ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

T4RKO 172 Cup

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
Totally agree. Some people aren't big posters but love a good read. It's for your benefit as well as others so keep posting :smile:
Yeah keep up the posts mate, I'm just about to undertake similar modifications so your thread, its comedy horse photos included, makes a good read and certainly helps a lot.

Clio is looking great and I'm sure your hard work is paying off, will hopefully see you at knockhill with it once you have it finished!!

Here is a modification I haven't seen anyone else do. It tidies up the rear end, benefits aerodynamics, saves weight and is really cheap....

DAA42F31-3114-4782-BFF7-5878B26E9FDF.jpg

No use if you like listening to the radio though. Lol

Oh and I did Born Survivor this morning. I went on my own soon photos until the official photos are up but all went well. I get cramp in my calves every time I run for more than an hour so something I need to work on. Other than that I was chuffed I got round considering I haven't ran at all since November last year and have a groin injury that niggle me now and then.

Just ran 11.6km this morning whilst she stayed in bed and since getting home we have had to go round Asda for an hour and now back home again we have to do all the animal jobs she has been waiting for me for and then I have to go out on foot and walk for about 5 miles whilst she rides the horse.

I'm on strike tomorrow and working on my car and watching The British Superbikes.

25km clocked up today. My legs are a bit tired now. That's me in for the night now having just finished the outside jobs. I am getting my tea made for me though. Mexican Nachos and Tacos.

I was thinking earlier about how to plug the hole my aerial left. I was thinking I might be able to buy a suitably sized grommet, clearly I wasn't thinking redneck enough!

I was thinking earlier about how to plug the hole my aerial left. I was thinking I might be able to buy a suitably sized grommet, clearly I wasn't thinking redneck enough!

My plan is to fibreglass it from the inside and then fill it from the outside. Then either paint with a touch up pen, spray and blend or wrap the roof with vinyl.

8CE13672-25CC-4C1F-8206-579054734024.jpg

Just took the carpet and passenger seat out. Guess how much money I found!

F45AA673-D42E-4A35-8009-0A7DF138A062_1.jpg

Used a resistor for the passenger seat connection to kept the air bag and service light off.

Started stripping today:

8D6E074F-4DCB-4F7B-89C7-B11331379554.jpg

Need a 6mm spot weld drill to take the bracket work off.

Also started stripping out the wiring that's not needed. Left the central locking in the boot for now.

E74E9C12-B4F0-4464-BBE0-B42F67EDC287.jpg

Those black clips are a pain to take off. Lol

Did some more stripping today.

Had to take all this off to get to what I was after:

CA74D0D6-8135-43C8-9007-95DBAB346A57.jpg

Then took this little monster out:

BB856AE2-0B93-4F1D-B90D-F718378FCB70.jpg

Had to take the coolant bottle off its mounts to get it out:

763BEF47-E86A-4010-B786-5E07F9B6E36A.jpg

And as a I have removed the rear wiper and fitted the blank I pulled the hose all the way back out and blanked off the pipe just so it doesn't squirt out of you do ask for it.

2130B24A-95F5-4137-882F-B1C57353C151_1.jpg

what is it that you removed? As I've removed my rear wiper too.
At the rear I have removed all the wiring for the wiper, the rear interior light and then pulled it all back to back inside the car so I can continue stripping it down the loom. I also pulled out the sprayer hose back to the bottle.

Don't want to mess with too much with the MOT being tomorrow but I started on the battery relocation today.
Used my new rivnut tool too.

Marked out the battery holder location behind the passenger seat and put in two rivnuts:

29FED85A-9C54-46C3-9767-5658BE4F2F1F.jpg

Fitted the battery and secured with just two screws which seems more than enough for now:

0EC2F1C0-7F95-42D5-829B-8D945EAF9B7F.jpg

I have ordered a spot weld drill so I can remove all the brackets from the back including the two right by the battery.

I then started crimping the cable but I only had one piece of heat shrink so need to finish it off when I get that and the M10 crimps I need for some of the terminations. I also fitted the mega fuse holder. I was unsure where was best to locate it as I don't want it to get in the way of the harnesses or seat frames in the future but also wanted it to be accessible. Anyway it's in now.

DF9FE38A-DD67-4AB5-9A90-9B41A69A681F.jpg

And that's all really. Lovely weather today. All the animals have had a great day playing out.

Made a School Boy error as I left the drivers window open a little and now have no power as I haven't finished the battery relocation.

EF226400-77C4-4C3D-8FBF-6590BE12CC08.jpg

48E1D111-EAE7-4E3A-8D9E-3A340712346B.jpg

76CC28BE-2C7D-4850-BA49-39C89676D0DA.jpg

Right off to bed now as up at 03:30 as I need to go to Aberdeen for a course!

Haha. Mines in the garage looking pretty similar. The top dash comes out so easily you might as well whip the bottom dash out next... At least that's what I thought! Need to put it back soon but I think it might be tricky.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The thought of taking the bottom dash out gives me nightmares.

I cheated and left it in place but loosened the dash cage off, meant I had to cut around the heater though.

The thought of taking the bottom dash out gives me nightmares.

I cheated and left it in place but loosened the dash cage off, meant I had to cut around the heater though.

I'm more worried about getting it running again. Lol.

Might have been wise cutting around the heater as the matrix box now sits about 5mm from the ducting for the windscreen

I also got the Stanley knife out and just cut the foam off at the heater. I've been super lazy so far and left the foam in on the driver's side as the pedal box is there lol. I'll get round to it but need to focus on getting it on track, can tidy up next winter.

Part of me wanted to take it all apart just to learn. Plus I have the steering colum to change and wiring to strip out. With me also having the donor car I wasn't too bothered about breaking anything and have lots of parts I can refurbish and swap out.

I want to cut the dash down to save weight which will expose the frame which is little tatty so might spray the one from the other car and swap them out.

Well it rained last night! The drivers seat is now soaking. lol

Anyway I managed to get the battery wired up this afternoon.

37A3B155-9330-4D87-B3B0-37F0CE88E211.jpg

3B0F3022-7DAA-4635-A235-F40355853225.jpg

0DF15651-D55B-42B6-A035-47C1A67AAC8F.jpg

Inside I have just gone straight from the bulkhead to the mega fuse as I still have the dash out. Once sorted I will wire up the cut off switch properly.

I got the window up and the engine started no problem on the battery. I unplugged the air bag control unit and it still ran ok. Then I went totally daft and cut the loom that went down to to the air bag control unit and OBD2 as the GEN2 ECU doesn't use the OBD2 anyway. Now the engine wont run. I plugged the clocks in to see what was going on and the STOP light was on the dash. Other things worked like the blowers but the central locking and electric wondows dont work either. What a d*ck! I even tried putting the wires back together but I have decided it was a silly thing to do but am just glad I have another loom to play with and this time do things more carefully! lol

7AA4EA96-6A9D-4832-ADEF-6F491D4D76CD.jpg

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I always enjoy reading your thread Mark. I'm going to do the same with a battery through terminal. What's that lovely great big crimper you've got for your battery cables! I need one :)
Do you have the EPAS wiring already there like I found in mine? would save you some effort if you did.
One more question. Does that block on the positive battery terminal fit in that big cable connection box? I've got one but haven't fitted it yet.

I always enjoy reading your thread Mark. I'm going to do the same with a battery through terminal. What's that lovely great big crimper you've got for your battery cables! I need one :smile:
Do you have the EPAS wiring already there like I found in mine? would save you some effort if you did.
One more question. Does that block on the positive battery terminal fit in that big cable connection box? I've got one but haven't fitted it yet.

I am not sure if I have Epas wiring but I will have a look as that would be handy.

The crimping tool I bought was this from eBay and only £18. Its actually the same as the one I have at work offshore:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400770370584

As for the last question I don't fully understand what you mean but I snipped the original cable that goes from the starter to original battery terminal. The other cable that originally goes to the battery already has a crimp on that fits in the connector block with no problems.

Fitted a 2 Liter oil breather tank too. Most people seem to use a Mocal but they seemed very expensive so thought I would try my luck with a cheaper alternative. Hopefully this will pass the MSA scrutineers.

BFEF2AF4-213E-44FF-8FC8-41AB59D539E9.jpg

The hose looks out of place though so will look at replacing that.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
If you do have it then all you have to do is add a wire from the bulkhead connector to the fusebox and then it's also ignition controlled without any splicing. I'll take some piccies when I'm home.
Thanks for the link; I'll get that as after driving to the place and paying them buying the tool is a better investment.
Yes my wording wasn't brilliant. I meant the block which is on the positive terminal of the battery in the engine bay. Does it fit in the connecting block? Pic should help.
Photo%2027-03-2015%2016%2026%2043_zpsfuftb1fo.jpg