ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Riggers' Track Fiesta ZS...

JDM Dc2
Got bored so thought id post up my car seeing as ive been on here a few days posting now and i already know a few people so...

Its a Mk5 zetec s, which i bought last february totally standard...

Heres the full spec and my plans over the next 6 months or so...

Engine;

• Re-Built 1.6 16v Zetec SE (at 110.5k 2650 miles ago).
  • New clutch, cam belt, fan belt, water pump, all filters and battery,
  • Polished & skimmed head,
  • Piper 285 fast road cams,
  • Collins powerchip,
  • Milltek 4-2-1 manifold,
  • Milltek hi-flow sports cat,
  • Piper cat-back with mid-silencer removed, 3.5" rolled out tail,
  • K&N universal air filter with samco induction hose,
  • Heat shields & cold feed pipe with trumpet,
  • Pipercross oil breather filter,
  • FSE power boost valve with silicone vacuum pipe,
  • Denso iridium spark plugs,
  • Magnecor HT leads,
  • Ecotek valve,
  • Run on tesco 99 octane.
Exterior;
  • Laguna front splitter,
  • Single wiper conversion,
  • Bonnet raised,
  • Smoked headlights & side repeaters,
  • Ford towing eyes with stickers,
  • Smoothed boot handle,
  • Black sun strip,
  • De-badged & de-wipered boot lid,
  • Removed bump strips, front grill, rear arch linings, spare wheel & jack and fog lights.
Chassis;
  • 16" team dynamics pro race 1.2s in gloss black,
  • G max -40mm springs,
  • Dot 5.1 brake fluid,
  • Uprated brake shoes,
  • Painted drums black and calipers red.
Interior;

• Stripped (carpets, rear seats, sound deadening, door cards and inner door skin, radio and speakers, head lining, plastics) and re-sprayed,
  • Sparco sprint 5 buckets with runners,
  • Sabelt 3-point harnesses,
  • Fusion fabrication bolt-in half cage powdercoated red,
  • Flocked dash lightened with painted heater surrounds and black heater panel,
  • Battery in the boot,
  • OMP steering wheel,
  • OMP footplates,
  • Fire extinguisher,
  • 8 ball gear knob,
  • Richbrook tax disc holder.
Power -128.4 bhp @ 6200rpm, 132.2 lbs ft. @ 4600rpm, in 3rd gear with the piston riongs and valve stem seals gone. It produced 119.4bhp @ 6400rpm, 118 lbs ft @ 4100rpm in 4th gear at RST in leeds. Should be around 130-135 bhp now with the chip on!

Weight - 896kgs with 1/4 tank of petrol, lost 80kgs from standard.

135bhp and 896kgs = 150bhp/tonne!

The future mods are;
  • Toyo T1rs (205-45-16),
  • Powerflex polybushes allround,
  • Black diamond drilled and grooved discs & EBC Greenstuff pads - got the pads just need the discs,
  • AP coilovers,
  • Puma gearbox with a Shawspeed lightened flywheel,
  • Samco coolant hoses (red),
  • Uprated coil pack.
When tyres, brakes and bushes are done then trackdays at oulton park!!

heres just a couple of things ive been upto over the past 3 months or so...

had a crash on valentines day -

Image011.jpg

Overtakin 2 vans and a car on the A49 on the way back, got past the 2 vans then the car decided to put its indicators on to go right, so i slammed on, locked up did a 180, bumped up the kerb and slammed into a fence, damaged the front wing, side skirt, wing mirror, rear quarter panel, front grille, needed a new rear beam, needed a new tire and trackin doin, cold feed trumpet snapped off
sad.gif
, or well sh*t happens, gotta love the steely
smile.gif

then there was a rolling road meet at Rs tuning and i was having alot of trouble through pumabuild with my chip si i had to run with cams and no chip or map...

Image019.jpg

Image039.jpg

Rather disappointed with the result as were everyone else apart from the standard cars, happy with the smooth curve tho, but ill say it again when i get my chip the power should keep goin UP... lol

119.4 bhp @ 6400rpm, 118 lbs ft. @ 4100rpm at the fly.
96.5 bhp @ 6400rpm, 96.5 lbs ft. @ 3400rpm at the wheels.

They were defo runnin LOW! didnt help that the cars were run in 4th gear instead of 3rd.

heres a pick on the M62 on the way home...

070320092161.jpg

Then started stripping out the soun deadening...

Image005-3.jpg

sprayed up -

Image006-6.jpg

Image008-1.jpg

to be continued...

JDM Dc2
continued...

just a quick pic from a meet at the end of march...

Image023.jpg

then a few days later finaaly got my chip...

Image003-7.jpg

It feels alot quicker now, especially in 2nd and 3rd
smile.gif

When it was on the rollers at RS tuning it revved to 7100rpm cos of the standard limiter was removed and ready on the chip which was fault and this is my replacement, now it bounces off the standard limiter at 6800rpm
shifty.gif
smile.gif

Quick one of the front end -

Image001.jpg

At oulton park with a mate with a standard ZS -

Image020-5.jpg

Then a few days later i decided to get rid of the headlining, door cards, radio, spare wheel...

Image000-6.jpg

then attacked the doors with a grinder -

Image001-1.jpg

All sprayed up with new handles -

Image002-1.jpg

to be continued...

JDM Dc2
continued...

a few pics which f0xy taken at a local meet -

IMG_27151.jpg

IMG_27121.jpg

Then came a flocked dash which a mate was selling for half the price for which id pay to get mine sent away :D... its ultra light as he stripped out all the matal supports and plastic brackets so now i cant have a radion anyway, also adam anderton sprayed my heater surrounds for me aswell (cheers adam)...

Image007-10.jpg

Image002-3.jpg

quick clean and polish -

Image002-4.jpg

Image007-12.jpg

and last week i relocated my battery...

then removed some of the aircon (rad and all the pipes) how the bay looks without the pipes (alot better) -

Image004-16.jpg

Image000-9.jpg

to be continued...

JDM Dc2
continued...

only got the new side skirt since the crash 2 weeks ago -

damaged one -

Image004-5.jpg

new one -

Image003-16.jpg

Then last weekend i re-located my battery...

After removin the battery and filter -

Image002-9.jpg

then bodged up the wire temporary till i could get hold of some conduit and cut the battery mount off with a junior hacksaw lol then snaded it down and painted -

Image006-12.jpg

then i got some conduit of f0xy )cheers jord) -

Image001-10.jpg

in the boot -

Image002-10.jpg

thats basically it for now, oh i cut this earlier for my dash as the switches were never wired up not even in my mates car...

Old fake carbon fibre with un-wired switches compared to the new 2mm aluminium
smile.gif

Image000-10.jpg

hopefully jordan will rivett it on for me tmoz... cba sprayin it so might just get some kool stickers for it...
biggrin.gif

W

Willy

Liking this alot! :) got a soft spot for these. Not sure about the tape on your lights though!

JDM Dc2

every modded car on the day at RS tuning were ALOT lower than expaected but all the standard-ish cars got more than expacted!??

apparently in dyno shoot outs dyno dynamics are meant to run cars in 3rd gear not 4th, at pumabuild on their rollers (dyno dynamics aswell) in 3rd gear it made 128bhp and after the re-build it was 9 bhp less? thats defo not right so next time when i go on the rollers im going to go awesome GTI in irlam as thats where i went fdirst when i just had my exhuast and filter and it made 115bhp, which isabsolutly spot on, so next time in a couple od months ill go backj top awesome and it should be between 130-135bhp...

JDM Dc2
tbh im not bothered about bhp, more bothered about 0-60 and 1/4mile times, they'll be getting done soon as i plan to go down to santa pod for 'run what yer brung' in the near future and ford fair in august they have a 0-60 strip :D

172 Race Car
Nice work so far. Ive read the puma 1.7 inlet manifold can help improve torque. Altho if it was me id be dropping a 2.0L Duratec in there

Lionel Richie
generally speaking 4th gear on "most" cars is as close to 1:1 ratio. If you run in 3rd gear you are giving a false reading

basically if you want to impress people you "cheat" and run the cars in 3rd = naughty

not true in all cases, and some rolling roads do things differently, but it does go on on legit RR's, as the owner of the car you should find out what gear offers as close to 1:1 drive ratio and then hence question the operator

JDM Dc2
Nice work so far. Ive read the puma 1.7 inlet manifold can help improve torque. Altho if it was me id be dropping a 2.0L Duratec in there

cheers mate;), yeh i would love an FRP inlet but they cost a bomb, one is going for 650quid on ebay atm... i could get hold of GSXR bike bodies with a inlet manifold for 150quid of a mate, but not payin about a grand for management and mapping...

2.0 duratecs, i love one of them aswell haha, ALOT of modding and fabricating to make that happen tho, theres only 1 person on ZSOC who has had the balls to do it...

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
Does the engine really run that hot that you need the bonnet raised, or is it just for show?

JDM Dc2

yeh im sure... thats not a FRP inlet... thats just a normal puma 1.7 inlet and there alot of work for them to fit and you get NO gains with them, if anyone has one on their 1.6 its just for look as when painted they come up mint!!

Does the engine really run that hot that you need the bonnet raised, or is it just for show?

no it just helps get rid off the hot air, i had no problems before i fitted the raiseres plus i think it looks kool!...

They the same as the Racing puma ones though?

nope... this is a FRP inlet -

Photo00721.jpg

JDM Dc2
the inlet is now on 1,010quid on ebay, fookin ridiculous, how can anyone justify that price just for an inlet plenum, crazy!

JDM Dc2
couple more pics...

buckets and harnesses this pic was ALONG time ago as you can see still have the door cards in lol -

buckets.jpg

also my manifold and sports cat -

manifold.jpg

Image006-2.jpg

when i got the piper cat-back fitted last summer -

newpiper.jpg

when it was on the rollers for the first time last september, made 115bhp and 111lbs ft. with just the manifold, sports cat, cat-back and filter, bang on! :D -

rollers.jpg

the graph from when it was on the rollers at pumabuild the day i had my cams fitted with no chip or map it made 128bhp and 132lbs ft. :D, now with the chip on the power should keep goin up no go flat after 5300rpm, as the peak power from these cams is around 6500rpm...

Image000-2.jpg

172 Race Car
sorry I didnt read your first reply properly. I wasnt sugesting getting an FRP inlet just a normal 1.7. Ive read that it doenst gain you power just mid range torque

53 Clio's & counting
liking it alot fella, iv always had a soft spot for the ZS, when the VW lupo came out i went on the launch day, and we got to rag a few cars around,and one of the cars to compare the lupo with was a brand new ZS, and i thought it handled superbly

JDM Dc2
sorry I didnt read your first reply properly. I wasnt sugesting getting an FRP inlet just a normal 1.7. Ive read that it doenst gain you power just mid range torque

like i said theres alot of work i.e fuel rail and its not worth it tbh

liking it alot fella, iv always had a soft spot for the ZS, when the VW lupo came out i went on the launch day, and we got to rag a few cars around,and one of the cars to compare the lupo with was a brand new ZS, and i thought it handled superbly

glad you like it :D, yeh there renown for the handling and not power, but mine handles like a piece of sh!t atm, cos when picked up a rear beam from a salvage yard the bushes have gone and with budget tyres and the ABS not working its rather scary when pushing it, like at the EVO triangle the other week...lol

JDM Dc2
Like the engine bay picture. Looks alot tidier than standard.

In standard form the ZS engine bay always looks messy, wires all over the place.

ive tidied up as much as i can, as i said ill get some pics up, here they are...

before i removed the battery and air con pipes and rad -

Image007-1.jpg

Image003-1.jpg

and how it looks now :D

Image001-11.jpg

Image002-11.jpg

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Bonnet raisers do the opposite of letting air flow through. Air pressure at the base of the windscreen is equal to air pressure at the front. The pressures under the bonnet equalise and flow slows.

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
Bonnet raisers do the opposite of letting air flow through. Air pressure at the base of the windscreen is equal to air pressure at the front. The pressures under the bonnet equalise and flow slows.

And they make your car look broken! I thought this practice died out with RS Turbos.....

;)

If your engine runs hot, fit bonnet vents.

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
Your car, you do as you please.

Remember, opinions are like arseholes - everyone has one.

:cool:

53 Clio's & counting
def need the suspension sorted out fella

Also have you thought of a cold feed system for the air filter?