ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knockhill Trackday 21st April

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I have also just realised

Sponge had 2 trips into the gravel yesterday, i only had one, i just made it a little more fun.

​Give him some abuse.

Did he? Never realised! Dave and me both had the longest slides we've ever had yesterday, back end was pretty lively, even when not wanted!

Cool, will see you up there then Steven

I had so much fun in the morning when it was soaking on the AO48s. Definitely my best track day so far! So much fun to just get the back end stepping out and catching it back, feeling like a boss LOL

When it was dry I couldn't believe the grip, definitely loving the Semis. Can't imagine what slicks are like!!

I'd say I hope the weathers nice on Thursday but ill have just as much fun if its wet now :p

2 -1 iirc

frazer left his bottle in the pits when the track was wet

then he ruined me in the dry once

then he ran out of talent

Lol I ruined you in the dry twice! At one point you were behind me, when I was held up by the mondeo.

After my last wet track day I'm still a bit slow going, especially since I was on AO48s, and tbh I was having so much fun sliding about I didn't care about pace. When it was dry however you got f**king rinsed.

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
until you went offroad
FYI: staying on the track is part of racing therefore you got rinsed

Cup In bits
I believe when we were actually playing, you went off?

Sponge is just upset since he has 438s and can't beat me on the straights =/

If he kept his interior in he might of bad an excuse but...

lol try having a road tyres, brakes, full interior and a set of springs.

ps found that video, doesn't do it justice. Never got my detour on film either but did catch one if my big slides, videos to follow.

Cup In bits
4 pots have oem pads in iirc :rasp:

Can see myself throwing standard callipers on this week with 15" ao48rs and coming to show you how to drive on thurs ;) got the bug now. Jokes btw.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
nice catch there not doing my fear of duffus any good first track day coming up on thursday evening lol!

Cup In bits
Nice save, optimistic entry speed there!

You'll be fine Gaz. Probably.

Too slow IMO, unless your struggling to brake for Mcintyres you haven't got it right is what the racers say.

I am a karting master how hard can it be! hahaha (away to look out a copy of toca and go practise!)

You'll be fine, its best corner on the track with the chicane in 2nd.

Optimisic entry angle is optimistic.

Turned on the cone and that's early for some. The problem was far too high up the revs on the downshift for the rain causing the back to come around. That was the 3rd attempt, forgot to turn on the camera for the other two slides.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I take a different line from quite a few others and I'm always struggling to get it stopped in time for McIntyres.m Agreed, best corner there

Cup In bits
Trying to imbed videos, hopefully this works

[video=youtube_share;5_NDaYTmwHQ]http://youtu.be/5_NDaYTmwHQ[/video]

Last edited:
  Cup In bits
haha I haven't looked under my car yet from going through the gravel.

​I have you on video leaving half the chicane at the hairpin, you have just found the other half.

Cup In bits
Here's that video you wanted Fraser with your little hop through the chicane. My tyres are gone by the 3rd lap

​[video=youtube_share;8UvvTrmMMRA]http://youtu.be/8UvvTrmMMRA[/video]

Cup In bits
Aye it feels a lot worse inside the car, my car was never straight through the first 3 corners, better tyres needed. You got any footage from chasing me that session?

Cup In bits
8:10 Fraser doing some track re development at the hairpin.

[video=youtube_share;JRktu9WsUQQ]http://youtu.be/JRktu9WsUQQ[/video]