ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting build on a 182 Track Weapon!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Fantastic stuff, The wheels arent to my taste.

Whats the reasoning behind fitting the powerflex bushes?

Evo IX GT, 172 Cup
Wheels arn't exactly 2 my taste either but they were cheap and they'll do in the meantime. As I say would like a set of Team Dynamics on her eventually. There's 40k miles on the car so would have needed to change the bushes for a bit of track work anyway so went 4 the powerflex items to stiffen her up a bit, hopefully make her a bit more positive.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat
probably not the first person to say this, but after owning a clio race car myself, would it not been easier to just a buy an ex-clio racer for £8k and spend a couple of hundred quid getting it road legal?

Or did you want to do it al yourself?

M

mini-valver

Looks like a great project, definately rate the Team Dynamics wheels too. Light and take a battering!

Evo IX GT, 172 Cup
probably not the first person to say this, but after owning a clio race car myself, would it not been easier to just a buy an ex-clio racer for £8k and spend a couple of hundred quid getting it road legal?

Or did you want to do it al yourself?

Thought about doing that but fancied doin the work myself, plus I wanted a car which can be used as an everyday car if needed. Maybe a couple of years down the line once I've had my fun from this one I might go for a ex cup racer.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Thing is the cup racers take a lot of work to maintain I'd have thought, 'box rebuilds etc?

M2 Competition
You've same seats as me. For track use, id get a couple of the cushions from demon-tweeks. Would advise a lumbar support, and a wee cushion for your bum too mate.

Evo IX GT, 172 Cup
Finally the car's home, cam belt done and ready to start the hard work!! Got a lot of the interior removed today so first job is gettin the cage in, gonna make a start on that tomorrow so if I get a bit of peace to work on it hopefully it should be in this week along with the seats, harnesses etc.

Here's the wagon in all her glory, gonna go for sum decals once all the work is taken care of.

Image003.jpg

Evo IX GT, 172 Cup
Been a busy week so getting time to work on the motor was difficult but things are starting to take shape.

Cage sitting in the car for a dry fit just to check everything, all looked fine so the mounts will be welded in this comming week. Also got the steering wheel stuck on!!!
Image004.jpg

Poly bushes, engine mount, bilies, brembo disks, DS2500 pads and goodrich lines all fitted.
Image012.jpg

Image013.jpg

Image021.jpg

Image022.jpg

Image017.jpg

Cage mounts, oil cooler, strut brace and decat pipe should be done this week then just waiting for the ecu to come back from GDI.

Evo IX GT, 172 Cup
Hard work, long hours and no wife!!!;)

She's taking shape nicely now, the big push is on for a trackday in a couple of weeks!!

Lux'd Glacier White R26
^^ Colour? This 182 is going to be superb!

I bet it had a fairly easy life prior to you picking her up...Lol.

Tys.

Evo IX GT, 172 Cup
Yeah mate it looks a nice tidy well cared for motor, It'll still be well cared for but maybe driven slightly harder!!:cool:

Anyway got the decat pipe fitted today in about 10mins, must have been the easiest and most straight forward part of the whole build so far!! Also got the oil cooler, sandwich plate and braided oil lines fitted...
Image024.gif

Should have taken a photo once the lines were in place but sure you get the idea!!

Comming near an end now, just the cage brackets to tack into place and bolt in the seats and harnesses. Ecu should also be back in theis week.

Evo IX GT, 172 Cup
Comming very close now. Just have the cage to finish then bolt in the seats and harnesses. Might drop the ride height another few mm but I don't want it to low. Also need to set the alignment gear on her to see whats what.

First trackday of the year is growing closer!!!:cool: :cool:

Image006.jpg

Image001.jpg

Image002.jpg

Image000-1.jpg

M2 Competition
Should be able to run the ride height a fair bit lower than that dude, its for pure track work yeah?

Remove the engine cover too, doesnt do anything ;)

E90
Great thread mate, nice to see a car on CS being used as a car and not a polished ornament on the mantlepiece

Evo IX GT, 172 Cup
Got myself a a set of these bad boys for the track, now this is what i've been looking for from the start!!
Image017-1.jpg

Image012-1.jpg

I'll get them stuck on the car this week and take a few good higher res photos now that she pretty much complete.
First trackday in a week, Nice timing!!!:cool:

Lux'd Glacier White R26
I'm not completely sold on those wheels, but i suppose you have them to serve one purpose only, which is not to look good!

Nice rubber on them as well!!

Tys.