ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Goodwill gesture - Thoughts

Hello People!

Ive been in touch with Renault and the dealership who sold me my car about 5 months ago. Basically the car was 11 months old and bought under the Renault To Go approved scheme. When it was it delivered the interior was covered in cigarette ash, baccy and fizzy drink residue. There were some parts of the interior trim falling off and the carpet didnt fit properly. The glovebox lamp didnt have a lightbulb, so I put one in and discovered the reason - the glovebox didnt shut properly and it stayed on all the time. Minor irritations but for a supposedly thoroughly inspected car I was disappointed to say the least!

I rang the dealership and after a bit of toing and froing they agreed to put the things right - which happened eventually.

Anyway, I wrote a letter to Renault Customer Services, telling them, about what happened. They have eventually got back to me and the dealership is ringing me back tomorrow morning to discuss a "goodwill gesture"!

When I spoke to them earlier and the subject came up I had no idea what to ask for? Cash? Money off my next dealership bill?

Has anybody been in a similar situation or have any thoughts?

Thanks for your help

--Paul C

ICE'dberg MK2 172

I had many problems with the 172 I had ...A new one Mat!! ;) It was an import so only covered by 12months warranty at the time, although they all come with 3years now!!:mad: I negotiated the additional Renault 3 year warranty and the first service free. Got vouchers to the value of £150 so could spend them on anything Renault.

Take no crap off them and dont accept anything they offer initially, I ws offered £45!!!!