ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting build on a 182 Track Weapon!!

182 ff with cup pack's
your clio really took shape nice and quick.

just a quick? about the toyo's whats the size your using and were you get them from?

thanks callum

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
The car looks great barring the plates.

How did you fare against the S2 Elise? I had a dabble today and expected to get wasted but he can't have pulled more than 2 car lengths on me over a couple of bends and up to 120ish.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good Ricky!

Are you planning anything with the fog-light holes? Cooling ducts for the front discs, perhaps?

How does the racing blue colour fare against the usual debris thrown up on track? It looks ultra-clean on the later pics - does it look proper grubby afterwards? ;)

D.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Great thread, just read through it all.

Wish i had the spare cash to do something like this :)

Evo IX GT, 172 Cup
Thanks guys.

I deal in tyre's myself so getting my hands on a set of toyo's isn't to hard!! They are well worth the money for the difference in performance over a road tyre when the car is in track use as mine is. Quite soft tho so don't expect too many trackdays out of a set of front tyres!!!

Will eventually get round to getting a set of clio racer brake ducts for the front fogs, that'll maybe be the next mod!!

A good clean after a trackday and the car comes up as new again.

Camber adj helped yesterday a big lot on the track, very sharp on the turn in and holds a line as the power is fed in again. We had a nice mix of motors at the track yesterday from a 1.1 pug 106 to a 911 GT3 and all the usual mix of westies.
The clio wud be easily the fastest hot hatch there taking into account all your Honda's, Pug's, Vauxhall's, VW's etc. Also very little of you higher bhp saloons could post a quicker laptime other than maybe EVO/STi but there'd only maybe be a cople of seconds between them with a similar gap to std S2 elise. The fastest motors on the track by a long way are the bike engined westies and some of the Exige's.

Will post a couple of pics of the motor with the Team Dynamics on, managed to melt one of the centre cap's yesterday so I only have half of it left!! Maybe a yard or 2 to late on the brakes on a couple of corners!!:)

Leon Cupra 300
My mate had a S2 Elise (now swapped for an R26) and it didn't really have much over mine, his was only the std car i think 120hp???:S He had more in 1st and 2nd but then he kicked his ass :D

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
My mate had a S2 Elise (now swapped for an R26) and it didn't really have much over mine, his was only the std car i think 120hp???:S He had more in 1st and 2nd but then he kicked his ass :D

It would cream a Clio in the bends though.

Evo IX GT, 172 Cup
Yeah the clio wud be quicker round the track than some std 120/130bhp elise's but the 111s and 111r are a bit harder to sicken! I would maybe have more grip running on the toyo's than they would running on road rubber so braking and corner grip might be in my favour but I start to suffer a bit once we get onto a long straight.
But the clio pushed hard a 111r doesn't ever get a chance to pull much of a gap, and it's nice to see the anger on the face of a lotus driver getting out of his car in the pits and looking at the clio he failed to shake off or catch:rasp:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
i just sat down with a brew to soak all this up. what an awesome read!

You've done a top job there fella, well done.

(AlisOmega, i do sense a little jealousy ;))

ph1 172
Yea great read, youve done well there.

I might start looking into making my phase1 172 handle a bit better myself. what am i looking at price wise u reckon?

Evo IX GT, 172 Cup
To start with mate I can't speak highly enough of the Bilstein coilover kit so your talkin £700 there to start with, If you fancy an odd trackday the H&R camber adj bolts did improve the handling yesterday. Depends what your budget is tho, I think I went slightly over mine to be fair but sure everyone has their own way of going mad. Had only planned to keep the car till most of the trackdays came to an end this year then sell her but after all the work and effort I might just keep it another year.;)

Clio 197
I had far better results with the DS 3000 pads. I found the DS 2500s wore quickly and tended to shed the friction material entirely when they got a bit thin.

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Looks awesome mate, my car is off to mark fish on monday for track day preperations, i'll be posting a similar thread to this. Great read as well!

Renault Mégane 1.6e Hatch
Awesome, I like that a lot! Do you have any pics of it on track with the stickers? I quite like them, great looking car.

It doesnt look like you are running any negative camber on the fronts. Is that right or is it just the pictures?

Evo IX GT, 172 Cup
Ready for the upcomming trackdays!!

CIMG0429.jpg

CIMG0430.jpg

CIMG0431.jpg

Although the time has come to maybe sell the good auld 182 after the next couple of runs!!

Last edited:
  Mountune Tractor
That is lovely mate, absolutely gorgeous.
FPMSL at those who are slating little details, bunch of nobs.
I'm curious how much something like this would sell for?

(AlisOmega, i do sense a little jealousy ;))

Lol, seems that way. Ribbing The clueless chav's on here for abysmal spelling, grammar and punctuation is fare game but in this case why bother. Nice to see another member who's in to their car and putting it to use on the track.

Evo IX GT, 172 Cup
Another trackday went very well yesterday even tho it was at sometimes almost undriveable on track, flat out up to 5th gear we were getting wheel spin due to the standing water which all added to the fun. It did however dry up as the day went on and as ever the slicks made an appearance.
In the wet conditions from 10:30am right up to lunchtime break nothing and I mean nothing overtook me on the track, we were eating everything from nova's to m3's and from MR2's to exiges, I was very suprised at how well the clio went, handled and stoped on a flooded track. I don't think I've had a trackday where I had as much fun!!

A few pics
Copy20of20IMG_6647.jpg

Copy20of20IMG_6165.jpg

Copy20of20IMG_6127.jpg

Maybe I'll keep her now!!!:)