ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Starting build on a 182 Track Weapon!!

182 Full Fatt!
Slam it! On those wheels you really need the Cup Race stance!
Great colour though and the wheels will look superb!

It really wants a good clean up though, the wheel arches and the engine bay are very dirty!
If it's a track machine it should be spotless!

182 Full Fatt!
Dont slam it.

Wheel travel is always important.

On track? It's not a rally car! :headno:

Having said that I read you want to use on road regularly, so it has to be practical
Trouble is it barely looks Cup low, let alone track biased! I see you are using springs at the rear which has set that though, so mebbe just drop the front a bit more?

Last edited:

F&B

16v>Cup>25Anni>Cup>320cdM
Any pics on the process of mounting the oil cooler? Would be interested in seeing how you went about it.

Thanks

Evo IX GT, 172 Cup
Mounted the cooler to the bottom of the cross member in front of the radiator then ran the oil lines up beside the passenge side chassis leg and across to the sandwich plate location. The 13 row complete with lines fitted perfectly between the cross member and the plastic guard which is attached to the bottom of the front bumper.

Heres a few pics of the finished project before the first big day. We'll take the first day as a bit of a test day and see what other wee odds and ends might need attended to. Hopefully all goes well and we have no major problems, been rallyin rounds the roads at home to check as much as possible before I head off to the track. Still have the inlet manifolds to send off to Angelworks for a bit of a rework but I run out of time so that'll have to till we get the first trackday over.

CIMG0254.jpg

CIMG0255.jpg

CIMG0256.jpg

CIMG0257.jpg

CIMG0259.jpg

CIMG0261.jpg

CIMG0269.jpg

Hope she looks this well after the trackday!!!:)

M2 Competition
Like the wheels, look good. Id go around 20-30mm lower than that mate.

Is your exhaust falling off??

Can you not drive it to the track?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
looks cool.

i think to save some extra weight you should swap your xenons with my standard lights to be honest mate.

i'll even include a pair of silver visions!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
looks mint, but whats going on with the gash number plates and the rear exhaust is not hanging right, looks low and sticking out to much.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
Soon as I get her home (should be end of the week) she's off to have a cambelt kit fitted just to be on the safe side. Then we get the real work started.
Spraying the cage it's final colour tomorrow so fingers crossed for that!! Toyed with the idea of painting it the same colour as the car but thought something along the lines ot the Trophy/Cup wheel might be sweet, so there's 1/2 ltr of Bebeer's finest awaiting the cage in the morning!!
who supplied the cage mate?omp how much?does it come with weld in door bars?

M2 Competition
Soon as I get her home (should be end of the week) she's off to have a cambelt kit fitted just to be on the safe side. Then we get the real work started.
Spraying the cage it's final colour tomorrow so fingers crossed for that!! Toyed with the idea of painting it the same colour as the car but thought something along the lines ot the Trophy/Cup wheel might be sweet, so there's 1/2 ltr of Bebeer's finest awaiting the cage in the morning!!

Have a look on ebay mate, lots of omp ones being sold off on there.

MKIII 138
great stuff !

but couldnt you have bought a MKII clio clio cup race car used for £10k with sequential box, lsd etc.. 0-60 in 4.2 0-100 in 10.5

Evo IX GT, 172 Cup

Hi mate, Bought it through Prima Racing and yeah it's an OMP cage which comes with the brackets to weld to the floor at the bottom of the B pillar. Comes with doors bars as well which i will probably fit at some stage once i source a set of above mentioned carbon door cards as the original cards will have to be removed.

Will probably keep the 182 this year then I really fancy an ex clio cup racer for next year, but one step at a time!!;)

Some track photos will follow!!!

Evo IX GT, 172 Cup
Had a few trackdays over us now and the 182 is performing great, We're pushing a lot of car we shouldn't even be thinking about!! Had 1 trackday in pouring rain and I don't think we were overtaken all day!!

Anyway we're out on sunday again and this time with H&R camber adj bolts fitted so I hoping for even better things this weekend!! Also got a few decals which I'm told adds 10bhp:cool:

Some pics of the latest....
CIMG0384.jpg

CIMG0385.jpg

CIMG0386.jpg

CIMG0387.jpg

CIMG0388.jpg

Shhh
i think the stickers make it look tacky.

I see it as 2 options.

1. You strip it, 1.2 bumpers, standard wheels etc. make a sleeper, lose the stickers, badges, get 1.2 badges etc.

2. You go all the way with the stickers.

BTW - People know its made by renault, and its a sport by the badge on the back, i doubt you use elf oil it in too..

Evo IX GT, 172 Cup
The good old trusty Team Dynamics with the Toyo R888's will be on this time tomorrow nite. Yeah just use the std 182 wheel for a bit of road driving.

Shhh
Also, why got for a 182 and strip it, why not a 172 cup, and change the manifold etc.

Not much between the 182 & 172 otherwise, apart from about £3000 cash.

Evo IX GT, 172 Cup
i think the stickers make it look tacky.

I see it as 2 options.

1. You strip it, 1.2 bumpers, standard wheels etc. make a sleeper, lose the stickers, badges, get 1.2 badges etc.

2. You go all the way with the stickers.

BTW - People know its made by renault, and its a sport by the badge on the back, i doubt you use elf oil it in too..

Tacky or not it's a track car so it suppesed to be a bit of fun.

1. Not interested in making it look like a DCI so I can blow of Saxo drivers.
2. Don't want it to look like the cover of Radio Times.

And yes it's just had 4.5 ltrs of Elf's finest for the trackday.

Few more of the clio and other tidy machinery!!

100_4350.jpg

ive been round the Nurburgring in that exact car... :eek:
Irish chap owns it, who's a bloody good driver. Scared the s**t out of me round the 'Ring... before the rear suspension collapsed on him with Steve in the car!

img_1655.jpg

Evo IX GT, 172 Cup
Few more of the clio and other tidy machinery!!

ive been round the Nurburgring in that exact car... :eek:
Irish chap owns it, who's a bloody good driver. Scared the s**t out of me round the 'Ring... before the rear suspension collapsed on him with Steve in the car!

Freeky!! Yeah the Exige's and the Westfield's are the only thing on the track that seem to pass you like your stoped. Hopefully he didn't damage the car in the process?? Must keep an eye for him at the next trackday and have a chat.

Deja vu 182
Really nice car , would love to do a track day in my car . Just need to get a bit more confidence in its reliability :)