ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Riggers' Track Fiesta ZS...

been playing moving ecu to glovebox instead of passenger footwell, and some other things, and now it wont start...

think its the starter motor which has gone at the same time just by co-incidence, tried all the usual stuff of hitting it with hammer, different battery etc...just needs to bump it to confirm its ok apart from the starter!

JDM Dc2
must be a long drive ;) lol

lo was only an hour away but went to show jord on way home...

been playing moving ecu to glovebox instead of passenger footwell, and some other things, and now it wont start...

think its the starter motor which has gone at the same time just by co-incidence, tried all the usual stuff of hitting it with hammer, different battery etc...just needs to bump it to confirm its ok apart from the starter!

Yep yesturday decided to relocate the omex from the passenger footwell to the glove box, started ok when i didmthat to make sure it was ok, then just cleaned all the interior, stripped more out the put my buckets in and fire extinguisher...

now it wont start for some reason, the lights come up on the dash and after the fuel pump buzz's turn the key and absolutely nothing happens at all, checked the fuses the hazards was blown but that didnt sort it...

ha lol glad to hear its nothing serious :)

dont say that it aint sorted yet, a mechanics coming out about 2ish and jon from shawspeed maybe coming out to check all the wires around the omex and ecu area...

Spoke to chris (whos car it was) and he said that he changed the starter motor only 2 months ago so might not be that yet...

BTW fookin love the car when it was running lol, fast, handling is spot on and popping flames is all good ;)

have you tried jumping it off another car yet?

both batteries could be flat. hook it upto the micrabomb while its running and see if it turns over.....the starter solenoid wont even engage the motor if there isnt enough power in the battery

JDM Dc2
have you tried jumping it off another car yet?

both batteries could be flat. hook it upto the micrabomb while its running and see if it turns over.....the starter solenoid wont even engage the motor if there isnt enough power in the battery

you got any jump leads... do you mind coming round in abit say 1ish as ill be home then (at college atm)

got loads of jump leads, even got some in the car already. but 1. its pissing down, 2. im at haydock lol

Its supposed to brighten up later, if you aint sorted it il come down

JDM Dc2
got loads of jump leads, even got some in the car already. but 1. its pissing down, 2. im at haydock lol

Its supposed to brighten up later, if you aint sorted it il come down

Oh right, ill give you a ring in abit then, or you just give us a ring when your home or when your leaving haydock...

JDM Dc2
once jord sorts his car out hes comin mine to try and jump start it...

Well since the interior was shabby to say the least, i got started on removing the rest of the plastics, sound proofing, air-bag control unit, put the omex out of the way in the glove box and tideied up all the wires around the ECU area, gave it all a hoover then put my fire extinguisher in and buckets...pics...

Before -

Image026-2.jpg

Image032-2.jpg

after the tidy up -

Image041-2.jpg

Image042-2.jpg

then i set about seeting up a temproary catch tank lol, red bull can FTW, or Kick or wthatever its called, and tie-wrapped the filter to the fuel rail as the rails in the way of the base plate lol

Image043-2.jpg

Image044-1.jpg

Image045-1.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't get the can thing. Never have.

Going to remove the rest of the sdp in the back?

JDM Dc2
Plans for it (lots)...

My sparco buckets and sabelt harnesses - Done
My cat-back - Fitting weekend
Black sunstrip - Fitting weekend
New clutch release bearing
Pipercross filter - Fitted temprorary
Mocal catch tank - Temproary tank made for now
Mapped at track n' road
Smoked headlights
Needs a service
Air horn
Remove fog lights - Removing later
Paint calipers red
OMP full cage in red
Towing eyes and stickers - Fitting later, waiting for the stickers in the post
Re-locate battery
Fire extinguisher - Done
Silver door handles
More strippage and tidy up interior - In the process
Laguna splitter...

Watch this space as this list will change daily...

53 Clio's & counting
looks nice mate im sure its something simple, am i right in thinking if the Omex doesn't have X amount of voltage that it wont operate? Could be a fooked battery, and if the power supply is too low the Omex wont work?

JDM Dc2
looks nice mate im sure its something simple, am i right in thinking if the Omex doesn't have X amount of voltage that it wont operate? Could be a fooked battery, and if the power supply is too low the Omex wont work?

yep, someone told me that earlier over on ZSOC...

Earths sorted?

yep, all i did was removed the earth for the pre-tensioner as i cut the wires out already...

jordan cant make it tonight so im off to my dads in abit to get the charger, is 8 hours enough to let it charge overnight??...

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
yeah but why not just buy a set of jump leads for a tenner? lol?

You can have mine for free lol

JDM Dc2
yeah but why not just buy a set of jump leads for a tenner? lol?

You can have mine for free lol

well since im seeing my dad later anyway, ive asked him to bring the charger out with him... so ill stick it on overnight, so 8 hours is enough or not too much??...

jump leads, where abouts in cheshire you from??

Homo spec mazda
surely its much easier to jump it then charge the battery, just so you can get an answer now.

I (heart) ben_p

Homo spec mazda
:rasp:

Like i said, just jump start the mofo and use it as god/chris/shawspeed intended.

Much more fun then leaving it on charge.

Im more then happy to come down and even it out by sitting in the driver seat.

Btw ben, if you remember me telling you about a bodied fiesta..... its this one.

JDM Dc2
Penketh mate, U in at 6.15? Ill bring em and u can jump it off my golf

im goin out at about 6ish mate, like i say no rush anyways as the micras much more sufficient the a un-mapped ITBd ZS lol, thanks anyways tho mate!!

will get it on charge later when i get in...

JDM Dc2
:rasp:

Like i said, just jump start the mofo and use it as god/chris/shawspeed intended.

Much more fun then leaving it on charge.

Im more then happy to come down and even it out by sitting in the driver seat.

Btw ben, if you remember me telling you about a bodied fiesta..... its this one.

lol not when i think about the petrol money, even tho its money well spent just lifting off at 2k and non stop poppage haha

Homo spec mazda
ooo hmm ye, okay if your picking me up.

clios maybe going up for sale.

got that meet on the 21st too

and clumber park is on the 28th, but i cant afford that

JDM Dc2
ooo hmm ye, okay if your picking me up.

clios maybe going up for sale.

got that meet on the 21st too

and clumber park is on the 28th, but i cant afford that

yeh ive not forgot about sunday lol, cba goin clumber park...

what you thinkin of getting after the eggy mk3??

Homo spec mazda
in talks with mummy and chris about a mk7 ZS

if i can get insured id like a twingo RS.

Or a EK civic with a b16 (thats a 1.6 jamie)

Homo spec mazda
our names are on the list ****.

I think ben should lend me some of his millions so i can get a clio 200

Homo spec mazda
mate watch the video of the 200 hounding the focus rs.

Id love a clio 200, i will at some point own one.

Homo spec mazda
i will not stop spamming your thread. End.

atleast the clio isnt due to rust within the next few years.

JDM Dc2
battery is on charge atm, when i get home from work tmoz hopefully itll be reet and start again fingers crossed, might have to add a volt meter gauge to that list of plans lol

JDM Dc2
Well charged the battery and then put a mulitmeter on it, read ot 13.6 volts... so follwed that we (me and f0xy) tried to start it, failed so then we checked all the wires, fuses and relays, then decided to give it a go and bump start it and
sorcerer.gif
it came alive...

So then we brought it back home with plenty of pops and bangs scared a few people on the pavement haha, and now everythings off ready to fit a new starter motor tmoz, hopefully will find one for a reasonable price then itll all be reet...

Then i removed fogs and radio and fitted my towing eyes and stickers, and put a new exhaust hangar on for now as it was rubbing the bumper...

Image003-20.jpg

Image004-19.jpg

Image005-13.jpg

then did a little more strippage today then fitted my red dash surrond and removed the fog lights switch...

Image001-14.jpg

Image000-11.jpg

need a new fuse box cover and side mirrors cover thingies as chris didnt keep all the stuff he stripped out...

hopefully gonna get a new starter motor tmoz, then change my cat-back over from my other ZS :D

A good read and top efforts so far with both cars! Not a fan of the red surrounds though, a bit 1997 imo! More pics and a vid required please!