ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 Cup blower help needed !!!

ex-Chinese Dave

ClioSport Club Member
I picked up a 172 Cup last week and I was told the blower was not working. The seller had a blower from another Cup and told me that it must be the blower unit itself as he'd checked everything else. This morning I removed the blower from the car (what a f****** tw*t of a job that was, wipers off when they didn't want to, metal panel in front of blower off, two nuts snapped on the blower itself and I haven't yet got my new socket set so was making do with a pile of sh!te tools!!!). I fitted the supplied blower and guess what? Nothing happens.

What am I missing? Could the supplied blower be knackered too? (both blowers motors spin freely) Is there a way to test it without a volt tester?

Any help welcomed.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I presume you’ve checked fuses for yourself instead of taking the previous owners word for it just to rule it out?

ex-Chinese Dave

ClioSport Club Member
I presume you’ve checked fuses for yourself instead of taking the previous owners word for it just to rule it out?
I took the panel off this morning, went to get a brew and completely forgot. Just drove to my parents to watch the game and found the panel on the floor. Schoolboy error. Will check later (insert face palm)

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
This is the resistor location.
IMG_3724.jpeg

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

ex-Chinese Dave

ClioSport Club Member
All I can say is “FFS!”

Took the cover off the fuse box and checked all the fuses. Then I noticed this little friend sat as it is in the photo. I plugged it in and guess what?
IMG_8972.jpeg

ex-Chinese Dave

ClioSport Club Member
Why would that yellow plug be sat like that? Was the original fan dead and the previous chap has unplugged this ready for the new fan to be fitted?