ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Sport Saturday 2013 Convoy Thread

BG 182 FF
CSS2013
This year's CSS is going to be held at Duxford Imperial War Museum on the 22nd June 2013.

Everybody loves a good convoy, motorway congested with Clios..

There seems to be loads of convoy threads and it's a little bit disorganized, so I've decided to post one that has specifics on it, and hopefully get everybody organized and everything kept in the same place.

Here is the plan for Hampshire, South Central:

Meeting at 6:00am at Asda Eastleigh (SO53 3YJ) to leave for 6:15am
  1. Dubby
Meeting at 7:00am at Fleet Services (GU51 1AA) to leave for 7:15am
  1. Dubby

Then we will be at Thurrock Services for 8:30am where we meet the South East convoy- details posted here

Here is the plan for Oxford, South Central:
*Please confirm if this group will also be meeting in at Thurrock Services*

172 cup
I tihnk charlie was organising the oxford convoy, dont know if he will now though.

c'mon charlie pull your finger out and get off that photoshop ;)

Last edited:
  PH2 Flamer
I'd rather be there for half 10. Am sure we can sort something mate. Even if just me and you meet a load at services somewhere. Or turn up in a 2 car convoy lol.

172 cup
I got a simular response from the m4 convoy- nothing! So decided I am more than likely to go the 'wrong' way round the m25 and join the massive essex meet. Works out about 25 miles more from the m4 so not a great deal.

Trophy #491
I cant be arsed to dive away from the meet lol... Hopefully we will be able to get some people together.

172 cup
I'd rather get there early also.

Just looking at other convoys to see if any pass our way that we could join so will post my findings if poss.

PH2 Flamer
Good man. Surely some people will be passing the a34 via the m4, or m40 passing Wheatley.

Either end we can jump on.

172 cup
http://binged.it/12WsJW4 Bicester to duxford http://binged.it/10Hk2kr oxford to duxford

Just had a look and cant see any going near our way :( a lot of the Hampshire lot seem to be off to le mans.

The next closet convoy I think is the Bedford one which when I did a route plan (above) shows that going through Bedford is best bet. if any of the oxfordshire lot are up for this or know of another convoy we could join then we need to get something sorted lol

PH2 Flamer
Just posted in the CSS13 thread, see if there is any convoy passing us.

If not, we can just claw as many of us as possible together.

Not sure if cazzy and her fella are coming? Tomtbambam or whatever his user name is, was there last year. He is Banbury.

Think I'm bringing StephenJ too, haven't heard from him recently though.

172 cup
Cool hopefully is a convoy going past.

Yeah don't think there is many of us that are going hopefully a few more will pop up, I think cazzy is coming from the west mids as I just looked at that thread but they aint putting no details of which way they're going to head to Duxford.

I'll be up for your Oxford Convoy as it's closest to me as well.

Are you planning to go to the big meet before Duxford?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
http://binged.it/12WsJW4 Bicester to duxford http://binged.it/10Hk2kr oxford to duxford

Just had a look and cant see any going near our way :( a lot of the Hampshire lot seem to be off to le mans.

The next closet convoy I think is the Bedford one which when I did a route plan (above) shows that going through Bedford is best bet. if any of the oxfordshire lot are up for this or know of another convoy we could join then we need to get something sorted lol

Yep. Most of the south central members that actually live down south are off to Le Mans. Silly weekend to have CSS TBH.

I meant the convoy at Bishop's Stortford who are the south east/Essex, I think there was about 40-50 cars in that one last time I checked!

PH2 Flamer
Could be a plan, providing its not a huge detour.

I'm away on holiday from Thursday this week until the Tuesday before CSS. So whatever gets planned between us south lot, just count me in.

Yeah its not a massive detour like thurrock would be lol. Alright hopefully we'll get something organised and we'll be good to go!

Off somewhere nice on holiday are ya?

PH2 Flamer
Yeah its not a massive detour like thurrock would be lol. Alright hopefully we'll get something organised and we'll be good to go!

Off somewhere nice on holiday are ya?

Well, turkey. Lol.

Nice weather, not such a nice place at the moment though is it.

Even if us few meet up somewhere in Oxfordshire, then just head down together and aim to catch up another convoy somewhere.

I'm game for whatever tbh. As long as I'm not turning up a loner, it's all good.

Snap! Lol im going there too next month. Which part you going to?

I'll try to get as many people as like you said in oxfordshire then head off and the guys from this thread http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?677733-CS-Saturday-13-Convoy-(Essex-South-East) are stopping off at Bishop's Stortford for breakfast at about 10.20 which is quite close to Duxford so a tiny detour and we'll join the bandwagon of 50+ cars he rest of the journey which will be a special sight haha

PH2 Flamer
Yeah sounds like a really good plan mate.

I'm staying at the BAIA Bodrum hotel. (In bodrum lol).

Premier all inclusive.

When you go, don't forget a fresh £10 note for your visa when you get to turkey.

I didn't know about it until James from S&MWM told me.

PH2 Flamer
Yeah mate that's fine. Will have to sort out a time etc when we know what time is Oxford lot are meeting. I'd imagine before 8.

Yeah definitely gotta be in the mahussive convoy into Duxford! Well if we decide a place for you oxford guys to meet then i might as well meet you further up cos it seems a bit pointless going all the way towards Oxford to go back on myself

PH2 Flamer
If some one from Oxford area could drop me a pm with details of meeting location, it would be great.

I'm just on route to gatwick, so probably won't be on here much until Monday 17th.

Cheers.

Megane 225
If anybody is going past Grantham on their way. There is a couple of us meeting at McDonald's in the morning if anyone fancies meeting us and going down together. PM me

Niall

Clio 1.4 Dynamique S
If anyone is coming from the Portsmouth/Waterlooville/Petersfield area and wants to convoy / jump in with me, feel free... I'm meeting with the SouthEast lot at Thurrock which is easier for me tbh.

Right lets get a list together of peeps hoping to be in the convoy from oxford way to most probably thurrock services now so we can rally up with the others. Once we know who wants to join from surrounding areas then we can decide the best place to meet before heading to thurrock I'll start the list and Feates172 said he'll be joining so:

1. Paskov
2. Feates172

PH2 Flamer
I think StephenJ is coming with me too

s**t I've got to work until 4am Saturday morning!

Stephen....you can drive