ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fuel Rail Connector Leaking

Clio 182
Noticed a strong smell of petrol in the cabin when the air conditioning is on so checked it out and found that the fuel connector to the fuel rail was pissing petrol out. I pulled the connector off and saw that the o-ring was a bit mangled so i need to either replace the o-ring or the connector. At the moment the car is stranded so i first need to work out if i can replace this myself or pay for it to be recovered to a garage.

I have searched the forum and can see some others having similar issues with a variety of people changing o-rings or using the ktec replacements. Is there any renault parts that can be replaced.

Any help is appreciated.

Fuel Leaking.png

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I bought a couple off K-Tec when my first Clio 182 had a dodgy connector. I tried all sorts to fit them but couldn’t get the new connectors on. Tried warming the pipe to soften it, but to no avail. I was lucky Renault still sold replacements pipes, so that’s what I did. Best of luck fella, hope you get it sorted.

RichValver

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16v/172 daily
I'd have a go with a new o ring and just cable tie it down. Mines been cable tied for years. You could get the section w/connector but not sure it's still available. Think most people use the ktec connectors with rubber line down to where it connects under the car

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Buy the ktec connector and rob the o rings off it and fit on your current pipe. Its generally the o rings that hold it in place tight.

I wouldnt attempt to swap the full connector to the plastic pipe without the right tools as it needs to be push fitted into the pipe.

This method could work though if your game for a try.

Clio 182
Thank you for the replies. I got a ktec connector and swapped the o-ring over. Seems to be holding. Once I pulled the connector off I could see the issue.

IMG_6717.jpeg