ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Easy mods to boost Clio 1.2 power ?

Clio 1.2 2013
Hello. I have a 2013 1.2 Clio, bought for my kids to learn driving but also to learn mechanics with the kids. Any thoughts from experienced members what would be the best thing to mod to boost the engine up a bit?

Clio 1.2 2013
honestly? nowt but noise. fire some laughing gas through it, 25bhp shot (y)

unless its a 1.2 turbo then you can remap it for more power
Lol, I can just imagine my kids with access to a Nitro button!!
But, remapping sounds interesting as it’s a basic petrol 1.2 no turbo.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
when I was 17 I bashed the internals out my cat, cut out the insides of my airbox to improve air flow and fitted a panel filter and cat back exhaust, it made 80 something bhp at a rolling road day - used to go quite well for what it was! especially with all the weight stripped out it and an absolute weapon behind the wheel 🤣

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
I remember asking this question when i first joined this forum so i will give the same reply i got

get a 182/172

Clio 1.2 2013
Just start saving for a performance car now and focus on getting that first year no claims under their belt. Waist of money otherwise.
Yes that’s a good idea and good advice, thank you. It’s the insurance that stops me being anything else. Track days are not an issue since we just take the MG ZR 160 🤣