ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
There is a store in whiterun, its in the main square, next to the market stalls and the alchemy shop.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Been playing for a total of 11 hours now and I think I'm ready to change class. I'm a dark elf and all I do is just destroy everything with magic. Think I will start again as something slightly more stealthy and maybe use a bow.

F82 M4
Found some cracking information for us playing on the PC. Some nice little .ini tweaks -

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/11/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-tweaks-improve-graphics-disable-vsync-change-fov-and-more/

Can disable v-sync and mouse acceleration etc. The FOV (field of view) seams like a decent tweak, increases the width of 1st person view.

Also found a decent config maker for you guys with the uber PC's. Able to go above and beyond Ultra settings :cool:

http://donotargue.com/cfg-makers/skyrim/

(^^ Link is down at the moment but should be back up shortly)

DCi
I have a raise zombie spell which is pretty funny and that spell you get for going to the college is funky. I'm turning into a magic man :S

I hope you're right mate. I really want to enjoy it. The prospect of the open world escapism really appeals. I'm just not sure I can be bothered with the complexities. I might just wander around and do nothing :eek:

Downloading this f**k now. It best be awesome or I'm gonna rage-troll this thread.

You'll love it. Five posts later will realise it's not as good as you first thought. Then a day or so later you'll come to the conclusion that it is in fact the greatest game ever made. Half an hour later you'll be disappointed with it.

Maybe.

FLOL! sounds about right dude. I do have a habit of changing my mind about games on an hourly basis. I put it down to drugs.

F82 M4
Ok... Well... I definitely think the game is good, there's no doubt about that, I'm just still undecided if it's "for me". It's better than Fallout 3 but I think I much prefer linear style games like Half Life and Uncharted. I just feel too overwhelmed all the time with choice and decisions. It's making my gaming more of a chore if you get what I mean? I'm really going to give it a proper go though, I'm only about 4 hours in so far. I think I need to be patient to get the most from this game.

What's your verdict so far Roy?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I completed the Golden Claw quest yesterday. No spoiler on that because it's one of the first quests you are able to do. Was pretty cool.

Started using magic. One hand flame, the other hand heal. Enjoyed that. The skeletons in the cave didn't though. Was switching between that and my trusty sword.

Anyway...

Chose to side with Faendal and stitch Sven up with Camilla. He's now my companion and has tought me the skills of Archery. I'm now level 31 with that, having paid him the gold and then stole it back off him every time. Nice.
Went and did the Golden Claw quest. Enjoyed that, few little puzzles and collectibles along the way.

So I checked the Quest's I had going. One was the main quest and another was a miscellaneous quest to speak to a guy at Whiterun.

I headed off to Whiterun. Came across a trio of hired killers who set about trying to end me. Turns out that witch I robbed from the other day put out a contract for my death. Lovely.

Got to Whiterun. Spent about an hour there wandering around the buildings, guilds and Inn. I now have 9 miscellaneous quests just from speaking to people in the village! Didn't even speak to everyone, either. Also had a fist fight with a Nord in the Inn. Won that which netted me 100 Gold and improved my Un-armed skill. The Bar owner also has some impressive weapons for sale. I bought a Flaming Bow off him for around 350 Gold.

Decided to try and join the The Companions. Had a sword fight to prove myself, which I won easily as the other guy was too focused on Faendal, which gave me ample time to put him on his arse. He gave me his sword to strengthen and left. As did I. To bed.

F82 M4
I completed the Golden Claw quest yesterday. No spoiler on that because it's one of the first quests you are able to do. Was pretty cool. Started using magic. One hand flame, the other hand heal. Enjoyed that. The skeletons in the cave didn't though. Was switching between that and my trusty sword.Anyway...
Chose to side with Faendal and stitch Sven up with Camilla. He's now my companion and has tought me the skills of Archery. I'm now level 31 with that, having paid him the gold and then stole it back off him every time. Nice. Went and did the Golden Claw quest. Enjoyed that, few little puzzles and collectibles along the way.So I checked the Quest's I had going. One was the main quest and another was a miscellaneous quest to speak to a guy at Whiterun. I headed off to Whiterun. Came across a trio of hired killers who set about trying to end me. Turns out that witch I robbed from the other day put out a contract for my death. Lovely. Got to Whiterun. Spent about an hour there wandering around the buildings, guilds and Inn. I now have 9 miscellaneous quests just from speaking to people in the village! Didn't even speak to everyone, either. Also had a fist fight with a Nord in the Inn. Won that which netted me 100 Gold and improved my Un-armed skill. The Bar owner also has some impressive weapons for sale. I bought a Flaming Bow off him for around 350 Gold. Decided to try and join the The Companions. Had a sword fight to prove myself, which I won easily as the other guy was too focused on Faendal, which gave me ample time to put him on his arse. He gave me his sword to strengthen and left. As did I. To bed.
Sounds like good fun :cool: I read somewhere that Sven's Mother hires some assassins to take you down after the letter/Camilla fiasco. I haven't seen them yet. I haven't tried to steal anything at all yet 'cause I assume everyone will try and kill me from that area then? There's loads of houses I haven't been inside as I don't want to piss anyone off breaking in with the lockpick.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Solitude is awesome for selling your stuff.. aside from the fact that I run the shopkeepers out of cash fairly quickly :p

I need to buy a house to store my loots

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
^ There's a great house in Whiterun - 5000 Gold.

Sounds like good fun :cool: I read somewhere that Sven's Mother hires some assassins to take you down after the letter/Camilla fiasco. I haven't seen them yet. I haven't tried to steal anything at all yet 'cause I assume everyone will try and kill me from that area then? There's loads of houses I haven't been inside as I don't want to piss anyone off breaking in with the lockpick.

If you press the crouch button and it doesn't say detected with the open eye, you can steal and lockpick anything you can without attracting attention. Except if it's the house of a witch. I found that out to my peril and now have a contract on my head. I fully expect Sven's mum to be on my case now too, but I got my Archery skills up and will continue to do so for free by increasing my Perks in the Archery skill and getting Faendal to teach me more and then taking my gold back off him.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I was wandering in the countryside last night, and an assassin tried to kill me. I killed them in about 2 hits, then looted them.. they had a note from the Dark Brotherhood about a contract on my head (even said my name on it)

Way cool :D

F82 M4
^ There's a great house in Whiterun - 5000 Gold.
If you press the crouch button and it doesn't say detected with the open eye, you can steal and lockpick anything you can without attracting attention. Except if it's the house of a witch. I found that out to my peril and now have a contract on my head. I fully expect Sven's mum to be on my case now too, but I got my Archery skills up and will continue to do so for free by increasing my Perks in the Archery skill and getting Faendal to teach me more and then taking my gold back off him.
That's spot on mate, thanks for that. I wasn't aware at all. That's going to make things a lot easier :cool:

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I got jumped by a gang of three hired thugs, set on me by the inn keeper in Riverwood. I must have stolen something from him, but I was laways in sneak mode, so he must have found out somehow. Anyway, I killed the thugs and went back to speak to him hoping there would be an option for confronting him, but sadly there wasn't any dialogue for that in the speech. That would have been cool "Why did you hire people to kill me? Give me 500 gold and I won't beat you down"

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I got jumped by a gang of three hired thugs, set on me by the inn keeper in Riverwood. I must have stolen something from him, but I was laways in sneak mode, so he must have found out somehow. Anyway, I killed the thugs and went back to speak to him hoping there would be an option for confronting him, but sadly there wasn't any dialogue for that in the speech. That would have been cool "Why did you hire people to kill me? Give me 500 gold and I won't beat you down"

I put the basket on his head and stole everything from his shop. This was early on. I now realise half the stuff you can pick up is pointless. Saying that, you can make potions and loads of other concoctions with non-important items.

Nothing at the mo :(
Also it comes on a 10gb disc compared to xbox near 4gb.. and you HAD to install nearly 5gb on the ps3 and its optional on the xbox which i find shocking and mad lol,, it should be the other way round considering they have blu ray

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
This'll probably fix a few of the bugs which are good. Like stealing your gold back from Faendal. LOL.

New patch is arriving soon for all platforms. Confirmed by Pete Hays VP of PR and Marketing at Bethesda. Follow him on Twitter @DCDeacon

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Speaking of idiots, I took Faendal with me on the Golden Claw quest. About half way through, I noticed those swinging guilotine's that you have to run through. As I didn't particularly want to lose my trusty archer to these blades, I told him to wait where he was so I could do the rest of the quest on my own.

About 10 minutes past, I'd slayed a few Nord skeletons and then wondered if there was another exit at the end and I'd have to trek all the way back to find Faendal. So I decided to go back for him now and save me the trouble later on. Got back to the guilotine's, sprinted through them only to find that he had disappeared. Hmm. I walked back a little more to see if he'd walked off. Nope. Nowhere to be seen. Maybe he'd respawned at Riverwood again? Meh.
So I passed through the guilotine's again and who was this lying on the floor? It's only f*cking Faendal. The stupid b*stard had tried to follow me and obviously been sliced to death, even though I told him to stay put. F*cking elves.

Had to load an earlier save and this time bring him with me the whole way, which I should have done in the first place TBH.

Nothing at the mo :(
Maybe he got a video from Jigsaw and the surviving te Guilotine was a test?

Also Scutch what sorta playing style are you atm?

I started a new game last night and just went sneak/mage... Doing really well just owning them up with my magic

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Maybe he got a video from Jigsaw and the surviving te Guilotine was a test?

Also Scutch what sorta playing style are you atm?

I started a new game last night and just went sneak/mage... Doing really well just owning them up with my magic

You wanna play a little game? He failed the test.

I'm playing as a Nord at the moment. Currently going for one and two-handed but with magic and my trusty bow.

I've noticed that if everything gets maxed out to 100 it takes you to level 81, so therefore 80 perks. Although if recent form from Bethesda is anything to go by then DLC may increase level caps or allow further perks in the future.