ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

Honda. Tesla Someday
Xbox Briefing at Gamescom in the next 2 hours. You can stream on Xbox.com or Twitch or on your Xbox.

They have already announced that Gears of War Ultimate Edition comes with:
Gears Ultimate (true full remaster with added maps etc)
Gears 4 beta
Gears of War (xbox 360 back compatible)
Gears 2 (xbox 360 back compatible)
Gears 3 (xbox 360 back compatible)
Gears of War Judgement (xbox 360 back compatible)

That is ONE HELL OF A DEAL for the price of one game!! Jesus!!!!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I turned instant mode on and have been having trouble with the controller syncing since. Turn it on and the controller just flashes until I turn xbox on and off again manually.

Forza 4 needs to come to backwards compatibility. You can vote on the xbox website which games you want to see. Its all f**king cod up top lol.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I turned instant mode on and have been having trouble with the controller syncing since. Turn it on and the controller just flashes until I turn xbox on and off again manually.

Forza 4 needs to come to backwards compatibility. You can vote on the xbox website which games you want to see. Its all f**king cod up top lol.

Never seen that controller problem happen before... Hmmm I'll have a think about it!!

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Anyone in here own a PS4 and an xbox one?

My old xbox 360 is pretty dead (slow and loud, freezes a lot). Don't know which to get. Mainly play cod/gta

Honda. Tesla Someday
Oh My the Xbox One briefing ended and holy god did they deliver!!! Toooo much to list! Loads of games, tonnes of exclusives, loads of new features for the Xbox One. Seriously insane show!
Xbox One TV DVR confirmed, you can record live TV and stream it to any other windows device - can also download the recordings for offline viewing on ay device. DVR functionality is totally free.
Xbox Backwards compatibility launches this November - all 360 games with gold to be backwards compatible from now on! Over 100 games backwards compatible for November launch.

Quantum Break (Xbox exclusive) shown. - new gameplay! stunning game and epic mechanics wow!
Tomb Raider (Xbox exclusive - Holiday 2015) shown
Crackdown 3 (Xbox exclusive) shown for the first time. 100% destruction and connected to cloud giving you 20x the power of your Xbox One! - Very impressed!
Scalebound (Xbox exclusive) - shown - looks amazing! 4 player co-op confirmed.
New Xbox One chat pad announced and shown.
Windows 10 coming to Xbox One in November.
Killer Instinct (Xbox/PC exclusive) - coming to Windows 10. New character Battletoads available now. Cross play with Xbox One/PC.
ID@Xbox: Bloodstained - Cross play Xbox One/PC - new character.
CitiSkylines shown
Train sim
Team17 showed off new Worms game - 'Worms WMD' - hell yes!
New game: "Thimbleweed Pack"
Arc Survival Evolved
Starbound
New game: "We Happy Few" from Compulsion - looks creepy and very very good!
Cloud saves for Xbox One / PC - play on Xbox One continue on PC.
New game from Mojang "Cobalt" Xbox Exclusive / PC
World Premier of Dark Souls III - hell yes - gameplay shown very nice!
Homefront: The Revolution - First on Xbox One EA Access, Xbox One Beta, Open world shooter, guerrilla warfare! Very cool gameplay shown!
FIFA 16 - Play first on Xbox One (EA Access - 1 week early!) - Legends exclusive to Xbox One. 16 new legends added. Also now has Womens National teams. Limited edition Fifa console comes with 3 months of EA Access.
Halo 5 Guardians (Xbox exclusive) - Warzone / Arena gameplay shown and tournament gameplay shown. Announced Halo 5 worldwide championship £1million prize fund!
Halo 5 Guardians Limited edition console announced 1Tb HDD. New Master chief controller and Spartan Locke controller.
Just cause 3 world premier.
Rise of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One holiday 2015 exclusive) - new gameplay shown - looked brilliant!!!! Launch Nov 13th.
Greatest Lineup in Xbox history - Halo 5, Scalebound, ReCore, Gears of war 4, Forza 6, Scalebound, Tomb Raider, fable etc etc etc! Tonnes of exclusives!
Forza 6 (Xbox Exclusive) shown off - 3D puddles extremely realistic weather and rain / drive at night etc - best driving simulator ever over 450 cars 26 locations full car damage!
Halo War 2 announced (Xbox / PC Exclusive) - OMG OMG OMG !

Seriously - theres more but I've got to run lol!!! Brilliant stuff!

Reactions: C.J
  Honda. Tesla Someday

My old xbox 360 is pretty dead (slow and loud, freezes a lot). Don't know which to get. Mainly play cod/gta
Well it's obvious what I prefer. I also have a PS3 by the way and Xbox 360.
I went for the Xbox One because I prefer the games on it, and the massive list of features the console has to offer. Xbox Live is also a brilliant online gaming service (as you should know already lol).

Not going to bash the ps4, good console with its own exclusives, however I must note that I find their library very lacking right now, especially their first party games (not many out and hardly any coming out this year). A friend of mine has a ps4 but he's complaining about not having much to play in terms of huge AAA titles, so he's buying an Xbox One.
I think it's a matter of preference. Look at the exclusives each offers and services too if that's important to you. I pick Xbox because it's turning in to a crazy ecosystem with tonnes of features with loads of exclusives. I will get a ps4 someday but I don't have any need for one yet.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Forgot to post this.

A friend and I recorded the first episode of our new "show/podcast", the topic was the Xbox media briefing from Gamescom.

It's quite long but contains tonnes of info! Do watch if you are interested.

(He's based in Texas, overall the quality is good but sometimes there is an echo because I had my headphones too close to my mic! Lol)

Thank you and enjoy!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Forgot to post this.

A friend and I recorded the first episode of our new "show/podcast", the topic was the Xbox media briefing from Gamescom.

It's quite long but contains tonnes of info! Do watch if you are interested.

(He's based in Texas, overall the quality is good but sometimes there is an echo because I had my headphones too close to my mic! Lol)

Thank you and enjoy!

Will give it a watch, as there seems to have been a massive amount of information that's come out of the event.

@DeeKay86 i never received that invite :( Does it take a little while?

Honda. Tesla Someday
Oh and yes there was a healthy amount of info! Very very good all round tbh! Between E3 and this Gamescom conference Microsoft has really gone all out! It's pretty crazy how far they are going with everything! The mind boggles!!

Honda. Tesla Someday
what excatly is this program?

Its the Xbox Preview Program where you get the early test builds of system updates. Its updated a couple of times a month with new features. So for example as a preview member I can already play Xbox 360 games and also stream my games to Windows 10.

Preview members will also receive the Xbox One WINDOWS 10 upgrade in September, that's 2 months before public release.

Hope this helps!

Honda. Tesla Someday
I found this regarding invites:
WQ5EEBZ.png

@MarcJP @Dan The Top Bloke

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Never seen that controller problem happen before... Hmmm I'll have a think about it!!

Yeah got annoying so I turned it back so it shuts down properly, nothing I did would get it to sync until I turned it off. Bit weird I guess, it's a newer controller but I've not had any problems until turning on instant on.

I can live with the downloads I guess, luckily internet is fast now if I was still at my parents I'd be waiting all night for each update to download.

SQ5
I've had the controller issue a few times where it just won't turn the Xbox on, then have to turn it on on the button

Honda. Tesla Someday
@DeeKay86 I was in the preview program on X360, does this mean I still have access to the XBONE stuff? Any idea how I activate it?
As far as I know it's seperate. If you were on it with the Xbox One they'd have already messaged you and sent you an activation to download the preview app and build. Hope this helps!!

@DeeKay86 , great info on new games etc, cheers for that.

I've been in the preview program since it started too, and it's great. The only issues I have is, sometimes I'm unable to communicate with friends who aren't in the program. Usually a restart sorts it (as mines always in instant-on mode).

I bought both at launch, sold the PS4.