ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thinking of getting back to the Xbox, what do I do :') N00b advice!

Mk1
Hi guys,

I used to have an xbox one x and haven't played in at least 3 years.... I never finished red dead redemption ffs!!
I'm thinking of getting the newer xbox series x over the winter if I can find any good deals. I notice they have held their values extremely well! But the itch to play forza is one I need to scratch as I used to be quite good at that.

In laymans terms, does anyone know how to transfer my saved game/general information from my old one? I am so out of touch it's unreal...

Or if I see any good deals I'll drop them on here also. Best I've seen so far is this

£469 with horizon 5.

Maybe worth waiting for black friday or nah?

Thanks guys

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I don't use a console - but if you use your existing XBox ID on a new XBox - won't that transfer the saved games you've had from previous?

No different really than Steam Cloud saves on PCs - some of those saves on there are several years old when I reinstall the games.

Mk1
I don't use a console - but if you use your existing XBox ID on a new XBox - won't that transfer the saved games you've had from previous?

No different really than Steam Cloud saves on PCs - some of those saves on there are several years old when I reinstall the games.

Thanks mate, I honestly have no idea. Shocking how bad I am with tech, I feel like it's changed rapidly once you step out the zone!!

Hopefully some console users can advise..

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
As long as you were online it should have saved your progress to the cloud as previously mentioned.

If not then at least you can enjoy progressing through it again!

Mk1
As long as you were online it should have saved your progress to the cloud as previously mentioned.

If not then at least you can enjoy progressing through it again!

Mate. I must have spend absolute hours on RDR and I think I was only 50% through it!! No way can I do that again. Hahaha

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
I recently returned to Xbox after 2 years without.

I logged into my Microsoft account on startup and all my historical data was there and available still.

Mk1
I recently returned to Xbox after 2 years without.

I logged into my Microsoft account on startup and all my historical data was there and available still.
Whaaaaat. Tech blows my mind.

What about games you had purchased or only have on disk previously? Thanks

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Mate. I must have spend absolute hours on RDR and I think I was only 50% through it!! No way can I do that again. Hahaha
It should have your save games on it. You’ll be unlucky if it hasn’t.

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
Whaaaaat. Tech blows my mind.

What about games you had purchased or only have on disk previously? Thanks

Yeah I was equally surprised to see everything there.

As I haven't played regularly for over a decade now, most of the games i've acquired over that time were on the ol' reliable disk 😄 I had a few (free) downloaded games from wayyy back that are still there and working though!