ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

T4RKO 172 Cup

Ah that's what I thought you were talking about. No it wont fit in and I snipped it just above where your red circle is. The two cables that join to one that you have your finger on do fit though without having to snip or crimp.

I've seen so many people fall foul to the complex loom wiring on the Clio.

I think I made the mistake of thinking the OBD2 port wiring and Air Bag control unit wouldn't be needed at all and I could cut the whole lot out. Seems I was wrong. Lol. I will just just the loom from the other car rather than mess about reconnecting wires on this one. A wiring diagram would be handy if anyone knows where I can get one?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I think I made the mistake of thinking the OBD2 port wiring and Air Bag control unit wouldn't be needed at all and I could cut the whole lot out. Seems I was wrong. Lol. I will just just the loom from the other car rather than mess about reconnecting wires on this one. A wiring diagram would be handy if anyone knows where I can get one?
A lot of the wiring is canbus mate so it makes it harder to cut and remove stuff. @nath&alex will be able to let you know where to get wiring diagrams from mate. I've got a few but not sure they'll be of any use.

Hottest day of the year so far on Friday at 18 degrees and now this today!:

DE62F7F2-4DDF-4094-8FAD-D2E3AAD4F93D.jpg

Total nightmare. Swapped looms over only to find they are different. The connector blocks are different for the rear loom for a start, it still won't run despite maintaining the original Can box and stuff and it now has an ABS warning too. Took that look back out and will put the original in again tomorrow and go from there.

In the mean time the Gen90 ECU is for sale as I plan to go fully stand alone and make a new loom without all this silly nonsense.

nath&alex

ClioSport Club Member
A lot of the wiring is canbus mate so it makes it harder to cut and remove stuff. @nath&alex will be able to let you know where to get wiring diagrams from mate. I've got a few but not sure they'll be of any use.
Hi @TarkMalbot I see Mark @NorthloopCup has pointed you in my direction :) I have a lot of wiring diagrams for the ph1, unfortunately I don't really have anything for the ph2. Have you tried eBay? I managed to get a genuine wiring diagrams book for the ph1 recently

nath&alex

ClioSport Club Member
I'm going to rip the lot out and just have a push button to start it and that's it! Lol

TBH mate I've been thinking of building my own loom and going standalone. However it means going from a minimal budget to spending big ££££s. I am more than capable of making my own loom, but there is the cost of the new ECU, Dash2, mapping etc!!

But for sure it has to have a push button ;)

Argh that is annoying. I just refitted my dash today, wasn't tooooo bad. I came close to cutting my loom back too but I'd seen a few horror stories, so I pulled it up over the back of the dash bar and it's all coiled up where the airbag used to be. Lucky escape I guess!

TBH mate I've been thinking of building my own loom and going standalone. However it means going from a minimal budget to spending big ££££s. I am more than capable of making my own loom, but there is the cost of the new ECU, Dash2, mapping etc!!

But for sure it has to have a push button :wink:

I'm running a Gen90 ECU at the moment so hoping to sell that and then have some cash to buy a DTA 40 or something and some loom parts.

Argh that is annoying. I just refitted my dash today, wasn't tooooo bad. I came close to cutting my loom back too but I'd seen a few horror stories, so I pulled it up over the back of the dash bar and it's all coiled up where the airbag used to be. Lucky escape I guess!

That is interesting. I am sure I could get mine to run if I knew what was required. What did you leave connected? Is the air bag control box still connected up and what about the side impact switch things?

nath&alex

ClioSport Club Member
That is interesting. I am sure I could get mine to run if I knew what was required. What did you leave connected? Is the air bag control box still connected up and what about the side impact switch things?

I can give you the airbag diagrams for the ph1 if that will help? PM me your email address. I managed to remove the airbag bits and pieces with just the haynes manual info though with just taking my time

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I have all the wiring diagrams for the ph2. I've recently stripped my dash loom and everything is working perfectly. The best bet is to know what each plug is, trace it back through the loom, use the wiring diagrams and remove the unneeded wiring . The canbus network are green wires and they all come together about a foot up the loom from the OBD2 port.

I totally unwrapped the loom, cable tied to make sure the correct spurs were kept and then removed the wiring. I re-wrapped using 19mm non adhesive loom tape. Relocated the 12v socket, obd2 socket and hard wired the EPAS into the fuse box and rest of loom.
Few pics of how I did mine.
excess airbag wiring
6449E860-C49E-4353-9169-553FE0DF591C_zpsgp1oilbg.jpg

Required wires going into airbag ecu
6A209234-0090-4FED-B953-8CCFE6C566A1_zpsuklpn0h2.jpg

cable tied up loom
B48AFC49-E8D8-43A7-B125-FEEC899CCF11_zpsdbhbop67.jpg

Part wrapped loom
91B1C908-D2CD-4BC8-B3AA-BDDC0BC263A9_zpspezeohpz.jpg

fully wrapped
37DADEE3-2C15-4C7D-9CD9-6DE30021440D_zpsjsmti9bv.jpg

hard wired EPAS
9CF95D0E-B2C9-4641-9BC7-35C29674C3ED_zpsuxoyrkzu.jpg

I unplugged the air bag ecu and the side impact things. My plan was to use RS Tuner to turn the airbag light out, but that isn't possible. So decided to accept the light, cut nothing, and bundle the loom out of the way. If I was racing I'd maybe chase the weight, plus I'd love a nice tidy loom, but for now tucking it out of the way will do me!

Thanks for that info. I cut the loom going down to the air bag ECU and OBD2 port which is what started my problems. I unplugged the air bag ECU and the engine still fired up so thought it would be ok to cut. Obviously not! I will have a closer look at your photos and my loom. If you could send me the wiring diagrams that would also help a lot.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I have all the wiring diagrams for the ph2. I've recently stripped my dash loom and everything is working perfectly. The best bet is to know what each plug is, trace it back through the loom, use the wiring diagrams and remove the unneeded wiring . The canbus network are green wires and they all come together about a foot up the loom from the OBD2 port.

I totally unwrapped the loom, cable tied to make sure the correct spurs were kept and then removed the wiring. I re-wrapped using 19mm non adhesive loom tape. Relocated the 12v socket, obd2 socket and hard wired the EPAS into the fuse box and rest of loom.
Few pics of how I did mine.
excess airbag wiring
6449E860-C49E-4353-9169-553FE0DF591C_zpsgp1oilbg.jpg

Required wires going into airbag ecu
6A209234-0090-4FED-B953-8CCFE6C566A1_zpsuklpn0h2.jpg

cable tied up loom
B48AFC49-E8D8-43A7-B125-FEEC899CCF11_zpsdbhbop67.jpg

Part wrapped loom
91B1C908-D2CD-4BC8-B3AA-BDDC0BC263A9_zpspezeohpz.jpg

fully wrapped
37DADEE3-2C15-4C7D-9CD9-6DE30021440D_zpsjsmti9bv.jpg

hard wired EPAS
9CF95D0E-B2C9-4641-9BC7-35C29674C3ED_zpsuxoyrkzu.jpg
I stripped my loom back with no wiring diagrams :cool: lol! Must've just got lucky! :wink:

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I stripped my loom back with no wiring diagrams :cool: lol! Must've just got lucky! :wink:
You're just pro! I didn't actually use them until I knew I made an incorrect snip. I then used them to wire up the EPAS warning light on the dash and make sure the EPAS was on the correct fuse in the box. Simples.

Had enough of this wiring lark now. I attempted to run the standard loom again and connect everything back up including as above following the photos. The biggest problem I had is that there are lots of black wires and didn't know what was what. Now every time I put the ignition on it does something different with all sorts of relays clicking in the engine bay.

I have decided to strip the whole interior now to bare shell and then weld a cage in, seat frames and then spray the whole interior.

Custom race loom with bare bones. Either with the Gen90 or something else if anyone wants to buy the Gen90 or swap.

Due to being offshore and lack of funds there isn't really much to update but I have been doing a lot of thinking, planning, organising so things should be progressing slowly soon.

After messing up the wiring loom I was unable to go down for mapping as planned on the 18th so this will just have to wait.

I have a road trip to plan down to Cononley to pick up my bonnet from CMComposites and then on to North Wales to pick up some other goodies. ;)

My previous bike spraying sponsor owes me a favour so he will spray the bonnet Blue to match the rest of the car. I considered wrapping and other colours but decided to call in this favour and keep the bonnet blue and I might do something on the roof to cover the aerial hole.

I have decided on a race dash that will keep the indication road legal and a circuit wiring module so once the shell is prepared and painted I will start the wiring. Sorry I have no photos but thought I would give a little update.

And for those of you who like the animal updates here is the incubator set up in the loft which is currently housing about 100 eggs which will be hatching over the next 3 days.

11150572_822009401223104_2082479384127651592_n.jpg

And here is Dora the Explorer who is our bravest and inquisitive hen. Up to no good as per usual showing me that my efforts to separate the pens is inadequate! I think she might just do it so she can Sh*t on the other side! lol

11148817_824614690962575_318074364835228634_n.jpg

Oh and we now have Cows at Lads Lodge! We are making it into a Business. At the moment we are making a loss as we are buying in a lot and investing but this will offset my ridiculous 60% tax I have to pay on the offshore job!

This is Bill & Ben the Aberdeen Angus:

11150195_10155423344425542_4166196653319510391_n.jpg

10430053_10153236652014158_4372644681594873090_n.jpg

You may recall the fence I built last month. Well that was to keep these two in. :)

Are you going to eat them?

I am unlikely to be eating these very ones but someone will one day I would imagine. Our plan is to buy them when they are young, feed them full of grass to bulk up for 8 months and then sell on for a profit before they need to live indoors for the winter. They are worth about £1000+ each by the end of the year so hoping to make enough money to buy 3 or 4 next year and carry on like that.

Just realised I never put a photo of the HT leads re-routed and the the Throttle cable cut down to a better length:

8D9DD3BF-2C5C-4F98-9327-1FFFD14A5D9E.jpg

This was before the battery relocation obviously.

It's a shame your not local to me mate, otherwise I'd have come up and had a look at the wiring. I know these looms very well!

Thanks for the offer. I sometimes wish people were closer for buying and selling of parts and services. Hopefully meet people at an organised track day or something one day.
I am happy to get rid of the original loom and although its a shame having the Clio off the road I know it will be so much better when I have the shell sprayed and a custom loom. A major step into turning it into a proper race car.