ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new rallye

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Picked this up the other day.

Few running problems but hopefully gonna sort it this week;

36388010.jpg

95704471.jpg

0d6eee19.jpg

53fe9d49.jpg

36359728.jpg

1e9a18e0.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely mate. Looks very fresh. I think I always preferred, Bianca White? But this is definitely a favourite. Really subtle colour.

Any plans for it? Why the purchase?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers guys. Not really got any major plans.

Ive got a pug sport that will be going on and Im gonna probably raise it a little at the back as it appears to be running some serious reverse rake!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
The original 8v box which was refuted in 2010. I have an invoice for the conversion in 2010 where everything was changed at a cost of just under £1600!

Megane r26
Awesome, does the s2 have shorter ratio box like the s1 did? I remember me mates s1 really used to be singing at 70mph on the motorway lol. Once again mate looks like a really lovely car.

What's involved in converting from 8v to 16v?

As for converting to 16v its fairly simple, I did a few saxo's a few years ago. All the engine an box bolts straight in, you need to use the 16v engine loom an a unlocked ecu so its runs with the cars immobiliser so it saves faffing around swapping keys. The 16v really is a great engine.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Awesome, does the s2 have shorter ratio box like the s1 did? I remember me mates s1 really used to be singing at 70mph on the motorway lol. Once again mate looks like a really lovely car.

As for converting to 16v its fairly simple, I did a few saxo's a few years ago. All the engine an box bolts straight in, you need to use the 16v engine loom an a unlocked ecu so its runs with the cars immobiliser so it saves faffing around swapping keys. The 16v really is a great engine.

Its a shorter ratio I think box but not super short like the s1. Was certainly not running at 2k revs at 70 like I did in the bora!

Megane r26
Its a shorter ratio I think box but not super short like the s1. Was certainly not running at 2k revs at 70 like I did in the bora!

I've never had a car that runs 2k at 70! It would be nice haha. Short ratio boxes are awesome down a nice set of lanes or on track, adds to the whole driving "feel" haha

pimp mobile Zafira
Spot on mate. That is lovely. Hope to see it about. How long will you keep this one? Till the end of te year!

Trophy #490
Great cars! I absolutely adore mine. Had it just over a year and I can't see me getting rid for many years as every drive is brilliant. They're quite uncomfortable, but the chassis is great and it's a car with brilliant steering feel. There's a good feature in Evo about it this month.

002-4.jpg

Megane r26
Great cars! I absolutely adore mine. Had it just over a year and I can't see me getting rid for many years as every drive is brilliant. They're quite uncomfortable, but the chassis is great and it's a car with brilliant steering feel. There's a good feature in Evo about it this month.

002-4.jpg

Nice, looks dead clean :cool:. Any modifications?

Trophy #490
Nice, looks dead clean :cool:. Any modifications?

Cobra buckets, Supersprint exhaust, GTi spoiler, carbon fog surrounds, and a little Sparco steering wheel. To be fair they don't need a lot doing at all as they're brilliant as standard. Can't recommend them enough! I'd have a Rallye over a GTi every day of the week.

Ive got a pug sport that will be going on and Im gonna probably raise it a little at the back as it appears to be running some serious reverse rake!

That's the style in Selby, if you have a torsion beam you have to have it like that otherwise you will be ridiculed.

Fortunately for the rest of us, it doesn't apply to proper suspension!

Megane r26
Cobra buckets, Supersprint exhaust, GTi spoiler, carbon fog surrounds, and a little Sparco steering wheel. To be fair they don't need a lot doing at all as they're brilliant as standard. Can't recommend them enough! I'd have a Rallye over a GTi every day of the week.

Yeah sounds like a good recipe you got there, its nice when there good out the box. Id rather have one over a gti anyway, a little more niche.

What are the differences other than the engine? Seriously looking into these.

There alot more hardcore, less equipped so wind up windows, steel wheels, no fogs, no door guards an only came in white, black an blue

M135i
Love the colour.

Also just love the steel wheels on these. So perfectly suited to the car IMO. Not often you can say that about steelies over alloys wheels.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
We don't talk anymore.

I feel let down/abused/anally numb.

Looks great though, perfect for the track. You were missed today. X

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
you got it then mate. looks good ive wrote a add out for the 172 and im lookin at s2 rallys for a temp daily so i can put some money into the s1. indego is defo the best colour.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
you got it then mate. looks good ive wrote a add out for the 172 and im lookin at s2 rallys for a temp daily so i can put some money into the s1. indego is defo the best colour.

I did mate, got it for a little less then we duscussed too!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
looks very tidy, whats the running issues?

The car just kept losing power and cutting out. I'd leave it for thirty seconds and off it would go for another 50 miles before it would do it again. To me, it felt like a sensor problem of something - the previous owner had to swap the exhaust for the mot and just slammed any old 106 exhaust on there so don't know if that's causing issues or not.

Hopefully I'll find out Wednesday.

172 Cup
Love it mate, i have always wanted a rallye and i think i always will want one lol. Pugsport ftw too :)

53 Clio's & counting
The car just kept losing power and cutting out. I'd leave it for thirty seconds and off it would go for another 50 miles before it would do it again. To me, it felt like a sensor problem of something - the previous owner had to swap the exhaust for the mot and just slammed any old 106 exhaust on there so don't know if that's causing issues or not.

Hopefully I'll find out Wednesday.

Id say a sensor issue, especially as you say leaving it then it's fine points towards something electrical - crank sensor?

My mates 16v has developed the same issue. Sorry for the lack of reply I'm that busy I didn't want to waste your time if his wasn't running properly. I've put a coilpack and a coolant temp sensor on his so far and it hasnt made any difference (both suggested by 106oc).

I've also got an unlocked, remapped ecu which you could have for little money ;)

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
bloody long way but your more than welcome to travel down to me and swap any sensors off mine you want, wont be seeing the road anytime soon.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
bloody long way but your more than welcome to travel down to me and swap any sensors off mine you want, wont be seeing the road anytime soon.

My local garage is pretty fair so I'm hoping he can sort it for me. I put plenty of work his way so he likes to keep me sweet!

But thanks for the offer, it's appreciated.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Just gave this a wash and it's amazing what you miss when you look at a car. The front bumper has what looks like a rattle can respray - to be fair, it's not that bad a job but just feels like sandpaper to touch!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Have you tried the throttle position sensor?

That could be the culprit for I cutting out. I had to change mine on my VTS when it was doing something similar.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Interesting, was only chatting to a mate before about these. How do you find it in comparison to the cup?

120d M Sport
Lambda sensor causes cutting out on these. Mine was on it's way out and used to do it, then I got a 2nd hand 4-2-1 manifold that had a different lambda sensor in, threw it on and it was faultess!