ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

You can completely avoid the spells and wizard s**t if you want

Okay now I'm listening. I don't have to slay dragons and stuff in order to build up the required level of mystic pixie dust that I need to buy a new sword that I need to slay a bigger dragon to get more pixie dust to buy a new sword that I need to slay a bigger dragon?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Okay now I'm listening. I don't have to slay dragons and stuff in order to build up the required level of mystic pixie dust that I need to buy a new sword that I need to slay a bigger dragon to get more pixie dust to buy a new sword that I need to slay a bigger dragon?

Once you've done the intro quest, you can ignore the main story and never see another dragon as far as I'm aware

I'm still humming and arring. I really didn't enjoy Fallout 3 so I don't think I'll enjoy this.

I hear you bro. My exact thoughts. I want to want it but I think I might rage if it turns out to be rubbish. I got my fingers burned by CS when it convinced me Fallout 3 was good.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Still can't decide if I would like this. Are there any guns in it, or is it literally all goblins and potions and shiz?

You probably wouldn't because of one thing....

Right near the start with the dragon attack, I saw one of the towns-folk calmly walking around while on fire. He'd caught a fair few licks of flame from the dragon, but carried on about his business as if all was ok. I really wish I'd FRAP'd it... :)

Some little things are bizarre, I find. Like getting caught for picking up a cabbage/apple/cheese, etc - yet being completely ignored when stealing the coin purse sat right next to the food.

Still a great game though. :)

D.

You probably wouldn't because of one thing....

Right near the start with the dragon attack, I saw one of the towns-folk calmly walking around while on fire. He'd caught a fair few licks of flame from the dragon, but carried on about his business as if all was ok. I really wish I'd FRAP'd it... :)

Exactly the same happened to me Fallout 3. In fact it was worse than that. I had a calm conversation with a person who was being burnt alive. Eventually the flames went out and the conversation continues as though nothing had happened. Things like this are a game ending show stopper for me. Thanks! you just saved me some money.

Arm ooot.

That's not really a bug though is it? It's a blatant code omission. If things can burn, then those things should be programmed to have a reaction.

I don't expect anyone else to care but that sort of thing just winds me up.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
The vast majority of the game is bug free, tbf

It's probably got a better car handling model than GT5 too, despite having no cars

Evo 5 RS
Do you reckon the menu is that bad though? It can be a bit frustrating when trying to find certain items, but the fav menu helps with that. Just people moaning for the sake of something to write about tbh

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I can see how it'd be properly poor if you were trying to use the mouse to navigate, it really isn't set up to be used with a mouse

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I've explored loads of places now and picked up some pretty decent gear. Trouble is, because I've not been doing the main quests, I've barely levelled at all. lol. I'm only Lv7 now.

Evo 5 RS
Think last time I jumped off I was level 9 or 10.. level 42 archer and 40 sneak though...Best part is I never intended on going that way when I started playing.. LOL

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, I'm focusing on sneak, archery, alchemy, speech and one-handed.

Doing quite nicely on the exploring side of things too. The world you have to explore is mental though. I walked to Wintergrasp yesterday and it took me 45 minutes.

Evo 5 RS

Doing quite nicely on the exploring side of things too. The world you have to explore is mental though. I walked to Wintergrasp yesterday and it took me 45 minutes.
Join the thieves guild if you can, there are like 30 quests for them alone, there is way too much content : (

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member

Exact opposite to me

I just want to smash everything to f**king pieces

What I do like are the stolen from Fallout killing blow animations

I need a new one handed sword.. my current one appears to have run out of juice or something, it was taking 5 health (and giving it to me) on every hit I did on the enemy

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Seems to be

There's a part of the game that stutters for me on medium settings (MASSIVE forest) with my Q6600 @ 3.6 and a GTX275 (admittedly not cutting edge, but I only play at 1080p)

It's just occurred to me that probs my most favourite game ever is Zelda Ocarina of Time, so I see no reason to be put off by all this dwarf and dragon malarkey.

Do want might get.

Evo 5 RS
Roy, maxed out you'll get choppy framerates when looking over certain bits, it's nothing that ruins the game though

Your overclock won't account for much, games very GPU limited

Nothing at the mo :(
If anyone plays this on Xbox and wants a chat while we hack and slash add me :D Il be on from about 5:30pm onwards

Gamertag = StoneSour Ninja

If you want to easily level Smithing.. Just buy cheap Ingots and leather scraps from blacksmithers and make Daggers.. Cost 1 of each and takes about 5 daggers to 1 skill point :D.. i want dragon armour!!!!

Apparently if you turn off Xbox controller support in the options you'll get a better frame rate. Gonna try later