ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I may start over. Being a Nord and running around splitting wigs with a Warhammer grows old fairly quickly.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I made the mistake of trying to escape from a bear by wading into a river

f**kers can swim :(

lol, I p*ssed off a couple of Mammoths by chasing them (and at times running away from them) around some rock formations setting them on fire and shooting them with arrows, it took forever but I eventually killed them and increased my archery level nicely, pmsl.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Lol. When I first saw a Giant I thought I would sneak up behind him and t**t him with my Hammer. He basically took no Damage and turned around and bopped me on the head, 1 hit kill. Lol, don't f**k with Giants.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Tempted to by this, not really into fantasy games though but if I was to buy one, I think this should be it.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm all about Big Swords and Fire, if I've got time to kill I'll take out the bow.

F**k sneaking ;)

F82 M4
Well it's off downloading now. Won't really get chance to have a go till Friday. Going to get a crate of Carling (£10 for 20 cans in ASDA btw!) and sit through a few hours Friday night. Quite looking forward to it :)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Its awesome, just played on it again at lunchtime. I'd go as far to say the world is better than in any Fallout, the landscape is so diversive. It's size is also quite overwhelming, which is good.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I love this game BAR one thing..

The scaling of monsters/dungeons/caves

Any other RPG ive played for e.g.. old dungeons and dragons, bladurs gate, warcraft, even diablo

They all have scaled quests and dungeons.. for e.g you may pick up a quest which at level 10 is a tad to hard.. but at level 13 alot easier..

But on this game is seems all quests/dungeons are scaled up to you level.. So don't matter if you level 5 or 50 the dungeon will be scaled to your level.... Which IMO is think is stupid of a RPG, You are ment to be able to say "nope that quests is to hard for me, il just finish some of these low level ones and then go back when im higher level".. really annoys me

Aw - please, no. It hasn't, has it??

FFS - that's the whole reason why Borderlands sucked shlong. The whole reason why I've stopped playing Dead Island too. When auto-levelling makes the enemies on par with your stats and it takes three full-speed run-overs of a standard zombie to kill it with a jeep - you realise that the game mechanics are lame. Not to mention fecking lazy.

We didn't have auto-levelling back in the days of the C-64. WhyTF is it common-place in 2011? Tossers. :mad:

D.

Octy VRS
Wasn't it the same in Fallout though? Enemies and creatures got a lot more badass as you levelled up.

Evo 5 RS
Not sure how Damo came to that conclusion. There is no auto leveling of areas at all... if a certain enemy is stronger than you, then it will be stronger than you (till you level up)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Wasn't it the same in Fallout though? Enemies and creatures got a lot more badass as you levelled up.

Possibly. But it wasn't that evident from my play-through. The enemies that were a challenge in the wastelands near the start were an absolute push-over towards the end.

Not sure how Damo came to that conclusion. There is no auto leveling of areas at all... if a certain enemy is stronger than you, then it will be stronger than you (till you level up)

That's what I was thinking also tbh, its not what I've seen.

^^^ - that's good news on both counts. Phew!

D.

Nissan 350z
Cant say ive encountered auto-scaling dungeons either.

I went off and did all the Companions quests, Imperial quests etc and now going back to the main storyline at lvl20+ the dungeons are a peice of cake, no challenge at all so i cant see how this is leveling with me?

Nothing at the mo :(

Like I said. Went in at level 11 and got owned. Went in at level 22 with betteg gear and still got owned meaning they scale up to your level

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Like I said. Went in at level 11 and got owned. Went in at level 22 with betteg gear and still got owned meaning they scale up to your level

I have read that if you enter a dungeon it auto locks the level of the dungeon to the level you first enter it at.

So, if you go to a Dungeon at level 5, leave and go back at level 25, the baddies inside will be level 5, not 25.