ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The XBox One Thread

banther

ClioSport Club Member
No need. I get 36 AA Duracells every 3 months from Amazon for £9 or something, on a subscription basis. Sure it's £45, but it's easy and convenient.
Just a heads up these are amazing and can be bought on eBay. I researched batteries (so cool) and these were top rated bang for buck;
http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50240502/ not the boggo all yellow ones.

mah_large_200mA.png

Honda. Tesla Someday
I enjoy it, although I don't think I could explain to anyone why I enjoy someone else opening a box lol.

I just wish I had so much excitement at xmas when I get socks.

tbh, I don't really do social media or any of that s**t so I just view your videos you post on here. How many views do you get/followers you got?

Man I've been away playing Halo 5 like a psycho it's incredible lol! I have about 550 subscribers and my best performing 'recent' video is my Nextbase dashcam review (almost 16,000 views now)

Need to make time to make more videos but I am so addicted to this game lol!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Got Need For Speed in the post yesterday...
Absolutely stunning graphics, the car handling is a bit suspect though, lol.

Customization is great!

SQ5
Bit suspect, I played the Beta and was terrible. When you let go of the stick it's still turning, it had about a second response time. I was going to buy it to pick up and play but I just couldn't with that

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Bit suspect, I played the Beta and was terrible. When you let go of the stick it's still turning, it had about a second response time. I was going to buy it to pick up and play but I just couldn't with that

I was actually getting used to it last night, but it was VERY shite compared to Forza.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Mrs bought me Forza6 yesterday for Xmas.. is it as good as everyone makes out? I've never played Forza.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
What external hard drive is everyone using? Slowly running out of space now -_-

Probably unrelated but when I was researching it I found a really overly detailed analysis of SSD vs hard drive etc and the differences between was minimal therefore unwarranted expense.

Difference between top of the line hard drive and average was also tiny. Conclusion; just buy the best deal. Write speed etc has minimal impact on pic quality / load times etc.

Will try to dig it out.

I just bought a Samsung 1tb standard as hell one from John Lewis and does the job fine!!

Bit of a piss take with the internal storage. 500gb sounds a lot until BF4 takes up 40gb lol.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Mrs bought me Forza6 yesterday for Xmas.. is it as good as everyone makes out? I've never played Forza.

Forza is a brilliant game. Last one I played was on the 360 (forza 4?) and I went through the career mode about 5 times!
Not hammered 6 as much on the One, been playing Fifa. :D

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Yeah I can't get off Fifa atm, as rubbish as it is

Forza is a brilliant game. Last one I played was on the 360 (forza 4?) and I went through the career mode about 5 times!
Not hammered 6 as much on the One, been playing Fifa. :smiley:

Anyone fancies a game on Fifa - xbox live = IDavyy

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Forza is really good, online is hilarious.

But my god it's going to be a ball ache doing ALL the championships!

Bit of a dilemma, too many games out at the moment and I only want to buy one.

On the cards are ; FIFA 16, Skyrim online, Forza 6, Project Cars, MGS 5, Star Wars Battlefront or Fallout 4 (never played any of them before though!)

What would you guys recommend?! Too much choice!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
As a car game fan I'd say Forza 6, not a fan of project cars with a pad, and even if you own Forza 5, 6 is worth the money for the extra cars/tracks/weather.

Nah price doesn't matter, just want a decent game to get into. Thinking it's going to be either Fallout or MGS 5 now, never played Fallout so not sure what to expect from that.

DCi
Fallout will (probably) have a much better story than MGS

MGS is good for trying to sneak in and out of bases without being noticed but I don't rate the story at all

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Entirely different games. You want to watch videos to get an idea really but out of those I say Forza.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Pneuma breath of life is currently free with gold and is well worth a look if you like puzzle games. Very short but kept us entertained for a couple of hours at the weekend.

Cayman S Edition 1
Xbox one software updated this morning. I guess this is the new Windows 10 look / integration?

Looks good so far:smile:

image.jpeg

Kawasaki ER6N
If you are in power save mode and not auto on you need for force the update or it will auto do it on the 23rd.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I think it's just rolling out in waves. I'm on power save mode and it decided to boot me mid game to update a few nights ago. Didn't need to do anything.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I turned my Xbox back on and it gave me the option to force update in Settings, so it's done. Looks okay tbh. Can't find my Fallout 3 download though, I think I'll have to dig out the actual game disc.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I've discovered that the backwards compatibility isn't fantastic really. Out of the 7 games I have that are on the launch list, only 1 appears to work...

A4 Avant & A3
Can we download Dirt3 (360 game with gold this month) to play on the xbox one? it's in the list for compatibility.
But.. if I try to download it, it asks to set up payment details, I've got my credit card on my xbox account & it's showing on the console, but on xbox.com it doesn't see it?
Anyone else tried this, think it's only available until the 15th so wanted to try & get this.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I've had to 'update my control' (wtf?!), and to update it it needs to be plugged in with a usb to micro usb thing... Which I didn't get with my Xbox, what b****cks is that about?!