ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

J&R Drivers side Driveshaft

rstuned 182ff bg
Morning Chaps, Just a quick one , My 182 BG has been in the local garage now for a fwe months, New clutch / two new driveshafts , Passengerside a shaftec and the drivers side j&r shaft, MY question is do i have to grind the little square nobby bit off on the gear box, ?.Due to j&r driveshafts being a bit fecking shite, I am due to pick the clio up next week. I would of bought a shaftec for both sides , but i couldn't find a shaftec for the divers side at the time, But in the next few weeks i'm gonna try and grab one.....Cheers for any info lads.

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
is it a cup/cup pack?

If so J&r ones don’t fit they are too short

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I've had 2 Shaftec ones for the offside of my 172 and both of them have had the inner boot come away from the cup, subsequently spraying grease everywhere

I told them to shove it up their arse and bought a Borg and Beck one for half the price. It's been spot on! I had to grind off the little square casting from the block but other than that the fitment is mint

Lozza-p

ClioSport Club Member
  BG FF 182
The lad at the garage said he's been for a drive in it, So i'm a bit puzzled with the j&r shaft meant to be to short.
Maybe mine was boxed wrong then. it was about 10-15cm shorter, i emailed them with pictures and they just said that's the only one they list