ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RRday 2013

192'd BG 182 FF
I know this is really late notice but i live about 30 seconds away from this so is it alright for me to come along? I don't want to run my car etc, just come along. Thanks :approve:

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I know this is really late notice but i live about 30 seconds away from this so is it alright for me to come along? I don't want to run my car etc, just come along. Thanks :approve:

No mate, you're not allowed! ;)

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Missus reckons that as men have had a steak and BJ day, they should have a chicken and lickin day!

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Missus reckons that as men have had a steak and BJ day, they should have a chicken and lickin day!

Lol that's brilliant.

Mad I mentioned before I don't have my car so unable to arrange the meet at the services. Seems I'm going to head in with Amie even earlier as she's working.

RB 182
Me and Matt are going top pop down nice and early, I wont stay too long as I have a house viewing to sort out. I will be in the track car even though the idle issue hasn't been resolved :(

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Good old Matt...leaving me to arrange the convoy again!

So will get to Frankley South Services on M5 to leave there for 8:10. Will see you there if I get my arse outta bed in time! ;)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Yep all done, alternator + new bracket, both belts, dephaser, water pump, injectors, HT leads, sump gasket,
it does rev better with the delete kit and it seems to unload a hell of a lot faster in first and second,
tomorrow will be it's first proper run after being reborn. :D

Will be interesting to see what power it makes after all that work,
it made 151 atw last time.

Bloody hell Dave new car then lol.

Yeh it should run loads better this time. Shall be good to see what sort of extra power is extracted from the aircon delete , as i may remove mine;)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
The broken alternator bracket had rattled so much it had smashed the air con pump to f*ck,
so it was entirely ornamental and needed to come out.

It's in the best condition it's ever been, car feels like new now. :cool:

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Good old Matt...leaving me to arrange the convoy again!

So will get to Frankley South Services on M5 to leave there for 8:10. Will see you there if I get my arse outta bed in time! ;)

Sorry mate, would give almost anything to be there for the convoy in my own car but it's not going to happen :(

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'm gutted I can't make this. If I can get up and away in time then I will try and make it. Can't promise anything though x

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Haha nice one dan. Thought I was bad. I could not sleep last night so have had about 3.5 hours :(
Plus I set my alarm for 6:45, that was bad enough but then at 6:15 Amie wakes me up in a bit if a panic as there's a spider!!!

Better have bacon butties as she's using all my milk too for her cereal lol.

WRX
Won't be there early guys, got to take my wife to get her arm checked at hospital. Been up half the night, hope to see you later depending on the outcome sorry.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Wayne can have my place if he wants it. Just woke up and I feel so rough :(

You should have seen it on the dyno, it was horrendous! Coming down in the revs it was wobbling so badly!

Anyway, pretty much everyone was down 1 or 2 hp, I think a couple of people went up, but all in all a good days run!

Matt i would say there is something else causing the drop in power?? What did they say. About the calibration process etc? Why did they not run again at the end? Bad imo.

So 2 out of 3 running k-tec induction kits was up on power

Their excuse was that because all 3 of my runs were so similar that it wouldn't be the heat, but they had already done 4 previous runs when calibrating it which meant the air intake was 40C higher than everyone elses!

Doubtful that hot air intake alone would lose me 9bhp (but maybe possible?), but I'm coming up to 70k so sparks etc need a service (though oil + coolant done yesterday)!

Tbh I still made 146 so it's still exactly the same as everyone elses so I'm not fussed, but I knew they'd fob me off at the end! I'm pretty sure that wheel wobble wouldn't have helped though!

Cup, Lude & Z
Shame that is mate, saw you were abit gutted :(

Good to meet folk, nice bunch.

Very pleased with the Cups results today not bad bacon buttys either.

Trophy #240/R33 GTST
I wouldn't worry about it too much mate. If your plugs were a little fouled. If it was slightly warmer then you may have lost a bit. Have you pulled the power off your car and reset the ecu to lose any adaptions? May not have adapted right to the new intake. Plus 146 is nice and healthy!

Was a good day cheers for organising Matt! I must admit I didn't particularly feel the fans they had going were up to the job. My car got really rather warm on there! Nothing like the kind of temps i see out on the road. Just to go boost leak hunting tomorrow! Fingers crossed I find one!! :)