ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scottish CSS & FCS Thread

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
So now that CSS details have been announced here and FCS details being released here who is interested in going to one, the other or both.

Please add your name to the below lists, even if its just a maybe at the moment.

Cliosport Saturday

1. Djw John
2. Djw Dave
3. Fraser.J. (maybe)
4. Danny
5. Gaz Maher
6. Gally (Maybe)
7. arg_carra (Probably)

French Car Show

CSS starts at 1030, will most people travel down on the Sat morning or the Sunday?

And remember, there's going to be another PFC day at Knockhill this year so even if you can't make it to either there will still be a more local national meet that we can all get to more easily.

Cheers
John

Last edited:
  RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I won't be going to any of them. I don't understand why organisers can't have them more central.

Untill they make an effort, I won't.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Is FCS worth going down to?

Not really.

Its the banter with the lads that makes the day IMHO...not FCS itself. There are some freebies, but I wouldn't say it was the best. Much prefer CSS as you can put faces to forum names and see people you've not seen in a while. I didn't go to the last one at Bruntingthorpe but attended the ones in Rockingham and also Donnington.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Tend to agree with oor Gaz, should be more central.

we did make the effort to hit silver stone one year for RWS though...!

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Tend to agree with oor Gaz, should be more central.

we did make the effort to hit silver stone one year for RWS though...!
Yeah, we made the effort to go to Silverstone and tbf, we had a cracking weekend.

FCS just doesn't do anything for me. They should host it @ Knockhill next year and we'll see how many Southerners start crying.

182cup & 172 racecar
Its the banter with the lads that makes the day IMHO...not FCS itself. There are some freebies, but I wouldn't say it was the best. Much prefer CSS as you can put faces to forum names and see people you've not seen in a while. I didn't go to the last one at Bruntingthorpe but attended the ones in Rockingham and also Donnington.

Wasn't saying don't go, just I don't think it's worth the travel down, but that's me.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Wasn't saying don't go, just I don't think it's worth the travel down, but that's me.

Tony...we're taking over Scotland here...I am saying that it isn't the best show, but its us lot who make it what it is. Without people you know or can talk to...its a bit s**t. With people you can have the banter with...its excellent

Tony...we're taking over Scotland here...I am saying that it isn't the best show, but its us lot who make it what it is. Without people you know or can talk to...its a bit s**t. With people you can have the banter with...its excellent

For enough people to go it needs to be reasonably central, not at one end of the country.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Worse thing is that Mark (Mr. FCS) is from Scotland (or at least is Scottish through birthright. Surely he would have thought more about the Scottish contingent with regards to location. I just wonder though if people didn't turn up...would they consider a location change for next year?

Mark messaged me on Facebook after a comment i made. By the looks of it they were struggling with locations/cost. Cant blame them really, but its still to far south!

Cant get any other members to join me Tony haha, might make the trip down by myself, will decided nearer the time!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
People don't like change, but they do get used to it.

Agreed that slap bang in the middle of the UK would tempt more of our Scottish members...

Mark messaged me on Facebook after a comment i made. By the looks of it they were struggling with locations/cost. Cant blame them really, but its still to far south!

Cant get any other members to join me Tony haha, might make the trip down by myself, will decided nearer the time!

Now we are leaving a day later in June I'll have a days holidays, so if you need a passenger I could be tempted!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
If i dont go to the ring this year i'd be interested in CSS..

Would people camp/hotel? I'd prefer to camp in honesty...

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Danny, ill be staying with family but looking at the main thread there's some folk looking into camping.

I reckon CSS will be the better attended one from us, would be good to have a few of us there

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Once the weans here ill be in a better place to commit to the weekend stuff, i'd really like to make the effort though. Try and persuade Gaz to come and snap my hand brake cable in a wet field. Again.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Steal the Prius and tow us all down at 600mpg.

The Prius is alright driving down to England it's the coming back as its uphill that sucks! Though I only managed 55mpg from Bathgate to Portsmouth I think it's a bit w**k and a diesel would be better but birds don't listen.

Lol tow with a prius you clearly haven't been in one x

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Once the weans here ill be in a better place to commit to the weekend stuff, i'd really like to make the effort though. Try and persuade Gaz to come and snap my hand brake cable in a wet field. Again.
I won't be going to either mate.