ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new rallye

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Did you find his unit ok?

A few people have drove down the neighbour's drives lol.

I'm glad you got the car sorted.

Luckily he was on the road when I arrived or I may have struggled. Nice little place but I don't think the neighbour approves!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
The "unit" used to belong to the house on the left as you go down the entrance. They sold it off because they didn't use it IIRC.

Are you planning on fitting bodies or anything to this one like the red one you had last year?

pimp mobile Zafira
I'm glad you've finally got it sorted. That was very cheap. Not bad. Any plans for it now that it's fixed?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
The "unit" used to belong to the house on the left as you go down the entrance. They sold it off because they didn't use it IIRC.

Are you planning on fitting bodies or anything to this one like the red one you had last year?

Would love to but it's a bit expensive. I'm just gonna enjoy for what it is at the moment and may make some changes when I get bored.

Trophy #490
Whereabouts in Barnsley is it? Would you recommend him? Glad it's sorted though! I thought it'd have been the fuel pump at fault.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
RickyP, fairly infamous around the Barnsley, Donny, Ponte, Wakey area lol.

I've been at the unit when people have drive down from Scotland to get their car lowered or for the cam package fitting.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
All clean and tucked up ready for bed!

6dbb732a.jpg

Clio 182
Nice car mate, looks tidy! must go well with a valver in there? always wanted to do it to mine. Had 2 rallyes, was building a boosted engine for it at one point but sold up to buy a vxr. Worse decision i ever made. 2 pics of mine:

5d609ec2.jpg

ff626c2b.jpg

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Not heard him mentioned much round here. I don't sit down McDonalds though so maybe he is popular with the kids here too.

I tend to only go on my own personal experience and it's been excellent.

Im not gonna spend my time defending him but he's been in business a good few years so can't be that bad.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice car mate, looks tidy! must go well with a valver in there? always wanted to do it to mine. Had 2 rallyes, was building a boosted engine for it at one point but sold up to buy a vxr. Worse decision i ever made. 2 pics of mine:

5d609ec2.jpg

ff626c2b.jpg

Nice mate, I was tempted by the bianca white but preferred the indigo in the end.

I enjoy these cars far more then 'modern' hot hatches.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects

Im not gonna spend my time defending him but he's been in business a good few years so can't be that bad.

U r so neutral. Ur so suited to your profession. Apart from being sexualist.

When I was spending a lot of time in Ponte for college, he was infamous amongst anybody with a Citroen/Pug for cut springs and dodgy torsion bar lowering jobs. Times have probably changed. I can only go off what I'd heard.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Booked in on Thursday for bonnet and front bumper respray and dent man on Friday. Should look pretty tidy after that.

pimp mobile Zafira
^Where you taking it for the paint work? You'll have to report back on the outcome. Mine desperatly needs the front end doing.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
^Where you taking it for the paint work? You'll have to report back on the outcome. Mine desperatly needs the front end doing.

Giving a local place called 'colour concept' a go as its a new business. Fingers crossed it will be ok......

Fiesta ST-3
Lovely car this mate. I have a massive soft spot for them. One was for sale locally at a bargain. Gutted I didn't go for it :(

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Got the car back today. The quality of the paintwork is excellent but I'm not happy with the paint match. The guy who painted it said the bonnet would 'dull' slightly but I'm not convinced.

Ill hopefully post some shots tomoz.

pimp mobile Zafira
Look forward to seeing the results. Have you ever used the Polish lad based in the Holmes ind est? Was thinking about trying the place you took yours but doesn't sound too favourable at the moment!

pimp mobile Zafira
^Splendid. Might give him a try then. £100 for the bumper isn't to bad.

Any pics of the fresh paintwork yet?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
If he's saying it will dull down I'm guessing the paint is brighter or got more depth than the rest of the panels? Indigo can be a ball ache for oxydisation so it may be worth getting the rest of the car machine polished to see if that helps.

As for the running issue you had, I had a very similar one with my cobalt gti, it would only rev to 5k rpm, turned out to be a crank position sensor in the end.

Seeing as everyone is showing there rallyes off, I'm going to hi-jack your thread aswell :)

DSC00020.jpg

015-1.jpg

019.jpg

023.jpg

001-6.jpg

006-4.jpg

010-4.jpg

One of kat's rallye, some may remember it

Photo-1.jpg