ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Just purchased a low mileage 172 CUP

172 CUP / MG4 XPOWER
Hi all, back in a 172 CUP after 16 years, really is the one car I wish I had never sold. Managed to find a completely unmodified example, with great history and only 19K on the clock.

Attachments

• CUP 15.jpg
    CUP 15.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 207
  • CUP 16.jpg
    CUP 16.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 212
  • CUP 6 MILEAGE.jpg
    CUP 6 MILEAGE.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 196
  • CUP 5.jpg
    CUP 5.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 189
  • CUP 18.jpg
    CUP 18.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 197
  • CUP 17.jpg
    CUP 17.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 191

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Time warp condition that.

I’d probably get that detailed and the entire motor PPF’d.

Very nice mate, good to see there are still relics out there.

172 CUP / MG4 XPOWER
Thanks for all the positive responses guys, I’m really pleased with it, I know it was expensive but it felt like it was now or never with the way good examples are disappearing and personally even at the money I paid no other car would give me as much pleasure driving it at that price point.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Thanks for all the positive responses guys, I’m really pleased with it, I know it was expensive but it felt like it was now or never with the way good examples are disappearing and personally even at the money I paid no other car would give me as much pleasure driving it at that price point.
Completely agree. It will hold its value, no doubt about that. Lovely car.

172 CUP / MG4 XPOWER
Cheers Gus, I really just wanted it, early days I know but can’t imagine selling it, made that mistake once already.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Crazy to think i bought mine for 8k - 18 months old with 20k on the clock

Would love another

ixell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup phase 2
If I move to Brazil I will have to sell mine which will kill me, to ship a car to Brazil it must be one year old or 30 years old, crazy rule

Attachments

• IMG_3332.jpeg
    IMG_3332.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 51
  172 CUP / MG4 XPOWER
What kind of stuff have you owned in between the two cups?
Well I sold the first CUP as I was getting a company car and have had one ever since, they have been a Vectra estate, Insignia, A3, A4 and currently a Toyota CHR, you can probably see why I have missed the CUP so much 😂

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice!

I had a browse on autotrader last night and noticed quite a few low (as in sub 50k) mileage 1*2's. I consider mine pretty low at 66k and i've been doing less than 3k per year so i guess people have been basically locking these away.

Oh and welcome to CS!

Nobby87

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 cup
Very nice!

I had a browse on autotrader last night and noticed quite a few low (as in sub 50k) mileage 1*2's. I consider mine pretty low at 66k and i've been doing less than 3k per year so i guess people have been basically locking these away.

Oh and welcome to CS!
Mines in 57k now. I considered mine low until I've now had a look at some of these examples!