ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Injectors popping out of block and fuel rail

Renault Clio 1.2 Rus
Hi all, looking for suggestions.

1.2 8v, recently had misfiring issues with cylinder 2.
Bought an OBD plug in to confirm.
Using this site and advice given, I replaced spark plugs, no fix, replaced coil pack and leads, no fix.
Took the step of removing fuel injectors and cleaning, bloody awkward job but job done, running sweet, UNTIL…….

Car losing power, side of the road, injectors had popped out of the block, fuel everywhere.
(Classic mistake not replacing the injectors o-rings???)
Roadside bodge and a second stop, realised the injectors had popped out of the fuel rail. Clips obviously failing to hold in place. Additionally the screw holes for the fuel rail are not lining up so cannot secure it.

I have new OE o-rings being delivered, however my concern being the injectors popping out from the fuel rail.

Is this simply new clips or new fuel rail, anyone had this problem??

Current bodge (not using car until fixed - was a get home fix) and yes, you can see cable ties galore, a cardboard tube AND a stick to hold in place. Obviously not an ideal resolution but worked.

Other than this problem, no other issues, engine on 83k miles.

Suggestions appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3713.jpeg
    IMG_3713.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3714.jpeg
    IMG_3714.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Can’t speak for the 1.2 but the injectors on the 1x2 are mega tight if they’ve never been off. They’ll need force to go back in and might need lubricated. Engine oil has always been my choice.

Once on the clips need refitted or the rail will pop off. The bolts to hold the rail on should align and engage properly. If they don’t the injectors aren’t in properly or the rail isn’t on properly.