ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Getting this tomorrow from town. Well, the missus is. She can't possibly f*ck that up.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Xbox is being brought down to LDN next week hopefully and the BB at the place im lodging is w**k so this will get purchased as i wont be on live for a while.

Hopefully if i offer £20 a month extra the folk im renting off will get a better package.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Been playing on and off for the last few days. The scale is insane. Been doing a few side missions but got stuck on one so went somewhere to do the main storyline.
Not had any of the crashing issues some of you are talking about. The quick save is going to be a massive time saver too.

Still can't decide if I would like this. Are there any guns in it, or is it literally all goblins and potions and shiz?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's awesome so far!

I restarted after I got to Lv7 with my first character when I decided I didn't like her.

Restarted with a Nord. Much better.

The scale of the game is mental though.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Oh, and I live in the woods. By myself.

I have many leather-bound books on my shelves and I hunt bears.

I love the way I could literally use this game as a wilderness simulator if I wanted. :eek:

Hmmm. Think want but not sure if should. Sounds like some decent escapism. I shall start properly interneting some reviews.

EDIT: Wow. It really does seem amazing, but I'm not sure I could commit to that level of complexity and scale.

Also, man with cat head? Wut.

Last edited:
I haven't been able to afford a house yet. Love this game though, it's so f**king fun and I bet ive hardly done anything so far. Went on a random walk to the top right of the map, found some interesting side quests.

Nothing at the mo :(
Level 21 now. Can't belive hoe much I haven't done lol just been doing side missions in caves and leveling me smithing up. It just sucks you in lol

Evo 8 MR
I'm level 16, 22 hours played, done a few main quests but mostly done side quests including learning new shouts and slaying some dragons.

The time just flies when you're on this. I never thought I could do a 13 hour marathon like when I was a kid, I was wrong.

Still yet to experience any bugs too, in fact I've encountered the CTD on startup but thats easily fixed in the sound properties.

Octy VRS
Anyone playing this on a fat PS3? Is it likely to explode or take off? I'm worried if I get this it'll wreck my refurb.

It seems popular opinion is that the PC version feels like a dodgy port, with badly designed menus and slightly iffy controls. Precisely how I felt Fallout 3 played on PC. Did want but will not get.

Evo 5 RS
It's not a dodgy port mate, on ultra settings the game will suffer from slight performance drops that's all.

It's an amazing game, overwhelming tbh. You'd be daft not to get it because of some hardcore RPG nerd fan nonsense of it being 'consolfied'. It is FAR from it, it's also one of the best games I've ever played, definitely this year but possibly ever

Thief guild ftw :eek:

Last edited:

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
It seems popular opinion is that the PC version feels like a dodgy port, with badly designed menus and slightly iffy controls. Precisely how I felt Fallout 3 played on PC. Did want but will not get.

It plays fine with the 360 pad on the PC tbh

Best of both worlds

I see what you boys are saying but you all said the same about Fallout, and that made me laugh so hard I was still laughing when the uninstall completed.

Probably because it was designed to be controlled by pad? Fallout 3 felt terrible with K&M. It was like moving a camera around. I suspect this is similar, hence some dislike from the PC camp maybe?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I played FO3 with the K+M, and then New Vegas with the pad, felt better with the pad. Didn't even play Skyrim with the K+M.

It's set up quite nicely for pad play tbh

Right trigger is whatever is in your right hand, left is left hand

DCi
i would find some of the sword fighting hard with a pad... moving back and forth to avoid blows and avoiding bumping into walls... I could only do it with a K+M but that's just me.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Waiting for me at home now. Shame I have footy tonight. Bah.

Looking forward to this. I figured that I'll wait until Christmas for Assassin's Creed Revelations. That gives me a good month and a bit for this, BF3, Fifa 12 and FM2012.

DCi
Waiting for me at home now. Shame I have footy tonight. Bah.

Looking forward to this. I figured that I'll wait until Christmas for Assassin's Creed Revelations. That gives me a good month and a bit for this, BF3, Fifa 12 and FM2012.
I have those games (and footy tonight coincidently) and all I am playing is Skyrim pretty much :):(

1eight2
I traded MW3 in yesterday and got skyrim for £4.99 (GAME)

All I can say so far is WOW, im addicted already. Killed my first dragon and completed a few side quests. Can't wait to get back to it tonight!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Still not sure if I want this or not. Just not sold and the spells/wizard s**t.

Does look very good though!

Nothing at the mo :(
Was just exploring yesterday..

Before you go to the greybeards and go up the mountain with 7000 steps head to the inn and ask the inn kepper about the disturbances at Sparrow barrow.. he will ask you to go check it out.

Check it out and return.. he will give you a claw key.. go back inside the barrow and insert the claw key and do the mini puzzle... head right to the end and you will learn a new shout :p unless you spoke to the inn keeper about this then you wouldnt get it :D

Also ask every INN KEEPER you see abouts rumours where near everone will give you at least 1 side quest to do