ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new rallye

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Swapped te exhaust over for the pug sport today and the problem still remains.

The car drove fine for 5 minutes then started holding back at the top end. Then wouldn't rev past 5k and eventually cut out. I left it for 30 seconds and it came back to life. I love old cars.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Have you tried the guys at FrenchSport Tuning?
They're based in Selby and s**t-hot with 106's

Mark actually lives on my estate! I tried calling him a few times and then recently sent him a message through 106 moaners - he did reply and said they weren't operating at the moment but should be back up and running in July.

Oh yeah I think they're a bit busy trying to get the demo cars finished for FCS next week. I'm on their stand as they've done loads of work on my cars over the years

Might be worth swapping the coilpack if you know anyone with a 16v local - as they're a common fault. Or like others have said most likely sensors are water temp sensor (there's 2, one goes to ecu and one to dash - ecu one is prone to dying), air temp sensor, lambda sensor and the idle control valves can be a pain too.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Loved my S2 rallye, would defo have another! Bilsteins and A048's made for some fun!

Astra (H) VXR
Looks stunning mate... Good buy..

I used to have an s1 and loved it, was such a fun car to drive.. Too bad some tw*t decided to take a hammer to every panel and window...

This is is in all it's glory

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339017951.460067.jpg

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
i love when someone has a running issue and they ask for help and people basically name every engine component or sensor and say there a common fault, i love these rallyes. infact ive just got in contact with a chap about one for sale some tasty bits i can rob off it and build it into a cheap daily while the s1 is having a revamp

I didn't list every sensor - I could if you would like

And TRUST me the ones I listed are common failure points.
Not that I'd know what I'm talking about - only had 106's for 8 years and own 106owners.co.uk ;)

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
haha i wasnt having a pop pal ive had my fair share of rallyes a project thread for my rallye is on this very page. its just something ive noticed when asking myself.

Coming from 106's to Clio's - the 106's definitely have a lot more issues with sensors. Every car I had I ended up playing the "swap all the sensors until it runs ok again" game

Up until 6 months ago I still had a huge box full of spare coil packs and sensors and ecu's for 106's in the garage lol

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Does it have a Vts engine this thing?
If so, you're welcome to take sensors, coils etc off mine jim. I only use it on track and it sits on the drive for 5/6 weeks at a time! It's road legal too so can drop it off and you can sort it whenever.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Oh and the dude on my street knows a bit about them. Bring it round for a brew and a chat? We'll sort it chief!

Trophy #490
Swapped te exhaust over for the pug sport today and the problem still remains.

The car drove fine for 5 minutes then started holding back at the top end. Then wouldn't rev past 5k and eventually cut out. I left it for 30 seconds and it came back to life. I love old cars.

Sounds like a fuel pump issue I had. It'd rev normally but would get considerably worse as time went on. Very frustrating!

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
Not far off what my rallye was like towards the end of the old pumps. Like I said its alright naming a sensor on these things but it could be anything. Luckily there's always someone about to swap bits off.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Ahhhhhhhh, starting to get frustrating now. The garage have just called and are blaming the fault on the bmc air filter saying that some pipe is not connected properly and this is causing a bad mixture. The only pipe that's missing (I think) is the oil breather and I can't believe that this would cause it to lose power and cut out! Back to the drawing board!

Alien Green 200
Its not the air filter, ran mine with a bmc and no breather filter for months. My bets on coilpack.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Ahhhhhhhh, starting to get frustrating now. The garage have just called and are blaming the fault on the bmc air filter saying that some pipe is not connected properly and this is causing a bad mixture. The only pipe that's missing (I think) is the oil breather and I can't believe that this would cause it to lose power and cut out! Back to the drawing board!

Complete rubbish.

Bring it round Saturday. Use the Vts coil pack for the week.

306 GTI-6
Tried buying petrol from another source?

I had a gti 6, and it started cutting out, had to start it using some revs etc. I cleaned icv, changed a couple of sensors (with no improvement) then realised that as that tank of fuel became diluted with fuel from my normal source, ut just started working again, and has had no issues since.

306 GTI-6
Should have also said, i changes the sensors back to the original ones when still having the issues.

It was therefore not in need of a new sensor, nor did a new sensor cure it.

So you did map, crank, all the throttle ones and lambdas? My friend has the same issue so I'm intrigued to what it is. I converted a vtr to vts and I never had any problems with the running but when I put it on the Snap-on machine it said there was a lambda fault, cleared the code and it didn't come back in.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Which numpties round here have you took it to Jim?

It was blanchards in selby. To be fair, the guy has been spot on with me and didn't charge me for the the diagnostic etc so don't want to **** him off. He's also sorted out a few probs with the Audi and has always been fair.

306 GTI-6
Yeah, changed them all, starting cheapest first. Also was lucky to be able to borrow known working ones from a friend. The ones i bought i sold on.

Was shocked when it turned out to be the petrol. Never used tesco momentum since.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
So you did map, crank, all the throttle ones and lambdas? My friend has the same issue so I'm intrigued to what it is. I converted a vtr to vts and I never had any problems with the running but when I put it on the Snap-on machine it said there was a lambda fault, cleared the code and it didn't come back in.

Not done any of that mate. I'm gonna take it over to Ricky p's in Barnsley next week. He breaks 106s so there will be plenty of bits to swap around but from speaking to him on the phone he thinks it's the fuel pump.

Im sure I'll get to the bottom of it.....

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Fitted a breather filter today and a new oil cap. Not quite managed to work out what the running issues are but should find out by Thursday all been well.

d0b2d117.jpg

6f80f3de.jpg

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Got the car back today after spending a couple of days at Ricky p's in Barnsley. I know some folk on here have given mixed reports regarding Ricky but he's always been ok with me.

Anyway, he diagnosed the cutting out issue as the fuel pump so swapped that for me, also swapped one of the engine mounts which had collapsed, fitted new gear linkage, sorted out the air bag light and sorted out an exhaust mount - all for £100 which I thought was pretty good value!

Drove it home and all seems ok (touch wood).

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Wow, that is cheap!

Hope it's all working again now, coming on the drive in a couple of weeks?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Did you find his unit ok?

A few people have drove down the neighbour's drives lol.

I'm glad you got the car sorted.