ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

Part of me is tempted to get this, but I keep seeing things like this and being really, really put off.

If you want to easily level Smithing.. Just buy cheap Ingots and leather scraps from blacksmithers and make Daggers.. Cost 1 of each and takes about 5 daggers to 1 skill point :D.. i want dragon armour!!!!

I purposely hated and avoided all that World of Warcraft balls because I wasn't interested in all that goblin and wizards crap, and didn't exactly want to spend the rest of my life playing it. This looks very similar in that respect...

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
You need a wireless receiver for the PC, the wireless pad then works fine.

If i'm honest I thought I'd wasted my money on this last night from the quick play I had, it just didn't seem my type of game, but I've played it a fair bit today and I'm loving it, level 7 atm. Graphically, I've got everything maxed and it runs perfectly.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I'm not a huge fan of sneaking and magic!

Can you just become a big f**king hard nut with a f**k off sword and armour and still do ok?

That's what I'd be aiming for.

DCi
I got my first crash to desktop with no error today...

i went to some cave to kill some guy with a bounty, and there was another exit so i used it... it took me to 'skyrim' but when i went out i was in a pit full of spikes with no way out...because i was in skyrim i tried to fast travel to collect the bounty which is when i CTD'd

a simple 'cannot fast travel from this location' would have been fine there :(

Nothing at the mo :(
So whats everyones playing styles?

Atm im heavy armour/1 handed/shield/ combo... Might restart and try a mage approach

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
That'd be my approach I rekon.

Although maybe a staff or magic in one hand then a sword with heavy armour.

Any games like this I've always just gone the brute route and battered t way through.

Hopefully you still can.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
If i'm honest I thought I'd wasted my money on this last night from the quick play I had, it just didn't seem my type of game, but I've played it a fair bit today and I'm loving it, level 7 atm. Graphically, I've got everything maxed and it runs perfectly.

Yep - yours should piss it. My twin GTX460's aren't stressing with it either - so it should be silky smooth on your PC. :)

I'm not a huge fan of sneaking and magic!

Can you just become a big f**king hard nut with a f**k off sword and armour and still do ok?

That's what I'd be aiming for.

Yes. Follow Cookie's viewpoint on this. On my 2nd attempt on Oblivion, I just went for a thick-b*****d orc who could hit things hard and repair items well. Seemed to be a good combo at the time.

So whats everyones playing styles?

Atm im heavy armour/1 handed/shield/ combo... Might restart and try a mage approach

Went completely against what I normally pick and ended up being a wussy wood elf. As such, I'm pumping every bit of experience into archery and shooting anything that moves from range. I'm still only using an Imperial bow at the minute, but attacking while in sneak mode is helping to improve the stats. I really like the way when hunting (low level animals anyway) - the headshots are insta-kill. Just a shame that even apprentice level people can be a challenge - despite having the tip of an arrow protruding from the back of their skull....

Warrior

Kill whatever moves

Have you found the multi-barrel crossbow yet?? :)

D.

Nissan 350z
I laughed when i saw the Steam news that on release day, Skyrim had 250,000 concurrent players during the 24hrs compared with 78,000 for Modern Warfare 3.

Also incase you werent aware, the wench you get given in Whiterun (Lydia?) can be kitted out like the Mercs from Diablo2. If you give her armor/weapons to hold that are better than what shes got, she will equip them! Ive pimped her out to be my meat shield tank while i smash on stuff with a 2hander. Good times!

I think I might crack today and just buy this f**k. I just want to roam around the world killing bears and collecting skulls. Can I do that?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I laughed when i saw the Steam news that on release day, Skyrim had 250,000 concurrent players during the 24hrs compared with 78,000 for Modern Warfare 3.

Also incase you werent aware, the wench you get given in Whiterun (Lydia?) can be kitted out like the Mercs from Diablo2. If you give her armor/weapons to hold that are better than what shes got, she will equip them! Ive pimped her out to be my meat shield tank while i smash on stuff with a 2hander. Good times!

I accidentally left her to die somewhere

You can do that Roy, but the bears are properly strong, and will f**k you up. I'm level 13 and I still stand no hope of killing a bear

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Nah, you just need to be stronger :p

I like it, makes you work for everything. Can't just kill everything in the whole world straight away

I love this game BAR one thing..

The scaling of monsters/dungeons/caves

Any other RPG ive played for e.g.. old dungeons and dragons, bladurs gate, warcraft, even diablo

They all have scaled quests and dungeons.. for e.g you may pick up a quest which at level 10 is a tad to hard.. but at level 13 alot easier..

But on this game is seems all quests/dungeons are scaled up to you level.. So don't matter if you level 5 or 50 the dungeon will be scaled to your level.... Which IMO is think is stupid of a RPG, You are ment to be able to say "nope that quests is to hard for me, il just finish some of these low level ones and then go back when im higher level".. really annoys me

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I love this game BAR one thing..

The scaling of monsters/dungeons/caves

Any other RPG ive played for e.g.. old dungeons and dragons, bladurs gate, warcraft, even diablo

They all have scaled quests and dungeons.. for e.g you may pick up a quest which at level 10 is a tad to hard.. but at level 13 alot easier..

But on this game is seems all quests/dungeons are scaled up to you level.. So don't matter if you level 5 or 50 the dungeon will be scaled to your level.... Which IMO is think is stupid of a RPG, You are ment to be able to say "nope that quests is to hard for me, il just finish some of these low level ones and then go back when im higher level".. really annoys me

That's getting on my tits too, but the modding community will fix it soon enough

That's getting on my tits too, but the modding community will fix it soon enough

f**k its annoying me. I went in a cave on sunday and got owned even with a companion.. thought il come back in 2-3 levels after i got a certain perk

Went back there last night and owned me even more, Which is when i noticed that quests i got at the begining that im doing now at level 23 are still hard... I even had to bump the difficult down a notch to beable to get through it!!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Question. When you buy games that way and then register them in Steam, are you then able, at a later date, to re-download the game through Steam?

Yeah

Gamesplanet just sell you a (legit) CD key. You put CD key into Steam, and then it's mapped to that Steam account forever, same as any other game you buy from Steam

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
The strangest thing I've seen so far is when swimming underwater I saw a fox walking along the riverbed, flol.