ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting build on a 182 Track Weapon!!

Evo IX GT, 172 Cup
Got all the bits ready for the big transformation. Recently bought a 2004 Racing Blue 182 Sport which should be home any day now and all the bits are ready to throw at it!!!

Quick run throught the projected plan.
  • Stripping complete interior including all seat belts and airbags(which will be for sale)
Then we'll start fitting all the goodies...
  • OMP 6 point cage (Undercoat and ready for 86F Subaru Cool Grey)
  • Cobra Monaco seats and subframes
  • Sparco 4 point harnesses
  • OMP 300mm Steering wheel and boss
  • 60mm steering wheel spacer
  • Powerflex bushes on dogbone mount, wishbones and anti rollbar
  • OMP front strutbrace
  • Bilstein PSS B14 coilovers
  • Brembo high carbon content discs
  • Ferodo DS2500 pads
  • Goodrich braided hoses
  • BMC carbon filter
  • Decat exhaust
  • Matched inlet manifolds
  • Group n ECU (GDI)
  • Mocal 13 row oil cooler
  • 6.5*15" rims with Toyo R888
Some pics of the parts to get us started. I'll keep adding pics at each step of the build for a bit of craic. Any words of wisdom from anyone on possible do's or don'ts would be welcome!!!

Image000.jpg

CIMG0239.jpg

CIMG0237.jpg

CIMG0235.jpg

CIMG0234.jpg

CIMG0233.jpg

CIMG0232.jpg

CIMG0231.jpg

CIMG0230.jpg

CIMG0229.jpg

Milltek'd 182
blimey! you have some work to do lol. yea oil cooler is worth it for a track sl*g!! should be nice and quick once done:D

Evo IX GT, 172 Cup
Spent almost too much!!!

Fitted the same oil cooler setup on my previous 1.9 205 pug and it droped oil temp on track by 10-15 oC so I thought I'd give it another chance!!

106 GTi
Looking forward to seeing the progress on this one - should be a good trackday toy.

Evo IX GT, 172 Cup
Gonna do all the work myself, have to try and save some money on the project!!;)

Billies were £700 off Andy and Mark at GDI (great to deal with and know their stuff)

Only other addidition i'd make at the minute would be a set of H&R camber adjusting bolts. Might relocate the battery in the boot as well.

182 ff with cup pack's
that sound's like it's going to be a real weapon now get it built quick!!!!! :D

Evo IX GT, 172 Cup
Soon as I get her home (should be end of the week) she's off to have a cambelt kit fitted just to be on the safe side. Then we get the real work started.
Spraying the cage it's final colour tomorrow so fingers crossed for that!! Toyed with the idea of painting it the same colour as the car but thought something along the lines ot the Trophy/Cup wheel might be sweet, so there's 1/2 ltr of Bebeer's finest awaiting the cage in the morning!!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Looks like a nice one, Hope all goes well. (Good for my first post here in almost 1 year)

looks really good mate, keep the piccies coming :)

and let me know what difference those braided hoses make. i'm thinking about getting some for myself.

Tangoed Works
very nice, would love to do this to mine. need a few bits for my 182 interior wise will keep and eye on the fs section

182 Trophy & Megabusa
great list of mods, will be an interesting one to follow.

Only thing i would change is the ds2500's, get some pagid blues on there or if it is purely a track car, ds3000's or pagid blacks.

Evo IX GT, 172 Cup
Hi all

Got the cage painted and laquered today and I must say it turned out better than I thought it might, real b**ch of a thing to paint tho!! looked like a monkey climbing in and out through bars for an hour and used about 3/4 ltr of paint!!

Here she is...
CIMG0244.jpg

CIMG0243.jpg

CIMG0242.jpg

Well what about the colour then????????:cool:

And the all important wheels. Was gonna go for a set of Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 but the price put me off. Picked a set off these guys up for £130. Will do in the meantime but would still like a set of Team Dynamics.

CIMG0246.jpg

CIMG0247.jpg

Hopefully the look good aganist racing blue

Yeah mate the braided hoses made a big difference on the pug when fitted them so should firm up the pedal just the same in the clio, I hope!!!

Interior will be up for sale in the next couple of weeks as the car is confirmed 2 be here this weekend so after the cambelt change should be into the stripping straight away.

Yeah mate was gonna go for the pagid's but had DS2500's in the pug and liked them so just stuck with them this time. Might try something different next time. Have you tried the DS3000's yourself or the pagid's? Any comments on either???

O, and the front fogs are comming out to make way for brake cooling so they'll be up for sale soon too.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
£130 for the wheels?

Looks great mate, would love to do something like this, but alas, I'm still a student, lol.

Good luck.

Will enjoy keeping up with this thread.

Lionel Richie
with that suspension on chap you'll need to be between ET42 and ET45

you're paint work looks top quality, i take it thats your profession?

M2 Competition
Looks good fella. Nice work on painting the cage, was it from the omp shop on ebay? How are you planning to weld/ bolt it in?

I was told the b14's are the same as h&r's, not sure from looking at that pic though.

Anyone (aka fred) confirm that for me?

Evo IX GT, 172 Cup
They're et40's but can change them if needed anyway. Paint looks good but no that's not my game at all, I'd give anything a good go at least once!!

Evo IX GT, 172 Cup
Welding the brackets onto the floor then bolting the cage to them. Cage came from Prima Racing, had to wait on it a while but it got here eventually!!