ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

West Mids CSS attendance and convoy thread - Sat 22nd June

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
It's got the same intermittent starting issue it had before the alternator was replaced,
I need to get the battery drop tested to see if it's holding it's charge, or freaking out under load.

Sadly I can't afford a new battery at the moment, so whatever the drop test shows up,
I still can't do anything about it.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
It's got the same intermittent starting issue it had before the alternator was replaced,
I need to get the battery drop tested to see if it's holding it's charge, or freaking out under load.

Sadly I can't afford a new battery at the moment, so whatever the drop test shows up,
I still can't do anything about it.

Did I not see that you'd not used the car for a couple days and it started fine then after a trip to the petrol station it wouldn't start. Few times later it did?
Wouldn't have thought that was battery related? Starter motor maybe? Possibly a faulty/loose connection to it or somewhere else?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah there's no pattern to it not starting,
this morning it started first time when I took the dog out,
but when I got back into the car an hour later it took about 8 key turns to get it started.

It does the relay clicking thing with all the warning lights on,
it'll do that for a few key turns, it sometimes makes flat battery noises like it's trying to start,
then it'll fire up perfectly out of the blue.

I replaced the starter motor before the alternator was changed,
​and I tested both of them and the new one span a lot quicker and stronger than the old one.

Countryman JCW
Il be coming along if my car is back in time (which it should be). Be good to meet some of you!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
old crap out new crap in this weekend. the sound of a working (better fukin do ) derv.

new drivers side brake caliper aswell.

MONEYPITS

/ rant

Yeah there's no pattern to it not starting,
this morning it started first time when I took the dog out,
but when I got back into the car an hour later it took about 8 key turns to get it started.

It does the relay clicking thing with all the warning lights on,
it'll do that for a few key turns, it sometimes makes flat battery noises like it's trying to start,
then it'll fire up perfectly out of the blue.

I replaced the starter motor before the alternator was changed,
​and I tested both of them and the new one span a lot quicker and stronger than the old one.

Mine used to do this Dave!!

I opened the fuse/relay box in the engine bay and removed every relay and fuse one by one and cleaned the connections on them as some had gone green..

Touch wood it has not happened since just before the RRday in march.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Well I know what i'll be doing tomorrow then.

i know it sounds daft but after you've done that, spray some wd40 around or smear a tiny tiny bit of vasilen ( sp ) n the relay pins.

batter off when you do it, unless you want something managment wise going f**k up

i know it sounds daft but after you've done that, spray some wd40 around or smear a tiny tiny bit of vasilen ( sp ) n the relay pins.

batter off when you do it, unless you want something managment wise going f**k up

Yep wd40 the connections. I did write it in my original post but phone fail:(

Are the tickets supposed to be here yet? I Bought mine a few weeks ago but I've not seen anything through the post yet. IIRC, the website said they'd take ~3 days.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Are the tickets supposed to be here yet? I Bought mine a few weeks ago but I've not seen anything through the post yet. IIRC, the website said they'd take ~3 days.

Give Brian and Nik a chance. They do it in one go so as not to be taking time doing it every night and then once the big influx of orders come in they are doing it most days.

They will be through your door about 3 weeks before the event (otherwise some people would end up losing them!!!)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
actually think i will make it in one peice now ! altho its now slower than before :(

buying my tickets on the entrance aswell as i will lose them otherwise

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Last day for purchasing tickets in advance will be in two weeks time. If you've not already purchased them...it works out £3 cheaper when bought in advance.

192'd BG 182 FF
1. Don
2. Mandy (Maybe)
3. DaveDreads
4. Addicted
5. Adam Bond
6. HMS Derv Destroyer
7. Cazzy
8. Mr. Bean
9. Matthew
​10. alexr19
11. cswalmsley
12. Dan@M.A.D (Maybe)
13. Tom C
​14. TomGarvie
15. Lee P

Where is the meeting spot for the start of this?
Cheers

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
1. Don
2. Mandy (Maybe)
3. DaveDreads
4. Addicted
5. Adam Bond
6. HMS Derv Destroyer
7. Cazzy
8. Mr. Bean
9. Matthew
​10. alexr19
11. cswalmsley
12. Dan@M.A.D (Maybe)
13. Tom C
​14. TomGarvie
15. Lee P

Where is the meeting spot for the start of this?
Cheers

I am going to suggest that the main meeting point is Corley Services on M6. If you guys/girls want to meet in smaller convoys to eventually meet at Corley...then even better.

1. Don
2. Mandy (Maybe)
3. DaveDreads
4. Addicted
5. Adam Bond
6. HMS Derv Destroyer
7. Cazzy
8. Mr. Bean
9. Matthew
​10. alexr19
11. cswalmsley
12. Dan@M.A.D (Maybe)
13. Tom C
​14. TomGarvie
15. Lee P
16.Renault Wolverhampton (please dont leave without me as i'll be in a different car!!!)

Suzuki Jimny
1. Don
2. Mandy (Maybe)
3. DaveDreads
4. Addicted
5. Adam Bond
6. HMS Derv Destroyer
7. Cazzy
8. Mr. Bean
9. Matthew
​10. alexr19
11. cswalmsley
12. Dan@M.A.D (Maybe)
13. Tom C
​14. TomGarvie
15. Lee P
16. Renault Wolverhampton (please dont leave without me as i'll be in a different car!!!)
17. Matt W

(If it's ok for the welsh to tag along ;))

RB 182 Cup
1. Don
2. Mandy (Maybe)
3. DaveDreads
4. Addicted
5. Adam Bond
6. HMS Derv Destroyer
7. Cazzy
8. Mr. Bean
9. Matthew
​10. alexr19
11. cswalmsley
12. Dan@M.A.D (Maybe)
13. Tom C
​14. TomGarvie
15. Lee P
16. Renault Wolverhampton (please dont leave without me as i'll be in a different car!!!)
17. Matt W
18. nick's

192'd BG 182 FF
Corley services is fine what time we thinking? If anyone is coming from worcestershire way i'll be happy to meet up closer and convoy to corley!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
(If it's ok for the welsh to tag along ;))
[/COLOR][/INDENT]

Matt...how long have we known each other...back to the Coupe Club days when you came to Cosford and with 2 wheels of each colour. Of course you're welcome mate. :approve:

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Corley services is fine what time we thinking? If anyone is coming from worcestershire way i'll be happy to meet up closer and convoy to corley!

Lee, I dont know yet as trying to arrange it with the North West lads so bear with me. Times will be sorted in the next week mate.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
i'll ask work if i can do a 10- 6 then. that any easier to get in the convoy ?

Yeah mate. I want to be able to have a steady drive over to Cambridge. Its M6, M1, then across to A1 (M) so is a bit of a trek compared to Gaydon. So will leave around 8 I would have said from the top of my head...

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
The East Mids and Yorkshire convoy will be going down the A14, could speak to them and see about getting a really big convoy going?