ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

Got a issue with mine, switched it one this morning and the screen is being weird. It's go lines appear every time you move or scroll even on the home screen. I've got a video.

Tried resetting it, hard reset, tried pretty much everything to no avail :(

SQ5
Got a issue with mine, switched it one this morning and the screen is being weird. It's go lines appear every time you move or scroll even on the home screen. I've got a video.

Tried resetting it, hard reset, tried pretty much everything to no avail :(

Try a different HDMI or Input and see what happens.

I did switch HDMI ports but still the same, i'am going to try another cable after work and see what happens, when i was playing around with the settings i changed it to something called DVI i think it was called that, went to 480p which played fine apart from the cruddy graphics and no sound. lol.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
I was going to buy an iPhone 6S but decided to keep my 5S and use the potential funds (and save myself £250 on the process) to buy an Xbox One following peer pressure from my mates. Hardly play my 360 nowadays apart from FIFA and GTA, but after playing on my mate's one on Saturday and everyone else having them I've took the plunge. I've ordered a console and FIFA 16 bundle from Amazon for £297. Xbox comes on Wednesday and I can then download FIFA next week.

A couple of questions:

1) I assume that Netflix/iPlayer etc are all downloadble apps? Do they work without Gold membership?
2) How strong is the console? Bascially I have got my TV (23" so not too heavy) on top of my Sky box (one of the new HD but not Sky+ boxes, so again not heavy) on top of my 360 at the moment, mainly due to space issues but also to give the TV some extra height. Will this same setup be okay for the Xbox One? Or would it be better to have it to the side?

SQ5
I'd be worried about heat soak having a sky box on top of it, or any equipment stacked to be honest. I'd recommend buying a small cabinet from ikea for £20 and putting equipment on a shelf in that, also giving you some height. Thinks it's the besta range?

Honda. Tesla Someday
I was going to buy an iPhone 6S but decided to keep my 5S and use the potential funds (and save myself £250 on the process) to buy an Xbox One following peer pressure from my mates. Hardly play my 360 nowadays apart from FIFA and GTA, but after playing on my mate's one on Saturday and everyone else having them I've took the plunge. I've ordered a console and FIFA 16 bundle from Amazon for £297. Xbox comes on Wednesday and I can then download FIFA next week.

A couple of questions:

1) I assume that Netflix/iPlayer etc are all downloadble apps? Do they work without Gold membership?
2) How strong is the console? Bascially I have got my TV (23" so not too heavy) on top of my Sky box (one of the new HD but not Sky+ boxes, so again not heavy) on top of my 360 at the moment, mainly due to space issues but also to give the TV some extra height. Will this same setup be okay for the Xbox One? Or would it be better to have it to the side?
The Xbox one fan is situated at the top of the console - I would not recommend blocking it at all lol!

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Eh?! A tenner?

I know yeah! Just scanned the barcodes on my game app & can get £31 trade in for the pair! Can't beat abit of free gaming lol

A guy in front of me got an xbox one for £200!!!! I would have bought one if there were any left!

Don't think it's a national promotion, just the local store getting rid of some stock.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
likewise. any offers with forza

image.jpg

500GB Xbox One + Fifa 16 + COD or Titanfall @ £169.99 @ GAME.

You must trade in a 360+5 games or PS3+5 games. Ends on Sunday.

2015_09_19_hardware_02.jpg

2015_09_19_hardware_03.jpg

2015_09_19_hardware_04.jpg

*Offer ends 27/09/15. Please present this email to store staff at point of purchase. Get an xbox one 500gb plus fifa 16 plus now tv pass plus 1 game for £169.99 when you trade in a selected 360 or ps3 console plus any 5 games, and the trade in value is deducted from the selling price of an xbox one 500gb plus fifa 16 plus now tv pass plus 1 game. Selected consoles are 360 250gb, 320gb or 500gb b grade or above plus any 5 games or ps3 120gb, 160gb, 250gb, 320gb or 500gb b grade or above plus any 5 games. Correct at time of print. Ask staff for details of console grading or to find out what your console is worth. Trade in and purchase must be processed in the same transaction. A game reward account is required to take part in this offer. To trade in all consoles and games must be in good working order and of satisfactory quality. Imported consoles and games are excluded from trade ins. cash trade in value may vary. Ask staff for details. Trade in offers are open to members of the public only and game reserves the right to refuse any offer to anyone believed to be representing a trade customer. Trade in and cash prices are subject to change. The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. This does not affect your statutory rights. Store managers decision is final. Offer can be removed at any time without prior notice

https://mailer1.game.co.uk/pub/sf/F...ffiliate-_-Tradedoubler-_-HotUKDeals-_-Banner

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I might have to do that actually! Good bargain plus I have the 360 and lots of games although its a bit battered now.

Honda. Tesla Someday
If only that deal worked with the Halo 5 edition console lol! Soooo damn temped to buy it! Have it on pre-order along with the Halo 5 collectors edition! I just dont need 2 Xbox Ones! lol

Edition 30 / GSXR750
Did that deal today, traded in my 360 slim 250gb with 13 games and I paid £138 for my xbox one!

Also @DeeKay86 don't suppose you could invite me to the preview program?

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I'm new to the xbox one, whatever happened to just putting in a disc and playing! It has taken me 5 hours to download Fifa16, jesus.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Tbf even when you put a disk in it still has to install which takes a while and then any possible updates. You need decent internet for new consoles imo.

Edition 30 / GSXR750
Did you trade in a slim?

yeah traded in a slim 360, this is the t&c's for the ps4 deal:

*Offer ends 30/09/15. Get £100 Trade-in credit for your old Xbox 360 or PS3 console plus any 5 games when you Trade-in towards a PS4 1TB plus FIFA 16. Maximum £100 Trade-in value is for Xbox 360 250GB, 320GB or 500GB B grade or above plus any 5 games or PS3 120GB, 160GB, 250GB, 320GB or 500GB B grade or above plus any 5 games. Correct at time of print. Ask staff for details of console grading or to find out what your console is worth. Trade-in and purchase must be processed in the same transaction. A GAME Reward account is required to take part in this offer. To Trade-in all consoles and games must be in good working order and of satisfactory quality. Imported consoles and games are excluded from Trade-ins. Cash Trade-in value may vary. Ask staff for details. Trade-in offers are open to members of the public only and GAME reserves the right to refuse any offer to anyone believed to be representing a trade customer. Trade-in and cash prices are subject to change. The offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. This does not affect your statutory rights. Store managers decision is final. Offer can be removed at any time without prior notice

Ph 1 172
Anyone have any issues with there Kinect camera mine works and then switches off for now reason and won't come back on in less I turn it off at wall and start again then it will be fine for a few hours then break. Microsoft said its £100 to fix the fucker..

Don't suppose anyone has one they don't use for sale do they??

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone have any issues with there Kinect camera mine works and then switches off for now reason and won't come back on in less I turn it off at wall and start again then it will be fine for a few hours then break. Microsoft said its £100 to fix the fucker..

My Kinect breaks quite often. It's a launch console and I'd heard that there were some known issues with them. I don't care that much really, waving to sign in and open the party snap screen is easy enough without the help of Kinect...!

Ph 1 172
Yeah mines a launch console as well its doing my head in... I use my Kinect for everything, changing channel, voice control everything ....

Honda. Tesla Someday

I also have a launch Xbox One with Kinect, and I use Kinect a lot.

When you say it switches off, are you referring to the 3 red lights going off? If that is the case, then that is normal.
When Microsoft decided that the kinect will not be packaged with ALL Xbox One consoles, they gave developers access to hardware reserved for Kinect. So, in some titles which do not use Kinect and require that extra 'power', some kinect features are switched off when you launch the game (resulting in the 3 red lights going off). However, the kinect should ALWAYS recognise voice commands even when the 3 lights are off.

I hope that makes sense.
If Microsoft wants £100 to fix it, tell them to piss off. You can buy a 'used' kinect from Cex and Game for far less! I have often seen the Kinect in Cex (computer exchange) for as little as £30.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Collected my Halo 5 Guardians Collectors Edition today! Its pretty damn cool!
Feel free to have a nose at my vid :blush:

Includes a few funny surprises!