ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XB360/PS3] The Elder Scrolls V : Skyrim

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
If I choose not to buy a house for 5k. Can I just claim an abandoned house out in the wild? or will my items disappear?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I have a house in Whiterun now, got all the decorations for it too

Also joined the Dark Brotherhood, some ace killing missions for them so far

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
You fail at RPG's Munson.

Its in the Barrow you go to with that f**king claw from riverwood. Drops off the boss at the end where you get your first dragon shout iirc.

No idea what you're talking about but I found it anyway. It was on the boss skeleton thing. However, said boss doesn't apper unless you walk up to the wall first, which I had missed. Twice. I do fail :eek:

Mind you I am loving it so far. It's really good! The graphics are also pretty good on my rig and it steams along at 60fps on ultra.

s**t I think I'm addicted. I stopped to watch Life's Too Short, but I'm recording it anyway so I can play some more Skryims. Right...

F82 M4
To be fair Roy I've played more today and I'm really enjoying it now. Got to grips with everything and understand it all.

BRB, more thieving pikey stuff to do :cool:

I'm still a hyper-n00b. Level 4 I think. Starting to understand stuff. Well, enough to increase my confidence anyway. I need a car though. The place is massive!

Anyone met this character yet? I was unable to kill him for some reason (hate those cat people, I kill most of them). There was also no dialog options, he just kept referring to himself in the 3rd person and saying random stuff. Then he wouldn't talk to me anymore.

1321598903.png

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Yeah I ran in to that guy outside Whiterun. Saw him twice in the same place. The second time he was standing over a dead bandit. Next time I see him I'll have a go at killing him. He is most likely required for a future quest though.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
That Lydia who fights for me has become epic. I can barely get a shot off with my bow before she has destroyed everyone with her staff :eek:

Just been wandering over to the grey beards after popping my dragon pwnting cherry. Such a charming game. To see it all maxed out at 60fps is captivating. It draws you in. I love it.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Some of the terrain is unbelieveable (for a game anyway) you really do feel like you've been on an epic journey crossing some of it with the severity of the inclines and the depth and pace of some of the rivers. It makes Fallout landscape feel flat in comparison.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Im glad you're enjoying it roy, however a tip for you (IMO) don't do the greybeard line of quests yet as thats the main quest. There are so many side quests to do first which you may miss out on.

Not sure if you are aware in terms of travel you can buy a horse for 1k gold from whiterun stables, you can hold alt which will make yOu sprint (it alsO works on the horse) and theres also a cart by city gates you can pay a bloke to take you to most main cities.

There is also fast travel to places you've already visited through the map function.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Yeah, you would probably be disappointed if you just do the main quest line. It would be over after a few evenings play time I imagine. The side quests is what it's all about.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Just been wandering over to the grey beards after popping my dragon pwnting cherry. Such a charming game. To see it all maxed out at 60fps is captivating. It draws you in. I love it.

I'm on that quest now too. I'm level 12 IIRC, but have been doing quite a few random miscellaneous quests too. I've also got Lydia as my companion - Faendal can f*ck off.

Question though: I took Lydia as my companion then did a quest for a guy who assigned Farkos to be my companion. This meant Lydia was fired until the quest was completed). So I completed it and returned to Whiterun but now I'm wondering if Lydia will still have all the stuff I made her carry when I re-assign her?

F*cking hope so, as she had loads of my expensive weapons and armour.

Also, killed my first dragon last night in the quest for Jaal. Is nice! :cool:

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
She should have.. she sits in Dragonreach and waits for you

Mine doesn't though, she's still dead. I had another person following me too, called Benor

He's dead too

I need another one, where can I get them?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I love this but haven't had a decent amount of time for it yet, I'm level 4, have done the golden claw quest and just gone to dragon reach. As far as I can tell I'm about to fight the dragon (heading to the tower).

How do I make these people follow me and where shall I head next for some side quests? I kick that birds ass in the pub (the one that wants a fist fight) booya.

Thanks ya'll.

P.s - I'm a savage mage dark elf, awesome (except for when you sprint with spells out you look like a woofta).

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm level 12, killed 3 dragons so far, got Lydia with me, she's a slow f**k and I often end up fighting my own battles whilst she is f**king around in the background somewhere, but she's not bad looking so she can stay for now.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I have a rule that I don't do any main quest line missions until I have leveled by between 6 - 8 levels from the previous.

I went to see the greybeards at level 7/8 so I will go and get the thing for them at level 13-15. Whether that will work in the long run I don't know, I may be too higher level or it doesn't work for some reason, but it is a good thing to go on.

Nissan 350z
Question though: I took Lydia as my companion then did a quest for a guy who assigned Farkos to be my companion. This meant Lydia was fired until the quest was completed). So I completed it and returned to Whiterun but now I'm wondering if Lydia will still have all the stuff I made her carry when I re-assign her?

She'll still have it but will have returned to her default equipment. Ive found from experience you will need to go into her items (they will still all be sat there) and take/re-give her 1 item and it sort of triggers her to re-equip everything again that she is holding.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I also told Lydia we needed to part ways thinking she would piss off and be someone else's pain in the ass. Next time when I went to my house, she was sat in my bedroom on a chair drinking from a Tankard. Lol, make yourself at home Love.

Rob, Just speak to all the NPC's in Whiterun and Riverwood to start with. The quests they give you are generally easier. You can also go and speak to the companion's to join them, which has a cool quest line. They are in the big building just below Dragonsreach.

Ok cheers for the advise. I reckon I'll probably throttle back on the main quests and do some messing around then. I've already reached the grey bearded badgers but I guess I can just leg it.

I stole a horse from some bloke that I killed, but I crashed it and then couldn't find it afterwards :( Also, I was looking for the sprint button but couldn't seem to find it. I'm not playing on K&M because it feels rubbish in this game, so I don't think alt will work lol. The game is perfect with the x360 pad. Nearly all other shooters manage to convey weight and inertia through K&M. Not sure why these boys seem unable to do it, but hey ho. The double arm system is better suited to pad triggers anyway.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
LB is the sprint button

I keep accidentally pressing RB instead of LB to sprint. The shouts scare the absolute s**t out of me when I'm not expecting it

german
Got this yesterday after trading in MW3, good riddance. This game is EPIC. Glad I got the guide, only cost £10 and is pretty useful considering the size of this game. Only level 3 so far, but in no rush!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I need to switch to pad tbh, I've not tried it yet, but have been proper p*ssed off with the keyboard following some tasks of the tasks I've had to do. Trying to do a combo of moving forward, sprint & shout got me pretty annoyed.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
LB is the sprint button

I keep accidentally pressing RB instead of LB to sprint. The shouts scare the absolute s**t out of me when I'm not expecting it

LOL. I did the exact same thing in the Bannered Mare pub. I wanted to quickly sprint upstairs to alter the figures on the pub's ledger (Thieves' Guild quest)

Instead, I FOOOOS'd everyone in the pub about ten feet back against the wall then showered them in nearby cutlery. :eek:

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
LOL. I did the exact same thing in the Bannered Mare pub. I wanted to quickly sprint upstairs to alter the figures on the pub's ledger (Thieves' Guild quest)

Instead, I FOOOOS'd everyone in the pub about ten feet back against the wall then showered them in nearby cutlery. :eek:

LOL. I did this in Dragonsreach on the big table. I FOOS RO'd everything everywhere. I wish the servants would slowly put everything back, everytime I go in there the place is a mess with cutlery all over the floor.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Oh, and I decided to beat up a horse. Trouble is, Faendal the f*cking nincompoop decided he wanted a go, too. Once your companion starts a fight, you simply cannot get them to stop. Horse was dead before I'd even had a chance to level up my Two Handed.

Little goblin w*nker. I even tried to get him to stay back behind some water but he still fired arrows from over the bridge right into Shergars noggin.