the box and how it doesnt just die after a week...isnt it at its limit at 200?.. actually cant the box be "strenghtened" for £400ish though?

MERCEDES CLS AMG
JC5 130 in the 182 is at its limit at 182 bhp - i chewed them up at 250 bhp in my clio running gas. Thats why i decided to go VAG power when i wanted to run in excess of 400 bhp. Renault boxes and engines cant cope above 250bhp nevermind 300 bhp

Clio 197 (in black)
Lol. there are some deluded fanboys on this thread.

I am regularly in my colleague's E46 M3 Coupe and it is a blisteringly fast car with fantastic handling - even better now the suspension has been modified.

I tried to follow it in my 197 just the other night and the M3 just kept pulling away... Effortlessly....

Mk2 V6
That sounds like a seriously quick Clio you've got. When I've pitched my V6 against M3s they're neck & neck up to a ton. Forget manufacturer's 0-60 times, because in reality you'll struggle to do them. Launch is everything.

Thumbs up for your Clio, good luck.

couldnt be arsed reading more than the first 2 pages but crikey, load of M3 fanboys here or what... M3s are amazing machines but sorry, a far lighter hatchback with 309brake would considerably pwn an M3 doesnt matter which mark it was (once rolling of course!!).. hell, a 250bhp mk3 ibiza cupra can pull past them and they're heavier with less power than this "uber" clio..
:rolleyes: Get out ma grill.
309 BHP 182 ?? i dont believe that

Proof ??

rolling road slip ??

RRed at LAD