ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

F82 M4
I'm going to try it with the K&M first in 1st person, if I do decide to use the 360 pad I will be keeping it constantly in 3rd person view.

Nothing at the mo :(
I have read that if you enter a dungeon it auto locks the level of the dungeon to the level you first enter it at.

So, if you go to a Dungeon at level 5, leave and go back at level 25, the baddies inside will be level 5, not 25.

Ok, But that can't be possible otherwise i wouldnt of smoked them instead of getting my ass handed to me.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
MYXBL: Is the auto-leveling system from Oblivion that leveled enemies alongside your character returning in Skyrim? If not, will there be a modified version, and what informed the changes in the design?

Todd Howard: We’ve always had some amount of that in our games, from Arena to Fallout 3. You do need some in a game like this, it’s just a matter of how and when you do it. It’s clear Oblivion had places it didn’t work well. That’s something I think we addressed well in Fallout 3, so Skyrim works similarly to Fallout 3. We want peaks and valleys, where sometimes you’re really challenged, and other times you feel really powerful. The trick is telling a player in a wide open game, without locking stuff off, that “this area is too hard for you, come back later.”

Seems that it is there, but not to the same extent as Oblivion.

Nissan 350z
I wonder if that means your companion/merc scales with you as well? Would seem kinda silly if it doesnt to be running around with a lvl1 companion when you are level25.....

I belive they do Sargara. I think the reason they done it is so people can explore.. not having to the correct quests to level up

So if you wanted you could leave the starting town.. head west instead of east and still be able to survive and get quests there too

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Things I'm going to attempt this week

1) Get my Smithing skillz up
2) Kill every single last person in Riften

I've lost count the amount of people I come across without my Sword drawn but everyone wants a fight, I'm actually surprised when I don't have to kill someone . . .

100 smithing = Dragon armour!!

Also IMO smithing skill is to easy to grind up, should be a achievement not a 1 hour easy job

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
This is the result of me going head to head with a giant!

6347395261_ca5eb90cfd_b.png

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Got this now.

Are people installing it on the 360 or just running from disc? I've heard there are problems when installing with textures.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I think I'm in danger of sounding like a broken record, but f**k me the map is big and the environments are so atmospheric, EPIC.

Thought the Dark Brotherhood quests were awesome in Oblivion, hopefully will be good on Skyrim as well.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Parents are dropping my xbox and tv down among other things on Sunday so my Monday off will be mostly spent playing this. Yey!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Cleared a few awesome dungeons, killed lots of things, had a sabretooth sneak up on me (pwned it) and levelled my Smithing to 60 just by making iron daggers

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Got this now.

Are people installing it on the 360 or just running from disc? I've heard there are problems when installing with textures.

Scutch - just as a test, a m8 of mine at work said the textures looked much better on the 360 version when running from the disc? He couldn't see much in the way of impact on the game loading times either? Might be worth a try?

D.

Attempted to kill everyone in whiterun towards the end of this video.. didn't go too well. Was killed by a suprise bear too! Anyone sucessfully done it? Also wtf is with the goats wanting to go in the water :S

Last edited by a moderator:
  UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Started this last night and had a couple of hours or so. It certainly flies in, doesn't it?

So, what I did in that time :

• Chose to be a Nord as that's the route I felt most familiar with. Went away from looking like Sean Bean in Game of Thrones and chose instead to go for the Stone Cold Steve Austin look.
  • Escaped the dragon at the start.
  • Spent far too long exploring the dungeon with the other guy, taking what I needed and more.
  • Sneaked past the bear to increase my sneak level, then went back and slayed the bear with my two handed sword, increasing my two handed level.
  • Exited the dungeon.
  • Walked down the winding path for about 3 yards before deciding to venture off on my own, picking up several flowers and killing a bandit. Didn't kill her dog though.
  • Killed 4 wolves.
  • Shot a few arrows at a deer and missed every time.
  • Discovered Embershard Mine and fully explored it, killing the inhabitants and picking up the skill and spell books.
  • Found a house in the middle of nowhere owned by a witch called Anise. Stole her things while she was outside. Exited and was greeted by Anise, who had became hostile due to my thievery and summonded the spirit of a dog to kill me. Killed Anise. Stole her magic robes and potions.
  • Stabbed a bull.
  • Discovered the 3 standing stones and chose Warrior.
  • Discovered Riverwood. Chopped some firewood and sold it.
  • Spoke to Sven who asked me to pass on a letter to Camilla.
  • Got a quest off Camilla's father to find a Golden Claw.
  • Popped a basket/kettle on his head so he couldn't see and stole things from his shop.
  • Saved and went to bed.
Up to level 3 now. Much like Fallout 3, you can see the sheer scope of this game. Already I can imagine it to be much, much bigger. This is going to take up a lot of time. Really enjoying it so far.

The perks and leveling up is a little lost on me at the moment, but I'm sure that'll all become naturarl soon enough. Choosing to increase a level in something is very much like Fallout so quite familiar with all that, but I don't understand the Magicka, Health and Stamini choices as whichever one you choose goes to the same leveling up screen anyway.

Still, can't wait to get back on this now.

Nissan 350z
Question: Is it possible to reset/unlearn perks for a fee without having to restart a new character? Id like to change some bits around now that i have a better understanding of how i want to play the game which i lacked at the begining.

Question: Is it possible to reset/unlearn perks for a fee without having to restart a new character? Id like to change some bits around now that i have a better understanding of how i want to play the game which i lacked at the begining.

Massive +1!!

IF anyone knows please tell us :D Ive put a few in a catergory i didnt mean to and now taking the price :(

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Massive +1!!

IF anyone knows please tell us :D Ive put a few in a catergory i didnt mean to and now taking the price :(

I don't think it's possible.

You have to create a new character or revert back to an old save.

If you are playing on the PC you can use the command console to edit them.

F82 M4
Had a quick hour last night (as opposed to a slow hour?) and quite enjoyed it. Chose to be a Wood Elf 'cause they seam to look the most shifty, like a proper robbing little b*****d. Currently under the "High" settings on the PC with a couple of things put down, my HD 5750 seams to be running it quite well. No real frame rate drops anyway... yet.

F82 M4
Started this last night and had a couple of hours or so. It certainly flies in, doesn't it?So, what I did in that time :
  • Chose to be a Nord as that's the route I felt most familiar with. Went away from looking like Sean Bean in Game of Thrones and chose instead to go for the Stone Cold Steve Austin look.
  • Escaped the dragon at the start.
  • Spent far too long exploring the dungeon with the other guy, taking what I needed and more.
  • Sneaked past the bear to increase my sneak level, then went back and slayed the bear with my two handed sword, increasing my two handed level.
  • Exited the dungeon.
  • Walked down the winding path for about 3 yards before deciding to venture off on my own, picking up several flowers and killing a bandit. Didn't kill her dog though.
  • Killed 4 wolves.
  • Shot a few arrows at a deer and missed every time.
  • Discovered Embershard Mine and fully explored it, killing the inhabitants and picking up the skill and spell books.
  • Found a house in the middle of nowhere owned by a witch called Anise. Stole her things while she was outside. Exited and was greeted by Anise, who had became hostile due to my thievery and summonded the spirit of a dog to kill me. Killed Anise. Stole her magic robes and potions.
  • Stabbed a bull.
  • Discovered the 3 standing stones and chose Warrior.
  • Discovered Riverwood. Chopped some firewood and sold it.
  • Spoke to Sven who asked me to pass on a letter to Camilla.
  • Got a quest off Camilla's father to find a Golden Claw.
  • Popped a basket/kettle on his head so he couldn't see and stole things from his shop.
  • Saved and went to bed.
Up to level 3 now. Much like Fallout 3, you can see the sheer scope of this game. Already I can imagine it to be much, much bigger. This is going to take up a lot of time. Really enjoying it so far. The perks and leveling up is a little lost on me at the moment, but I'm sure that'll all become naturarl soon enough. Choosing to increase a level in something is very much like Fallout so quite familiar with all that, but I don't understand the Magicka, Health and Stamini choices as whichever one you choose goes to the same leveling up screen anyway. Still, can't wait to get back on this now.
I gave Svens letter to Faendal. He wasn't happy about it rofl! (I've got to look after a fellow Elf haven't I! :cool:)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Had a quick hour last night (as opposed to a slow hour?) and quite enjoyed it. Chose to be a Wood Elf 'cause they seam to look the most shifty, like a proper robbing little b*****d. Currently under the "High" settings on the PC with a couple of things put down, my HD 5750 seams to be running it quite well. No real frame rate drops anyway... yet.

Lol - loads of people have picked that - including me. I knew I should have resorted to type and kept as a brain-dead smash/kill/destroy type character. Life is much simpler that way. :)

D.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I gave Svens letter to Faendal. He wasn't happy about it rofl! (I've got to look after a fellow Elf haven't I! :cool:)

I believe if you side with Faendal he teaches you archery? Whereas Sven rewards you with Gold. My mate has also told me it's possible to marry Camilla yourself, so I'm up for a bit of that.

F82 M4
I believe if you side with Faendal he teaches you archery? Whereas Sven rewards you with Gold. My mate has also told me it's possible to marry Camilla yourself, so I'm up for a bit of that.
Haha! :cool: So much to do so little time in this game. I have loads of quests lined up and barely left the area!

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I have restarted. I got to level 11 as a Nord, bludgeoning everything in site with my big hammer (that's a Warhammer, not my penis) which was easy, but got boring after a while. I am now a Khajit, the cat thing. I am now a sneaky, thieving, potion using archer. Much better.

For the people who haven't played Elder Scrolls before, restarting after a few levels isn't really a problem IMHO. It takes about 10 odd hours to figure out exactly how you would like to play the game, as it is so variable depending on what skills/perks etc you use.

I would rather have a few hours of time that I invested in my original Character lost and have a character that I am happy with from the off. Back up to level 8 now after a solid evening of playing it anyway, so nearly back to where I was.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Why are folk who started out as say, Nords, restarting due to wanting to cast spells etc. Surely any race has the power to learn magicka?