ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I've had the controller issue a few times where it just won't turn the Xbox on, then have to turn it on on the button
Mine started with this. Then the controllers would drop out, then the wifi would drop. Had to send it off.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I get random controller disconnections on a rare occasion. I thought it was a known thing and is usually caused by interference. Hope I don't have to send it off.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Are there any games like Far Cry out there?

Sad after finishing Far Cry 3.

Mito Sportiva 135
Does anyone have any recommendations for which external hard disks to buy for the Xbone and, once I get one, how do I get the console to save onto that rather than the internal HDD?

Thanks

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
Is it because you've ran out of space or the slightly increased loadtimes when using a usb3 external drive or?

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
surely you can just delete the games you aren't playing, that's what I do. It gives you the option to keep the save files etc.. so if you ever re-install you will be able to pick up where you left off.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
surely you can just delete the games you aren't playing, that's what I do. It gives you the option to keep the save files etc.. so if you ever re-install you will be able to pick up where you left off.
I do, but it's a faff, particularly when I have a few downloaded games (no disc).

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Yaris Hybrid
Just downloading Gears of War. Been going since yesterday evening and after 12 hours it is at 81%.

This isn't just with Gears of War though (I know a lot of people will be downloading it today), my Xbox is a piece of sh*t for download speeds.

If I download a game on Steam I see 170mb/s. On my PS4 I can download a 4GB patch in minutes.

The network test on XO reports 80mb down and 10mb up but it appears to download games at dial up speeds. Anyone else got these issues? It was the same on 360 as I remember a single car on Forza 3 or 4 taking a few hours to download!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Just downloading Gears of War. Been going since yesterday evening and after 12 hours it is at 81%.

This isn't just with Gears of War though (I know a lot of people will be downloading it today), my Xbox is a piece of sh*t for download speeds.

If I download a game on Steam I see 170mb/s. On my PS4 I can download a 4GB patch in minutes.

The network test on XO reports 80mb down and 10mb up but it appears to download games at dial up speeds. Anyone else got these issues? It was the same on 360 as I remember a single car on Forza 3 or 4 taking a few hours to download!
I think its wanky servers!

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Tomb Raider in Games with Gold this month. Great game! Well worth it.

I'm now getting super excited for Battlefront. Its the game I've had my eye on for years and now its so close. Pleeeeeeeeease dont f**k it up!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Tomb Raider in Games with Gold this month. Great game! Well worth it.

I'm now getting super excited for Battlefront. Its the game I've had my eye on for years and now its so close. Pleeeeeeeeease dont f**k it up!
Yep, one of the games I'll be getting this autumn, can't wait!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Bought Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain - Collectors Edition! Filmed an unboxing! Check it out - it's pretty cool :blush:

Clio
Bought Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain - Collectors Edition! Filmed an unboxing! Check it out - it's pretty cool :blush:

I still do not understand why I have an urge to watch these videos.

Highlights from this one are
A) The "Thats a really nice box actually" comment and sound genuinely impressed by a box.
B) The disappointment that the half sized EU version of the arm is in fact more like 1/3 size of the Jap version.

Reactions: C.J
  Honda. Tesla Someday
I still do not understand why I have an urge to watch these videos.

Highlights from this one are
A) The "Thats a really nice box actually" comment and sound genuinely impressed by a box.
B) The disappointment that the half sized EU version of the arm is in fact more like 1/3 size of the Jap version.

LMFAO!!!

Sorry, genuinely made me laugh! Even though its my video I totally agree with what you're saying!! However, it was a decent box (LOL) and the damn arm is a con!!! A CON I TELL YOU!!!

I shall take your feedback on board for future videos. Thank you lol!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Tempted to pick another Xbox One up for the bedroom anyone know where they are had the cheapest? I see £275 on Amazon.. Or even better if anyone on here is thinking of selling up I could be interested :smile:.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Tempted to pick another Xbox One up for the bedroom anyone know where they are had the cheapest? I see £275 on Amazon.. Or even better if anyone on here is thinking of selling up I could be interested :smile:.

Its possible that I may sell mine as I am extremely tempted to buy the Halo 5 Limited Edition Xbox lol!!

Honda. Tesla Someday
Will that come in a nice box though? Guess I'll have to tune in and find out...

IF I get it there will be an unboxing lol - however I have pre ordered the collectors edition of Halo 5 (with the statue) so expect an unboxing for that!

The box is a big part of it all, yeah sure it's just cardboard etc but presentation goes a long way to making something "feel" more than what it is. Maybe I'm just a bit odd and get excited too much about stupid things lol, I'm such a sucker for this stuff!!

Just though I'd post this up.....
Some of you may have a similar issue.
My controller is shockingly creaky, so much so I was going to buy a new one even though This ones had a very easy life with little use. Literaly creaks with every movement of your hands. Can feel it moving/creaking in my hand, and hear it a lot! Should have taken a video. It really was shockingly bad.
Even if yours doesn't creak it'll make the controller feel more solid. So a little guide:
Driving me mad!
So before buying a new one thought I'd try something out.
The rear parts simply unclip (main cause of the creaks as it's not fixed as such), they just pull off.
fa9971aa43d18f13f04ef369b6f3a952.jpg

There are 2 screws each side revealed when you unclip the backs.

I decided to give these a tighten. Seems their a small Allen key head, but have a small metal spike sticking up in middle of the Allen head (no doubt to stop a standard Allen head fitting, making you buy a special tool)
I snapped the little "nipples" inside the head with a small flat head screwdriver. Which then allowed me to fit a standard Allen key into it and tighten all 4 screws.
Sounds complicated but it's self explanatory when you open it up.

This tightened it up nicely.
But the main cause it the loose, clip in panels on the back.
So I used some black roof sealant and applied a 1~2mm layer on the pad
7205d734a973345bb33948b039cfd80c.jpg

Silicone would probably do the same job. It's just to stop movement and fix the sections to the controller.
It's completely solved my creaks and controller feels far more well put together and solid in hand. [emoji41] [emoji106]
Great success!
I realise this is a permanent fix, and if you ever need to open the controller in future, you may break it trying to get these sections back off..... but if I heard one more creak out of this controller I'd have opened the controller up permanently against my floor, then with a sledgehammer !! [emoji14]
Well worth doing
Cheers