ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pilot Sport Cup 2's??

photo_ed

ClioSport Club Member
  200 Cup, 182 Trophy
Hi all, I'm currently weighing up my tyre options for my 2010 200 Cup, I've run Michelin PS4's up until this point on it but am thinking of putting a set of PS Cup 2's on next. Does anyone have any experience running these tyres on a 197 or 200? The car is primarily a road car but does get driven properly when it comes out to play, I guess my worry is; will I be able to get enough heat in a Cup 2 on the road for it to work properly?

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Hi all, I'm currently weighing up my tyre options for my 2010 200 Cup, I've run Michelin PS4's up until this point on it but am thinking of putting a set of PS Cup 2's on next. Does anyone have any experience running these tyres on a 197 or 200? The car is primarily a road car but does get driven properly when it comes out to play, I guess my worry is; will I be able to get enough heat in a Cup 2 on the road for it to work properly?

I wouldn’t bother with cup2’s on the road tbh unless you’re tracking.. personally

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a set of these on my 200 in the 200TW flavour. They did good on a tour of Wales in early September despite the weather being damp most of the time. I reckon for most daily drives that sort of tyre is overkill though as you do need to push on to get the best out of them and I'd feel like a proper hooligan driving around home like in did in the wilds of Wales.

photo_ed

ClioSport Club Member
  200 Cup, 182 Trophy
I had Cup 2’s on my AG200 and they’re a superb tyre on the road and on track, but I’m not sure they’d cope with a cold wet UK winter tbh.
The car only comes out during Winter to trundle for it's annual MOT, the rest of the Winter it's snoozes in storage. It comes out in Summer for the occasional brisk drive and in the past the odd trackday, I've decided to retire it from track stuff these days though.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Run Cup2 connect on my kangoo. Doesnt take much to switch them on, and wet grip is suprisingly good. You will have no problems running them on the road.

Ps5 are also worth considering. Turn in is really good as stiffer sidewalls over ps4.

photo_ed

ClioSport Club Member
  200 Cup, 182 Trophy
Run Cup2 connect on my kangoo. Doesnt take much to switch them on, and wet grip is suprisingly good. You will have no problems running them on the road.

Ps5 are also worth considering. Turn in is really good as stiffer sidewalls over ps4.
This is good to hear, thanks @Brigsy, I'd considered the PS5's but they're currently unavailable in the 200 Cup size. Another reason for me focussing my attention on the Cup 2 Connect.

Not a Diesel!!!

ClioSport Club Member
  LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Took my Cup 2's off my Megane & sold them. Replaced with PS4s. Much better for general on road stuff & more tread. (Although I don't do many miles rubber gets old before it gets worn out especially on rear)

I had heard about Cup 2 being the go to tyre but its horses for courses.

Recent Evo Magazine tyre test has PS4s pretty low down the ranking. Think Conti & Bridgestone up top.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I was at Goodwood on Friday, of the six cars ahead of me in the queue, five were wearing...

PXL_20231117_122012803.jpg
PXL_20231117_122029874.jpg
PXL_20231117_122116932.jpg
PXL_20231117_122046855.jpg
PXL_20231117_122059768.jpg

PXL_20231117_122141386.jpg

I'd have no worries running a set over winter, you just need to be aware of their limitations and drive accordingly.

photo_ed

ClioSport Club Member
  200 Cup, 182 Trophy
Took my Cup 2's off my Megane & sold them. Replaced with PS4s. Much better for general on road stuff & more tread. (Although I don't do many miles rubber gets old before it gets worn out especially on rear)

I had heard about Cup 2 being the go to tyre but its horses for courses.

Recent Evo Magazine tyre test has PS4s pretty low down the ranking. Think Conti & Bridgestone up top.
Yep, I read the latest EVO tyre test, I was surprised to see the PS4 still featuring in it to be honest, especially with the PS5 having been launched for a while now. Tried to look for the Conti's but they don't appear to do it in the correct size. The PS5 is also currently unavailable, hence why I keep coming back to the Cup 2's...