ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

T4RKO 172 Cup

vectra+clio172 cup
Hi mark, still reading the blog fella, bit of bad luck with the wiring loom. I feel your frustration, I still have an airbag/ serv lights of doom as well and was in frustration nearly going to cut the wires but glad I didn't having read this. Hope you get back to it soon and hope things don't keep kicking you up the backside with it.

Hi mark, still reading the blog fella, bit of bad luck with the wiring loom. I feel your frustration, I still have an airbag/ serv lights of doom as well and was in frustration nearly going to cut the wires but glad I didn't having read this. Hope you get back to it soon and hope things don't keep kicking you up the backside with it.

Thanks.
It just means I am going to have to do a proper job of it now! Should be good when finished though with a nice simple loom and lose a bit of weight.

Very pissed off at the carbon filter box though as you have to put the bottom of the filter through the holes and it puts pressure on the mounts when you squeeze the top together. First time I went to put the filter in properly this happened:

65F88473-07BD-42F7-B1AF-3BDBBBBF17C4_1.jpg

It cost £114 from Jenvey so will speak to them on Monday and see what they say as it should be designed to cope with the strain it is designed for as it's the only way to fit the filter.

Jenvey wouldn't take my photos as evidence and I was reluctant to buy another plate and send this one back and possibly end up having bought two. We got into a bit of a stale mate but I am pleased to say we have a way forward now. As the Clio is off the road I agreed to remove the box and send it them back. They have sent it to their manufacturer who is repairing it and sending it me back. I would have preferred a new box and not to have to have paid the postage to return it but at least I should end up with something stronger that will withstand the pressure the filter puts on the box. I will let you know what it looks like when it comes back.

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
I'm back from Spain mark so if you want to have a look at this wiring sometime give me a text.
Good news on the airbox, it looks really flimsy though, even my alloy backplate bends where the filter clips in, but at least it bends and doesn't snap.
Russ

At the moment I will put the silver boot on just to seal it up. I have looked at the costs and the Plastic ones are almost twice as much but may get a whole kit for all the windows and do a fibreglass boot and doors too at the same time.

I need a new windscreen too as a crack is growing right across it despite it not being driven anywhere. I am putting that down to it getting hot and cold.

CMComposites website is down due to the amount of work he has in but if you contact him through his Facebook page he may be able to help.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Theres a set of windows for sale in from @Ph1 Tom at the moment, including a rear one I believe!

Where does that switch panel sit?

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
At the moment I will put the silver boot on just to seal it up. I have looked at the costs and the Plastic ones are almost twice as much but may get a whole kit for all the windows and do a fibreglass boot and doors too at the same time.

I need a new windscreen too as a crack is growing right across it despite it not being driven anywhere. I am putting that down to it getting hot and cold.

CMComposites website is down due to the amount of work he has in but if you contact him through his Facebook page he may be able to help.

I have a fibreglass boot, door and a full set of polycarb windows :)

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
I've just received my dash pod also from Chris @ cm composites and I'm very impressed. Just got to work out how to do all the wiring for the toggle switches

Also put the rear cage in the car too just to get started. One thing I noticed was the rear feet have a bend on the plates which I thought was odd. Is this normal?

ED406778-2314-4EBA-BF80-A6A7D0BDF6A0.jpg

243842DF-9DA5-4863-BF28-0951F7804925.jpg

Shouldn't be a problem bolting them in and straightening them out but I just though it was odd that both sides have the same bit bent up at the same amount which is unlikely to occur during shipping or something.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I noticed it packing it but as you say they are both identical. I didn't look at it in the car so I assumed they were profiled. It looks like they're intended to be that way.