ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knockhill Trackday 21st April

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Lets get the track days started again, this is around the same time of year as last year and is less likely to be cancelled than all the Jan/Feb ones!

General details here http://trackdays.knockhill.com/car-trackdays.php

Prices have stayed the same as last year as well

TicketAdvanceOn the Day
Adult Entrance Ticket£10.00£12.00
Concession Entrance Ticket£5.00£6.00
Kids – under 12FREEFREE
Family Entrance Ticket – 2 Adults and 2 Concessions£20.00£30.00
Tracktime – Main Driver£55.00£65.00
Tracktime – Additional Driver£25.00£30.00

If we get enough folk coming along then I'll speak to Knockhill and try to get our own session just for Cliosport but this is very numbers dependant.

So who's in?

Going

1. Djw John - 172
2. Djw Dave - Johns 172
3. swede cup - Cup (I guess!)
4. Fraser.J. - 172
5. Adam. - Cup

Maybe

1. LiamR172
2. Neil a

Not this time

1. Gaz85 - thumb/forehead issues

Going but not on track

1. arg_carra
2. m26

Last edited:
  Cup In bits
You can put me down if the option is there to cancel, i'm never sure if i'm coming or going but if i'm home i'll be down in something.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I think knockhills cancellation policy is 3 days notice or something like that. Everyone will book their tickets themselves to keep it nice and simple!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Why dont we hire the track for a day? Plenty people so it shouldnt cost that much and we would have the track to ourselves? :)

Ill be there

Liam, be-tappd looked into hiring the track, worked out about 150 a head I think with a minimum number of 35 I think. Don't quote me on that but it wasn't cheap and the numbers were high.

It's a great idea but everyone would have to pay in advance to book the track and you saw what it was getting £45 out if people for the last go-karting!!

Aye to hire the track is around the 5k mark iirc so you either need a ton of folk or a few high rollers.

I might pop up for this

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Ahright.. didnt realise it was THAT much!

Depending on how the car/money is going in april i might pop down if anyone else will come from up here!

Maybe
1. Liam

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
I will be up for this if im not offshore, did my first knockhill of the year yesterday.

Cup In bits
Yeah thought that John, put me down on the CS list.

How was the car performing Neil? Any lap times, obviously you weren't racing ;)

TrackScotland hired the track for a full day and ended up about a £1000 out of pocket with cancelations, it kinda has to be pay up front and no refunds sort of deal to make it safe for the person booking.

neil a

ClioSport Club Member
The car was faultless for the full day we did 5 sessions of about 20/25 min each.
I didnt time any laps but my mate in his 106 was doing 1min7 and we were evenly matched around the track.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
I won't make it :dapprove: In Kelso at a wedding on the Saturday staying over bad times

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Your name is already on the list so you're committed now Gaz ;)

Lol!! I thought I could just leave from Kelso early but Ang wishing to spend Sunday down there so currently oot :dapprove:

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Tell her you're gonna take her on a mystery drive of the borders.

Lol it will be the corsa or Prius we will be taking if I'm not heading to kh straight from there so sod driving about lol

Cup In bits
The car was faultless for the full day we did 5 sessions of about 20/25 min each.
I didnt time any laps but my mate in his 106 was doing 1min7 and we were evenly matched around the track.

Not so bad then, 106's are capable little things with their little 1.6 engines.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Nah she is out so I got away with it haha. Id have been there if it wasn't for this wedding

Cup In bits
Anyone plan on doing the SIDC day on the 30th March. Runs from 9-1 and is £100 for members and £110 for non members.

Tempted by this myself.

H

HickiN

I usually go to the SIDC days with a few guys from the lotus forums, always good! find at the open hot hatch days there are too many chavs with their toys and just go mental / crash!

SIDC days seem to be a lot calmer - Been to a few of them.. 2 of which i drove and others i just spectated.. Should be there on 30th providing work refund my dental treatment this week!!

Get a list for that..