ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

T4RKO 172 Cup

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Car is gunna be good when all do mate. Did you ever get to the bottom of your wiring starting issue?
I've got a similar issue but all I've done is move the obd port lol

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
The feet are not supposed to be like that it is from shipping.
Mine came with one foot bent and when I spoke to Mark about it he said just straighten it with a adjustable spanner but it takes the shape of the arch when bolted down anyway so not much of a issue.

Is there a reason that you have left the sound deadening/tar panel behind the rear door cards?

Just not got round to it yet. It's a pita to remove so I have been doing other things that have more results for little time. I will have to get a heat gun and just spend some time removing it all sometime.

Car is gunna be good when all do mate. Did you ever get to the bottom of your wiring starting issue?
I've got a similar issue but all I've done is move the obd port lol

I think it's to do with the pink and white twisted wires. All mine went daft when I removed the OBD port too! I just ripped the lot out and going for a full custom race loom now.

Fitted the bonnet yesterday but forgot to post it:

B600649D-02DC-472D-A7C6-296F22238D53.jpg

Not on any catches yet though just the hinges.

Making good progress mate! Splitter looks good, what make is it? You have a date which you're hoping to be track ready by or not?

Making good progress mate! Splitter looks good, what make is it? You have a date which you're hoping to be track ready by or not?

Thanks.
The splitter is CMComposites.
Not got a date in mind as it's going to be slow going as funds have dried up due to an unexpected tax bill so just going to tidy up the interior and get the labour work done that shouldn't cost much money. No rush as I have an other car as a run around.

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Well it rained last night! The drivers seat is now soaking. lol

Anyway I managed to get the battery wired up this afternoon.

37A3B155-9330-4D87-B3B0-37F0CE88E211.jpg

3B0F3022-7DAA-4635-A235-F40355853225.jpg

0DF15651-D55B-42B6-A035-47C1A67AAC8F.jpg

Inside I have just gone straight from the bulkhead to the mega fuse as I still have the dash out. Once sorted I will wire up the cut off switch properly.

Where did you get that bulkhead terminal? I Can't find one lol

Been doing lot at home with the land this time of year and looking after the animals. Not to mention buying and selling some motorbikes and preparing a road trip to Assen Moto GP but the car is coming on a little too.

Gen90 ECU sold and DTA ECU bought which has released some funds to have the engine loom built.

We have also started fitting the roll cage but a out of welding gas.

992F5CE5-F449-48C0-8037-BC2FDE8A5C64.jpg

1143232F-B676-48E0-B3C8-798BB1078A58.jpg

6DEA86E2-7E3B-43F6-99B8-76A7B44DC571.jpg

25409ACA-99AD-4B4A-B82A-C032D509A618.jpg

5537F577-06E4-443F-AE07-5F1976C0FF98.jpg

Now they are tacked in I am just waiting for more gas and my dad to come back and weld it all in before prep for painting.

Not been playing much with the car over the last month or so. Awaiting the engine loom and ECU but there is still plenty I could be getting on with if I get the time and motivation.

Got a new toy recently which is taking priority at the moment. Went to the Moto GP at Assen last month on it:

6365E679-26C7-4364-989C-6E9EBDB6E2D0.jpg

Alongside my dads GSXR 750:

7954016C-EC88-4C68-A477-10723BD18EEA.jpg

And we stopped off at Amsterdam on the way home:

C7E630C3-D89A-40AA-84C2-4EEA0C2AF825.jpg

Sorry there is no Clio updates!

Yeah not been updating for a while. The main reason is because I haven't really done much worth updating. Lack of money mainly and it's also a busy time of year on the land in the summer. I have done some bits though and took one or two photos.

The Beardo

ClioSport Club Member
  Kangoo 182
Did you ever fit the acewell dash as I'm toying with buying one and wondered what it looked like in a Clio dash and if it's any good?

Did you ever fit the acewell dash as I'm toying with buying one and wondered what it looked like in a Clio dash and if it's any good?

No I never got it fitted as there was a change of plan. It is still brand new in the box if you were interested in buying one at a discounted price. ;) I looked at the wiring and all seemed simple enough.

Well this project is dead now. I still have the shell and a few other bits but the rest has been sold off. I have now bought a Stage Rally 106 that I will be competing in for 2016 and the 182FF which is now my daily and road rally car.

3BBCD17B-EA37-47F6-8A95-C6265F654C14.jpg

S4 B5/Passat/Clio172
I know the project is dead, but might be useful to someone one day.

Wiring issue, I did the exact same as you, cut through all the wiring for the airbag ecu, obd port, and all airbags, tried to start and car did nothing. No windows, hazards, wipers etc

I bought a new section of loom and soldered it in, still the same, turned out it was 2 fuses that had popped, most likely when I cut them.

The first being 5amp central locking fuse, once I changed this, I got central locking back, car would turn over for a split second. Second was hazards, which strangely is connected to the immobiliser, changed this and it seemed better, immob light doing its thing, but still not turning over properly, quick check and battery was dead, jump leads on and fired straight up